You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

USS Flint gameplay.

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

9.2km torpedo range

has smoke that last like tier 9 usn smoke

this ship will be the envy of all gunboat.

who needs an island waifu when you a crew who into vaping. :teethhappy:

what are we going to have next a bottlesheep with smoke screen?:trollface:

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

So what are the downsides?

has less gun than altata?

has no radar so dd can counter can hide against her well flint than do that too. imo smoke is way stronger since radar has limited range and has very short duration.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

So what are the downsides?

Well, you gotta make it to Rank 1 for the last 2 seasons of Ranked Battles (I think) to get this one, i.e., lots of hard grinding.

Similar to how one can get T-22 sr. in WoT back then. Except that players can't cheat to get it. :P 

I say it's worth the grind.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

But where our Flint :(

This actually came up on the WoWS subreddit about a week ago and Quemapueblos (WGNA Producer) posted this information;

Sauce

Talking points:

1. to get the USS Flint you need to rank-out 3 times

2. Jolly Roger II and Flint have to be manually credited to those who qualify (so may take time to happen)

Should be the same format for ASIA since it is a global event

Consecutive does not matter. Now that this Season is over we will tally up who should earn the Jolly Roger II and Flint, then credit everyone appropriately. Give us some time for this part though please :)

.....at least you're getting one :(

Edited by ADM_dude

181 posts
7,548 battles

So hold on, how do we get the Flint?

Reach rank 1 three times, including last season.
Edited by 8knots

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

No offense intended here, but who actually tests and approves these ships? Surely someone thought to play it the way it's played in the video or did everyone think, because it's basically the Atlanta to play it like her and hide behind islands.  That smoke seems way to powerful, (IChase's reaction is entertaining) and that recharge time.... yet all you see about the German BB's is nerf, nerf nerf.... I can'[t imagine the Scharnhurst coming anywhere near as close to this ships killing potential....

So as long as players play it the way shown, it's an absolute killing machine.

The only good thing about it is that there will be very few of these in the game at the moment and WG can nerf it as much as they want and nobody can complain, but if WG keep it as the grand prize I bet a lot of people will play rank until they get one. So if you thought ranked was bad before wait for next time... lol

I wonder if they'll sell it as omg it'll sell by the thousands.....

Beta Tester
908 posts

No offense intended here, but who actually tests and approves these ships? Surely someone thought to play it the way it's played in the video or did everyone think, because it's basically the Atlanta to play it like her and hide behind islands.  That smoke seems way to powerful, (IChase's reaction is entertaining) and that recharge time.... yet all you see about the German BB's is nerf, nerf nerf.... I can'[t imagine the Scharnhurst coming anywhere near as close to this ships killing potential....

So as long as players play it the way shown, it's an absolute killing machine.

The only good thing about it is that there will be very few of these in the game at the moment and WG can nerf it as much as they want and nobody can complain, but if WG keep it as the grand prize I bet a lot of people will play rank until they get one. So if you thought ranked was bad before wait for next time... lol

I wonder if they'll sell it as omg it'll sell by the thousands.....

You seem to have no idea that the calibre of players playing the flint.

To rank our 3 times is no easy thing, the players are just that good. Give them any ship and they will give you a run for your money.

BTW: Theres ways to counter a flint sitting in smoke.

Edited by SlamUez

563 posts
4,686 battles

Every ship can be OP in the right circumstances. In this case enemy conviniently pushing aggressively. And no one throw a good enough torp spread to the flint. 

I agree those dedicated players need to be handsomely rewarded. But yes the smoke needs to be tweaked a bit

and scharnhorst.... stop hurting her with the nerf wg.. please just let me take care of her already. it's almost a month since she was first tested

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Forget the ship... I don't want to face players who ranked #1 three times in the enemy... doesn't matter what ship they are in.

On average hand, flint will be the same average crap you see normally see for Atlanta. Looking at this match, his positioning was absolutely spot on, he spent minimum time doing nothing or trying to spam targets that are not a threat. Also this is a T7 top and the enemy kept coming one by one (typical NA players).

