You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

is there no one in this stupid server that can speak english or use voice chat

26 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

every person i have met in the Asia server have either been non compliant to use voice chat or have no English to use it when i first used the feature in test servers i found it very useful and lot of people willing to use heck i found a German that could speak English pretty good yet when i try in Asia server no one wants to use it and im really considering asking war gaming to transfer me to north American server i want to speak and play with other people who can actually speak to me god dammit and just to clarify i was not trying to be racist i just want some dam communication in my team

Edited by THUNDERCOMMANDER4

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Join the Discord WoWS group.

You'll meet lots of people who voice chat.

Problem is that the invite link expires, so I can't give you the invite link now.

Half the Asian members there are part of my harem. You may borrow them.

220 posts
3,420 battles

It seems I almost see new people in each game, I to would like to yak, I use teamspeak for my online racing sim.

I suppose it's only good if you are playing team battles ? 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

It seems I almost see new people in each game, I to would like to yak, I use teamspeak for my online racing sim.

I suppose it's only good if you are playing team battles ? 

nope, quite a few of us in SIF jump on TS when we div up.  Voice comms tightens your teamwork up (helps that our div is all ex-ran ops room types and we can chop pretty quickly from general chatter to serious deal with this problem comms ;) )
Edited by dead_man_walking

265 posts
799 battles

nope, quite a few of us in SIF jump on TS when we div up.  Voice comms tightens your teamwork up (helps that our div is all ex-ran ops room types and we can chop pretty quickly from general chatter to serious deal with this problem comms ;) )

Ops room? Like say mission control? Ship CIC officer? Wow. :O

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Join the Discord WoWS group.

You'll meet lots of people who voice chat.

Problem is that the invite link expires, so I can't give you the invite link now.

Half the Asian members there are part of my harem. You may borrow them.

So is there anyway to join in?

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,009 battles

Not sure why, but most others you come across could be doing what I usually do; I keep quiet and keep to myself, especially when I don't want to say hi only to refuse a request to div later on. But of course I still communicate when necessary. I prefer it this way usually.

Edit: Just take Stein_Grenadier's suggestion and join reddit's discord server. It can be accessed in a web browser and on its own app. You can PM me or Stein for a link to the server or visit world of warship's subreddit and click on the link on the right hand side where the FAQs and additional info are displayed

Edited by derekPo

783 posts
4,808 battles

Other than the discord suggestions, only now have I seen the "enable voice chat" checkbox before battle so there's that.

I'm pretty sure the average player would not notice it too even disregarding the language barriers.

334 posts
12,967 battles

I wonder if players from other country's get on their forums complaining no one knows their language.:amazed:

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Other than the discord suggestions, only now have I seen the "enable voice chat" checkbox before battle so there's that.

I'm pretty sure the average player would not notice it too even disregarding the language barriers.

They don't even read patch notes? I tried it, it is not as good as discord yet. Needs refinement. Vocal felt low volume and dampened.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

I wonder if players from other country's get on their forums complaining no one knows their language.:amazed:

Not a problem fur NA and RU server. Only in EU and Asia hahaha

783 posts
4,808 battles

They don't even read patch notes? I tried it, it is not as good as discord yet. Needs refinement. Vocal felt low volume and dampened.

To be fair, I read the patch notes too and saw that change but I didn't think it'd be a checkbox during the countdown before the match.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

Radar Plotters or CSO's?

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,947 battles

helps that our div is all ex-ran ops room types and we can chop pretty quickly from general chatter to serious deal with this problem comms ;)

So you painted a lot of rocks, eh?

Don't mind me, ex-scab lifter.

Edited by Bex_o7

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

So you painted a lot of rocks, eh?

Don't mind me, ex-scab lifter.

nah mate, sparker here, I don't do that painting stuff, I left that for the mullets lol

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Discord is good i joined the group. Plus there is team speak or curse (task force 44) with people always chatting or playing. 

I think the OP would like the side to chat though and not only the division. I thought the new in game comms was division only, or was i wrong?

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Discord is good i joined the group. Plus there is team speak or curse (task force 44) with people always chatting or playing. 

I think the OP would like the side to chat though and not only the division. I thought the new in game comms was division only, or was i wrong?

It is division only.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I think you and a lots of people misunderstood something, Enable voice chat is only for Division mate, no matter how much you screamed when you are not divisioning nobody would hear it.

So just use F commands, they are automatically translated into the player prefered language. 

Edited by Vio_Strygun

248 posts

pro tip from someone who has suffered 4 chat bans.

DO NOT SPEAK ON THIS SERVER.

for some reason it only attracts attention, and i only do it now when i know someone

or am truly frustrated. even when you're 100% right, and you're carrying the whole dman team,

you will still be the one who gets reported.

there can be a guy friendly torping the whole team,

and no-one will say a word, no-one will even report him,

maybe they're bots??

but god forbid you give some people the truth they dearly need to hear.

i now pretend i can't speak english like everyone else.

you can get away with murder :)

seriously. you can go back to doing what you want,

and no-one can do anything about it.

if you don't chat there can be no chat report ,

and the "bad ply" report is as useless as udders on a bull

Edited by fuzzjunky

248 posts

there is also another topic discussing how you get chat bans.

you get them from an accumulated number or reports nothing more.

lol no there isn't a guy in a room checking chatlogs.

the reports accumulate, and when they reach a certain number you get a ban,

for every game you play when you don't get reported you get some removed.