You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Tier III BB Memories, Pre German BBs

23 comments in this topic

423 posts

As to the headline, this thread is about your best tier 3 bb battle before the German BBs come and the meta changes.  I feel that this would be a nice little history for other players who will never know the game as it is now and it will be changed with the Germans.

Rules:

1. Videos and Screen Shots are not required as these are your early battles, and may not have had that enabled.

2. No Seal Clubbing tales.

3. It had to be memorable to YOU and new to either battleships or the other battleship line.

4. Have fun.

I'll go first, in the next post.

423 posts

Ok, this is where I fell in love with BBs.

I was in the S.C. and playing CO-OP.  I didn't realize that I was playing against bots at the time, I was that new to the game.   Sooooo, yeah, a whole lot of mistakes in this story.

We were at Solomons, standard battle with 2 SC, 3 St. Louis, 2 DD, 2 Tenryus.  Right at the start, I had a plan, I would go east and around the bend like I'm supposed too, but I would give support to the slot as I passed. 1 SC and 2 St. Louis went west and 1 St. Louis went east, with both dds and Tenryus right up the middle. 

I'm all ahead slow and see that all four of the "Hey diddle, diddle, right up the middle!" dudes were screaming for help.  I see on the minimap both dds from the bots were there.  Not so bad, I switch to HE just in case. Then ALL THREE BOT ST. LOUIS showed up and all them fired on the lead Tenryu.  He just died as all 3 hit him at once. 

I was to busy freaking out as 1 of our dds died and the other Tenryu died to torps. It was now 2 vs 5.  My guns are reloaded with HE and I blast at the lead bot dd.  3 out of 4 shots hit him.  I turn to get my other guns around, due to my position, I have to turn towards the slot or run aground on the sandbars to my left!  (Sorry we were on the north side.) 

I get my rear guns around on him and let him have it again.  Killed him, thank goodness, but I couldn't turn, his torps had me backed up going the other way!. :teethhappy:

They pass, and I have to turn again, back into the slot to not run aground, and I dodge more torps from the other dd, (who died just after firing at me from our dd).  I'm angled to the mouth of the slot to miss the torps, but still have time to turn around and do a fighting retreat.  I got all 3 St. Louis bearing down on me at full speed.

Next thing I know, I have to dodge my own dd's torps as he misses the St. Louis infront of me.  :angry:  Watch it!   Next thing I know, I'm going to pass the first St. Louis at 0.5 km!  My guns are turned in the right direction and I'm really worried that I can't shoot him, cause he's too close!  :teethhappy:  Both of us are not firing, and we are just going to pass with no shots fired, when screw it, just shoot!  Amazingly, 6 of my 8 shots hit him!  All in the fence railing on his sides!  :D 

I did basiclly no damange, so I switched to AP and my SC just lights up like a Christmas Tree!  All 3 St. Louis are with in 2 km of me and would stay that way for the rest of match. 

I spend the most of the match in the slot, firing front guns, then rear guns at different bots and dodging torps, (who didn't hit a thing).  At less than 2 km, AP from a SC on a St. Louis acts a lot like HE from farther away.  I got more than 2 dozen incapacitations!  Dodging friendly torps didn't bother me, as we had switched roles because it all went wrong!  Noooooooooooo, the thing that got me, was I shot the St. Louis to almost death and he just pops so shots and kill them!  All 3!  :izmena:

So at the end, I switch back to HE, I'm soooooooo going to TK this guy. :unsure:  I know, that's bad.  It gets better.

Just before I fire, DIVE BOBMERS! WHERE DID THEY COME FROM! WHERE'S THE TORP BOMBERS! :ohmy: 

Wait, there's no carrier, why am looking in the sky? 

Oh look, mini map!  There's a BB in the south west.

You ______________________________________ missed me!  I'LL SHOW YOU SHOOTING, EAT HE YOU __________________________________________________________________!  BAM! 3 OUT OF 4 HIT YOU AT 11 KM!  HA! WAIT, WHAT'S THIS?!  YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM THAT BOO-BOO!?  COME BACK HERE YOU FULL HEALTH COWARD!  AP LOADED! FIRE!  6 OUT OF 8!  BAM! THAT'S A REAL BB DOES IT YOU _________________________________________________________!   :izmena:

Then the game ends with a victory cause our lone St. Louis, shot both bot Tenryus and capped their base while everyone else was busy. 

But for me, the best part? It was less than 2 k damange from all of those St. Louis at less than 2km for 15 minutes!  :trollface: 

This for me made me fall in love with BBs which I am today still having the most fun and doing the best in as well. 
I've got a few more, but I'll let others post their stories! 

Have fun!  :popcorn:

265 posts
799 battles

Sail the Kawachi once

Got OSKed by a Kongo

Sail her again

Got fished

Never again

Edited by adnadi

423 posts

Kawachi.

Rammed something.

Somehow.

LOL! :medal: Medals to you buddy.