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

You seem to have no idea that the calibre of players playing the flint.

To rank our 3 times is no easy thing, the players are just that good. Give them any ship and they will give you a run for your money.

BTW: Theres ways to counter a flint sitting in smoke.

Unfortunately I do know the calibre of the players playing the Flint which is actually what concerns me the most about it. How many of the testers were of there calibre? Placing a good ship in average hands, makes for an average ship, placing a bad ship in a superb players hands still makes for a superb ship. It's the user who makes the ship, so placing a good ship with exceptional capabilities with a ranked 1 player is simply going to make for an OP ship. Don't forget the average player will not get this ship so you won't get clowns playing her. 

I also know there are ways to counter ships sitting in smoke, (hydro, radar, torps, ETC) but when you have a ship with a long smoke cover time which can quickly recharge within 30 seconds being operated by a player who seriously knows how to play it properly, it simply makes it OP in a game. How many DD's have this sort of smoke screen time and generation ability?  

The only good thing about it is that it'll be as rare as anything to see, as the requirements to get it would be beyond the vast majority of the playing population.

Congrats to those who do get it as you've certainly got a gem of a ship for the work you've put in.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Take reviews with a grain of salt. The reactions are there to increase viewership

I agree, they mean absolutely nothing as the ship may simply not suit your playstyle. But it's the smoke generation length of time and it's recharge time which concerns me.   

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

No offense intended here, but who actually tests and approves these ships?

As far as i know this ship still in tasting stage...

Get it melo, I'll divvy up with you in my Atlanta =D.

Login yesterday, no luck :(

Beta Tester
908 posts

Unfortunately I do know the calibre of the players playing the Flint which is actually what concerns me the most about it. How many of the testers were of there calibre? Placing a good ship in average hands, makes for an average ship, placing a bad ship in a superb players hands still makes for a superb ship. It's the user who makes the ship, so placing a good ship with exceptional capabilities with a ranked 1 player is simply going to make for an OP ship. Don't forget the average player will not get this ship so you won't get clowns playing her. 

I also know there are ways to counter ships sitting in smoke, (hydro, radar, torps, ETC) but when you have a ship with a long smoke cover time which can quickly recharge within 30 seconds being operated by a player who seriously knows how to play it properly, it simply makes it OP in a game. How many DD's have this sort of smoke screen time and generation ability?  

The only good thing about it is that it'll be as rare as anything to see, as the requirements to get it would be beyond the vast majority of the playing population.

Congrats to those who do get it as you've certainly got a gem of a ship for the work you've put in.

I disagree with what is said about the smoke. Smoke is the USN's advantage in this game. Now the flint may seem OP with it. But its not, any shell that clips the flint can potentially citadel it.

The Atlanta is just that bad and the Flint should be no different. 

I don't even sit in smoke with a DD any more, this is no longer a viable tactic in ranked. You will get torped. Now extend this to a Flint sitting in smoke, there is no room for it to move. It will get torped or shelled to death. The window really doesn't matter, because skilled players will know exactly where the Flint is sitting in that smoke from the gun fire.

Anyway, the video from ichase doesn't really reflect how good / bad the flint will do. Its a tier 5-7 match full of straight sailing noobs without situation awareness of whats happening. I can't wait to actually fight some flints and bring them down. =D

I think its a non issue and its being over dramatised more than it is. No one complains about a fletcher sitting in smoke or a benson.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

As Slam said, you don't sit in the smoke spamming shells, you use it to cover an approach or retreat spamming shells.

And yes, I was one of the testers, had some fantastic games in her, but for the most part, got nailed quick, since Flint is a Mod Atlanta.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Sorry for my poor english :(

It's still lewd funny and relevant tho' :D

Anyhow, apart from Flint's clear advantage over its Gold sister, its still an Atlanta, and the fact that its a one off ship driven by unicums doesn't help either..

Edit: Comma

Edited by Eurobeat