Bittersteel

Need Improvement

8 comments in this topic

50 posts
4,749 battles

I wanna ask some advice maybe helpful tips on where I can improve starting with my stats http://worldofwarships.asia/en/community/accounts/2013041076-Bittersteel/X_oGxpQdBGPeqbJ6594maAUB3aM/ my main line is IJN BB but I sink alot more ships & earn more exp when playing as CV in my Zuiho

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

try cruisers a bit, you will learn plenty from cruisers as a BB captain

provide me a replay or two so I can see exactly where you need to improve on

Edit: how to enable replays http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6646-how-to-enable-replays-repost-from-beta-section/

Edited by FenrirApalis

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Stats only tell a partial tale. Id initially day you need more dmg the Kongo and Fuso are brutal for this. Though aim for decent dmg at 15k or less. 

BBs are meant to tank and not snipe imho. Go with friendly ships and your guns will cover them. Hardest thing to master is not showing your broadsides. Yes they are all your firepower but its also showing your weak sides. Try and angle to fire all your guns and then move back to prow on.

50 posts
4,749 battles

Stats only tell a partial tale. Id initially day you need more dmg the Kongo and Fuso are brutal for this. Though aim for decent dmg at 15k or less. 

BBs are meant to tank and not snipe imho. Go with friendly ships and your guns will cover them. Hardest thing to master is not showing your broadsides. Yes they are all your firepower but its also showing your weak sides. Try and angle to fire all your guns and then move back to prow on.

thats where I'm struggling when I push a flank after 3-5mins of heavy engagement I see my complement of CA's running away leaving my Fuso taking the brunt of the damage can't even run with 25knots I end up trying to take 1 ship with me before going down my Kill/death ratio reflects my battlefield side I take the objectives regardless dead or alive here I see alot of camping in domination
Edited by Bittersteel

39 posts
4,287 battles

Hmm, if you need some advice regards to battleship, I would recommend you read through this post thoroughly:
http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6896-battleship-guide-my-new-bb-is-performing-wrong-as-expected/

*All credits belong to the respected author.
It got some really good information, so please take some time and digest them slowly.:great:
In addition, it's all about experience. You gain experience as you battle more. That is as far the best way to learn and improve yourself. 
And as other mentioned, don't rush to buff your stats, you'll get there when your skills reached there.
:medal:
Enjoy!

783 posts
4,821 battles

Hmm, if you need some advice regards to battleship, I would recommend you read through this post thoroughly:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6896-battleship-guide-my-new-bb-is-performing-wrong-as-expected/

*All credits belong to the respected author.

It got some really good information, so please take some time and digest them slowly.:great:

In addition, it's all about experience. You gain experience as you battle more. That is as far the best way to learn and improve yourself. 

And as other mentioned, don't rush to buff your stats, you'll get there when your skills reached there.

:medal:

Enjoy!

This pretty much has all you need to know. Syanda and the others pretty much sum it up well.

As for the comparison, CVs only seem to deal more damage per match since they are the most consistent. Dying early in a CV is pretty uncommon anyway unless every enemy is a CV sniper, so doing damage is more often in matches. So comparing BB and CV stats can be pretty deceiving. Just sayin' :medal:

50 posts
4,749 battles

This pretty much has all you need to know. Syanda and the others pretty much sum it up well.

As for the comparison, CVs only seem to deal more damage per match since they are the most consistent. Dying early in a CV is pretty uncommon anyway unless every enemy is a CV sniper, so doing damage is more often in matches. So comparing BB and CV stats can be pretty deceiving. Just sayin' :medal:

Oh God the Nagato is a money drain compared to my Fuso, I bought the Tirpitz to earn a bit more but now I'm only earning 200-300k on Tirp gross income I've set it as a brawler type following eurobeats build/ I earn way lot in my Tirp even on bad games compared to my Nagato( Hull B & Propulsion Upgraded) but on Tier 9 & 10 matches I find myself struggling to close the gap to mid-close range engagement just to even out the odds I'm now starting to wonder if I bought warspite instead =(