You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

No more nerfs for NC pls :(

50 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

To anyone who hasn't played it, NC is one such awesome ship, especially its AA

But to the ones who had his hands with it for months, nothing is as painful as shooting and not even hitting close to where you aim

Thus shell speed is just... horrific for a BB

And they just decided to nerf normalization >.< yes less normalization also means less penetration

So you got to come close... and you realize Myoko can citadel that thing, HE spammers ofc can grill the ship rapidly

Yeah pls don't nerf NC

181 posts
7,580 battles

Huh? seems odd... Where did you read that changes?

Although I haven't touched mine since 0.5.9. Awesome ship btw :)

Edited by 8knots

189 posts
4,857 battles

Huh? seems odd... Where did you read that changes?

Although I haven't touched mine since 0.5.9. Awesome ship btw :)

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/07/31/wows-new-ap-normalization/

This change affects the following ships:

Nerfs
-Mogami , Yamato (secondary guns), 155mm AP from 8.6° to 7°
-Furutaka, 200mm AP from 8.2° to 7°
-Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, Atago, Ibuki, Zao, 203mm AP from 8.2° to 7°
-Scharnhorst, Nassau , 283mm AP from 8° to 6°
-König Albert, Kaiser, König, Kawachi, Ishizuchi, 305mm AP from 8° to 6°
-New Mexico (Upgraded), 356mm AP from 7.9° to 6°
-North Carolina, Iowa, Montana, 406mm AP from 6.8° to 6° yes man they said NC's normalization is worse

181 posts
7,580 battles

A bit early to speculate and the source might be just sketchy.

Let's just hope it's not final because my guess if the changes are that big usually WG would go for 0.6.0 instead of 0.5.10.

Edit: massive buff for Baltimore and Des Moines which will have normalization value of 7 instead of the current 4.4 (lolwhat :ohmy:)

Edited by 8knots

181 posts
7,580 battles

*Again, it’s from the Chinese source so please take this with a grain of salt in mind*

To me, the change doesn't even seem like WG's doing. Everything looks out of the ordinary.
Edited by 8knots

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not sure where the "no more nerfs please" part keeps coming in, considering NC's seen nothing but buffs in the past few updates. Buffed secondary range, improved armour models, tightened dispersion, etc...

507 posts
9,828 battles

so even if this might not be true..seems like a huge change. no more American Piercing shells huh. That's sad.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Not sure where the "no more nerfs please" part keeps coming in, considering NC's seen nothing but buffs in the past few updates. Buffed secondary range, improved armour models, tightened dispersion, etc...

No, the dispersion is still the same: 293m. They just adjusted the sigma value. However, the NC is still the worst BB in game in terms of accuracy. It is the only tier 8+ BB that is not allowed to use the accuracy module as the Iowa and Montana are, just like the Tirpitz and Amagi are too. So, someone explain to me why WG in their finite wisdom decided to make one of the most accurate BBs in modern naval history, the worst in this game?

205 posts
5,305 battles

No, the dispersion is still the same: 293m. They just adjusted the sigma value. However, the NC is still the worst BB in game in terms of accuracy. It is the only tier 8+ BB that is not allowed to use the accuracy module as the Iowa and Montana are, just like the Tirpitz and Amagi are too. So, someone explain to me why WG in their finite wisdom decided to make one of the most accurate BBs in modern naval history, the worst in this game?

ReasonsTM

295 posts
6,613 battles

balancing reason, in real life american ships are far more accurate than their japanese counterpart due to radar guided fire control while having more AA armaments and better turret traverse, there would be no point playing IJN anymore right?

[KGHSF]
3,212 posts
6,046 battles

I already sold NC for last year and idk what will going bad next, after I was sold PepsiCola because easily citadel and get detected. 

So then these ships as you talking about still not change or nerfed? And sure?:unsure:

Beta Tester
908 posts

Can someone please explain this normalisation value?

What exactly is it? the angle at which the shells can leave your guns? like the variation of it? up to 6 degrees for the largest calibre guns?

How does it affect penerations? or bounces?

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

NOOOOO MY TIER 1SHEEPS

NOOOOO SCHARN NERF AGAIN

Yammy gets even more normalisation -.-

at least my Des Moines gets something... Still range buff plz

Nc is sad now

furrytaco is worse now

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Can someone please explain this normalisation value?

What exactly is it? the angle at which the shells can leave your guns? like the variation of it? up to 6 degrees for the largest calibre guns?

How does it affect penerations? or bounces?

normalization means when a shell hits it digs in and the angle gets closer to 90 degrees
so lets say you hit something at 45 degree and your shell normalization is 5 degree, your angle will be 50 degree
making it easier to pen stuff

189 posts
4,857 battles

2ndary is still useless on US BB (tradition), armor models imrpoved... just less citadels and still HE rain would eat it quickly (at least no more surprises from ultrapen CAs) and dispersion? dude that was sigma buff NOT dispersion

189 posts
4,857 battles

balancing reason, in real life american ships are far more accurate than their japanese counterpart due to radar guided fire control while having more AA armaments and better turret traverse, there would be no point playing IJN anymore right?

YA

MAAA

TOOOOO

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

NC dispersion is seriously sad... combined with slow AF shells and not good at all armour... I couldn't even punish broadside Kutuzov at 12km due to dispersion

575 posts
5,354 battles

ReasonsTM

Right, they'll never answer this one.

So, it is you are saying that the massive dispersion value between the Amagi and the North Carolina is balanced? No it is not. WG in the finite wisdom have failed to bring parity to the game in this regards. They will not change anything to improve the US BB line so that it is more competitive, especially at tier 8 and higher. They can song and dance all they want about balance and other bull scat false narratives all they want. The proof is what they've done to the North Carolina compared to the Amagi. Amagi, a battle cruiser that is a decade or more older than the North Carolina, has better accuracy using iron sights and binoculars compared to the North Carolina with the most advanced fire control radar at the time. Yeah...there is no way the can justify what they've done regardless of the "balance argument" they want to spout. They want to bring the disparity down on dispersion? Allow the North Carolina to use the accuracy module to lower its dispersion from 293 to the same as the Iowa. Otherwise, WG has failed at truly bringing balance in this game where it matters.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Right, they'll never answer this one.

So, it is you are saying that the massive dispersion value between the Amagi and the North Carolina is balanced? No it is not. WG in the finite wisdom have failed to bring parity to the game in this regards. They will not change anything to improve the US BB line so that it is more competitive, especially at tier 8 and higher. They can song and dance all they want about balance and other bull scat false narratives all they want. The proof is what they've done to the North Carolina compared to the Amagi. Amagi, a battle cruiser that is a decade or more older than the North Carolina, has better accuracy using iron sights and binoculars compared to the North Carolina with the most advanced fire control radar at the time. Yeah...there is no way the can justify what they've done regardless of the "balance argument" they want to spout. They want to bring the disparity down on dispersion? Allow the North Carolina to use the accuracy module to lower its dispersion from 293 to the same as the Iowa. Otherwise, WG has failed at truly bringing balance in this game where it matters.

NC has 23.3km range and Amagi has 19.9 so if you extend Amagi's range it will be 265 correction: 292 meters dispersion. Amagi should does (kinda not really) get worse dispersion though since NC has smaller and less guns. But I guess it is to compensate for Amagi's paper armour
Edited by FenrirApalis

265 posts
799 battles

*Again, it’s from the Chinese source so please take this with a grain of salt in mind*

So, it's from the server who released Chieftain MBT in WoLS when other servers only has its raw file so, yeah. I'll hold my card