Sail the Kawachi once

Got OSKed by a Kongo

Sail her again

Got fished

Never again

Hey! How about something fun?!:rolleyes:

265 posts
799 battles

Hey! How about something fun?!:rolleyes:

The thing is, my tier 3 battleships stories consist of me failing super hard on the game. Wrong ships to pick for an ensign I know, but dang Iowa is sexy and I then went straight into the SC

come to think of it, one time I was doubting the merits of HE. Mind you I was a noob back then (a lot less of a noob now but still a bit of :P). I asked my friend who then sailed the Kawachi. He said, "stick to HE. AP is useless. I only get about 2k per salvo pinging the St. Louis".

I still doubted him so the next PVP match, I load AP in my SC. Cometh a Tenryuu sailing broadside. I fired and he evaporated instantly from full health. That's when I fell in love in BBs in general

still free-exp'd the Kawachi tho. :sceptic:

Edited by adnadi

423 posts

The thing is, my tier 3 battleships stories consist of me failing super hard on the game. Wrong ships to pick for an ensign I know, but dang Iowa is sexy and I then went straight into the SC

come to think of it, one time I was doubting the merits of HE. Mind you I was a noob back then (a lot less of a noob now but still a bit of :P). I asked my friend who then sailed the Kawachi. He said, "stick to HE. AP is useless. I only get about 2k per salvo pinging the St. Louis".

I still doubted him so the next PVP match, I load AP in my SC. Cometh a Tenryuu sailing broadside. I fired and he evaporated instantly from full health. That's when I fell in love in BBs in general

still free-exp'd the Kawachi tho. :sceptic:

LOL!  AP is OP when used correctly!  :playing:

265 posts
799 battles

LOL!  AP is OP when used correctly!  :playing:

Granted, he beached his Tenryuu, and it took me a long while to improve my gunnery, but that one salvo hooked me up

563 posts
4,686 battles

Kawachi

Shoot full broadside to a stopping enemy, 6km away

Aims right in the middle, above the main belt armor

Watch my shells magically going further apart from one another

See one splash fall 2-300m off the target and the other one flew to god knows where

As the splash clears off I see 1 hit ricochet

and that moment when you delete a kolberg from full health.. on a bloody kawachi

783 posts
4,821 battles

Kawachi, my first ever BB.

I didn't know any of the important game mechanics and just loaded HE. My Aim was horrible to boot.

Then near engagements I just lock my rudder at one direction and let the Kawachi dance using all 6 weirdly placed turrets. I thought I was a boss doing it too. It's also way better when an enemy BB tries to engage me while doing that and we ram each other.

Now though, I'm just embarrassed on how stupid the moves I thought of doing were.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Only played 1 battle in SC, and lost. Next thing I used for public games are tier 5 battleships. (This is my memory of T3 in this server). Survived SC, Kawachi, Wyoming, Myogi once before and that was more than enough.

All T3 and T4 BBs are crap, (excluding Nikolai), I don't think German ships will be any different for that tier. Now I have to make my mind, whether I free XP to tier 5, or use the free XP on stock Amagi.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,499 battles

Lets see, T3 memories..

Oh yes, play one game in SC and Kawachi each . Rage at inability to pen (or hit) anything showing a broadside even when only 4 km away. But enjoy being turned into a floating BBQ by St Louis flamethrowers.

read forums, discover it aint just me. 

Twig that I have 120k free exp. Apply super module upgrade hax and free xp past these pieces of dross.

Jump to Tier 4, problem solved(ish)

423 posts

First Kawachi Battle,

New Dawn, mandatory bottom tier xp in new ship.  In random this time.  :P

I know I'm slow and have short range.  So "Hey Diddle, Diddle, Straight Up the Middle!"

10 minutes later, I have only seen 1 ship and he was too far away to chase in stock Kawachi, and not detected even once, (there is even a CV in the game to boot).

I end up in the enemy cap with 3 people on my team left! :B

It quickly turns into solo warrior time, with 5 players left on their side, 2 Myogis and 1 Wyoming, 1 CV and 1 DD

The CV the tried to torp me, didn't work. Torpedo Beat! :trollface:

DD tries to torp me, I think he had the acceleration on his captain so extra short range, but I was able to shoot him about every time he showed himself.  So between him and the CV they zone me out of the island shelter, because the Myogis are taking turns for hail marry shots with their spotting planes trying to reset the cap! 

It works, I get hit 9/10 of the way to capping them to death!  1 over pen! Bam! I'm reset to behind the enemy and they win by capping! 

Almost won my first Kawachi battle without firing a shot or seeing anyone else!  :teethhappy:

I had some fun in the Tier 3 BBs.  Oh, did I have some fun.

Still have a couple of bb stories from T3. 

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,499 battles

Are you guys really remember all these stuffs, or just making them up.....

Maybe some poetic license, pretty sure I played most was through the Kawachi, and thought sod that and free XP'd the South Carolina without even playing it 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

I am fairly certain that I remember the times where I actually managed to kill something in Kawachi.

But, can you write beautiful stories like these people are doing?

783 posts
4,821 battles

Are you guys really remember all these stuffs, or just making them up.....

My own actions were so distinctly ******** that I remembered it to this very day.