You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Thins not to do in WOWS: Pretending you are a noob in a tier 10 battle

30 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

I mean, I not not such a bad player-i guess i am ok, and guess what...today I free EXPed yamato from amagi. First battle in yamato, said that I bought this account and dont know how to play, got focus fired, no teammate to help me, no DD to smoke me while I have 4 fires on me, and died a miserable life.:child:

JOrSJdo.png

xQVHjyj.png

634 posts
6,218 battles

you are an okay player but probs below average

at least you died in a honoubru way

Not Honorable enough! Yamato shall die from battling with Battleships, not dying from fires cause by CAs:izmena:

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,024 battles

Yamato's are threatening and formidable, I would definitely tell my team to focus a Yamato down with HE whenever possible.

Expect focus fire from paranoid players. I hear that the focus fire on the Yamato is so strong, that the Montana is underestimated and could get away with things

451 posts
6,946 battles

U should have played the izumo first lol, at least u can say "it's a bad ship" when u just happen to have a bad game in it. It also teaches u to just point the spear and go in like that.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles

Oh, and I also got reported from both teams :medal:I shall gave my self a 'dumbass of the day award'

Most time sit is better just to STFU in chat, many peolpe can;t take a joke - esp at T10 where the repair costs are so high, the tolerance level for any perceived , um noobishness is pretty low, 

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You probably still used to the Amagi playstyle that wouldn't work on Yamato, so your behavior would be jarringly suspicious to others.. Just ignore those T10 elitists while you learn how to drive it..

Beta Tester
908 posts

Not Honorable enough! Yamato shall die from battling with Battleships, not dying from fires cause by CAs:izmena:

You need more experience in playing high tiers.

Don't expect people to come and save you on this server. So no smoke, not much help from team. The only time you will get help is by divisioning up with friends or knowing the other players because you have played with them heaps.

Go watch some high tier plays on the yamato before attempting again. Don't get discouraged by reports. Just go into the game and don't tell anyone you free-xped the ship ahah.

634 posts
6,218 battles

You probably still used to the Amagi playstyle that wouldn't work on Yamato, so your behavior would be jarringly suspicious to others.. Just ignore those T10 elitists while you learn how to drive it..

thanks for the advice eurobeat! I was actually hoping to send you two of my torp beats in my atago in one single match but guess what '404 replay file not found'

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Smoking a Yamato (is that how you say it? nope) is not a good idea anyway, its a big "Torp Here" signpost.

I also have this problem. I play a few T5, wreck stuff, go to T7, do shit. Then I play a few more for T7, and start getting good games. Again after that I pick a T8 ship, get absolutely rekt, then I play a few more T8 for good game numbers.

How do you guys autotune yourselves to different tier play style? Just hopping in is not working for me. May be I need to play a lot more which is impossible given my sorry life.

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

icy you are a good player, average folk like us feel the same. I love t5/6/7 but as soon as you hit 8/9/10, its like poison, and by poison I mean static crap (cowardly) play

You are totally misguided by my winrate buddy :trollface: You get that when you play in division. I am a weekend scrub.... :popcorn:

783 posts
4,824 battles

Smoking a Yamato (is that how you say it? nope) is not a good idea anyway, its a big "Torp Here" signpost.

I also have this problem. I play a few T5, wreck stuff, go to T7, do shit. Then I play a few more for T7, and start getting good games. Again after that I pick a T8 ship, get absolutely rekt, then I play a few more T8 for good game numbers.

How do you guys autotune yourselves to different tier play style? Just hopping in is not working for me. May be I need to play a lot more which is impossible given my sorry life.

Well, autotune comes with many games.

Personally, I'm just lucky with most of my new ship's maiden voyages or I get carried by the team(w/ or w/o division).

Being in the side doing the steamrolling provides a good leeway to attune to a ship quickly.

69 posts
4,484 battles

montana could do damage if she caught yamato broadside other than that just happily change to your fire marshmallow angle your butt and hope for the best *montana needs some buffs*

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

montana could do damage if she caught yamato broadside other than that just happily change to your fire marshmallow angle your butt and hope for the best *montana needs some buffs*

You my friend need to git gud for Montana. Montana is much better ship than Yamato. Ability / inability to cut a specific ship like butter does not prove one ship's worth. There are certain things that Montana does way better than a Yamato. And Montana has been buffed already.
Edited by icy_phoenix

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

You free-exp'd through Izumo, the supposed training ship for Yamato.

Your first battle with Yamato only had 4 digits of damage. Please consider getting familiar with the ship's handling in Co-Op. It has a playstyle different from the Amagi.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Your first battle with Yamato only had 4 digits of damage. Please consider getting familiar with the ship's handling in Co-Op. It has a playstyle different from the Amagi.

Stein...

Her acc is locked

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Yamato in Co-Op = a hole in your credit bucket. A big one.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yamato in Co-Op = a hole in your credit bucket. A big one.

Well i meet one

When the rest of team is mostly tier 8 premium

This kind of guy showed up

With his Shiny Yamato

All flags and Camo

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

Well i meet one

When the rest of team is mostly tier 8 premium

This kind of guy showed up

With his Shiny Yamato

All flags and Camo

Lol probably thought he had too many of em... :D Or may be didn't realize co-op is selected.

Edited by icy_phoenix