You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Victoriana

Kirishima voice...

22 comments in this topic

39 posts
4,287 battles

So as recently announced, we get to have two commanders for free as the celebration of anniversary (That's good, now we have 3 Ionas in our port :trollface:) The Kirishima voice is also available during voice selection.

But what frustrate me is why is Kirishima's voice replaced by Iona's? And then it is shown as "Kirishima's" voice? What is the purpose of this? I know it is not a bug because at the bottom of the announcement it clearly stated "Commander Kirishima (Humanoid Form) will play Iona's voice clip while active." But why !?:hmm:

Feel free to share your opinion.

181 posts
7,548 battles

Because her voice is not in the game file yet and it can only be added through the upcoming patch.

I just went through that folder and saw that all the voice files are Iona's.

181 posts
7,548 battles

Just an idea. Maybe copy and paste over with the youtarou voice files? Never tried it, so don't go poking my behind if it doesn't work.  :)

You need to copy the whole "banks" folder (under "res") to the "res_mods" folder. Then you can freely replace any files inside.
Edited by 8knots

227 posts
2,651 battles

Because her voice is not in the game file yet and it can only be added through the upcoming patch.

I just went through that folder and saw that all the voice files are Iona's.

Check Yotaro, that's kirishima voice (all other voices're working)

8GdUHit.png

227 posts
2,651 battles

^^ what I meant.

And Kirishima (human form) plays Iona's voice because of that.

Kirishima voice has been there in game files for many patches, they're just too bored to swap files to proper places. Let me refresh your memory a bit

Because her voice is not in the game file yet and it can only be added through the upcoming patch

181 posts
7,548 battles

Kirishima voice has been there in game files for many patches, they're just too bored to swap files to proper places. Let me refresh your memory a bit

Ah okay :). I've been presuming that the other Kirishima would have a separate voice file that is different from yotaro hence why WG is using Iona's voice as a placeholder.
Edited by 8knots

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

WG will make ARP Takao and in the patch notes it will read: this will be available to all players except MeloMelonSoda of SEA :trollface:

WATTT !!! How dare u taking away my Tsundere Cruiser !!! unacceptable :izmena:!!!

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

227 posts
2,651 battles

WATTT !!! How dare u taking away my Tsundere Cruiser !!! unacceptable :izmena:!!!

Meanwhile, if you really want to enjoy Takao voice (ARP voices in general) on any ship, I would recommend hakaMod over GoldPile package (since I cant choose which voice and any time with GoldPile package): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6aaGrtl2pqgTHp5QUhUTWlVV1k

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

Meanwhile, if you really want to enjoy Takao voice (ARP voices in general) on any ship, I would recommend hakaMod over GoldPile package (since I cant choose which voice and any time with GoldPile package): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6aaGrtl2pqgTHp5QUhUTWlVV1k

I want both of Takao

Takao will come but may be after Haruna and Nachi. There is a chance to get Gunzo too