Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Victoriana

Damage Control System Modification 2 vs Steering Gears Modification 2

25 comments in this topic

39 posts
4,287 battles

So I generally use Steering Gears Modification 2 on my battleships, until recently I saw an old post with someone suggesting Damage Control System Modification 2 over it. Well, this got me thinking which one of them is more important, while both have their strengths offer to a battleship. Which one of them is more considered more potent to you fellow captains?

Cheers!

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

depending on your play style. acceleration module is an option too. if you like close quarter where you have no choice but to get hit i think damage control module 2 is good. but if you want to stay safe distance then go for either acceleration module or rudder-shift module.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Depends on can you make your ship work without the improved steering, as well as how much HE fires you take.

For my mid tier BB, I take damage control mod, not sure about high tier ones though since I haven't made it there yet, too lazy to grind.

21 posts
705 battles

Battleships usually stay far so i think rudder-shift or accel module but i dont play battleships that much to say that still i find it identical on CV class, since both of the classes is just terrible at turning. Still damage control module sounds good but what is the point if you are just keep getting hit :V so should you just dodge it completely or just take all the damage but lessened (Well..if you tell me torpedoes are just pain in the ass).

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Imho, it's all about the damage a bb can fix. The more repairs you can carry out, the longer you will live.

265 posts
799 battles

This is why people complain about BB players, they don't play their ships right.

I smell another bluelining battleship club member.... :sceptic:

Edited by adnadi

153 posts
3,262 battles

Damage Control Module is better, you will want to reduce the time period you are on fire and able to time the usage of Damage Control Party consumable. Also, you will want to consider your BB captain skills and get vigilance and you will have extra time to steer your way our of the torp waves, or be more aware of the possible torp wall areas and avoid giving broadside at those areas.

I do not find the steering module useful, as a BB, if you are pushing you are committed to it and there is not point trying to make a U-turn and run. Close Quarter combats amongst the islands is not for BB, you will never steer your way out from a close range (2-3km) broadside torps... even if you are turning in anticipation of the torps. 

266 posts
5,135 battles

I still prefer the steering gears mod on my battleships. I took it not for the reason of dodging torps. I took it so I can fire all my guns and then quickly wiggle to severe angle, and wiggle back to fire all my guns again. That way I did not lose any firepower while still maintaining good angle to bounce shells. In a more agile BBs like Tirpitz, I can even make cruiser-like maneuver to juke enemy shots.

Also I have no problem dealing with fires without the damage control mod. Having BoS + premium DCP and heal is more than enough for me.

265 posts
799 battles

I still prefer the steering gears mod on my battleships. I took it not for the reason of dodging torps. I took it so I can fire all my guns and then quickly wiggle to severe angle, and wiggle back to fire all my guns again

Interesting setup.... Will it work on the Fuso? I mean, she can only fire her midship turret by pretty much going broadside, and being caught broadside is the worst thing that could happen to her

266 posts
5,135 battles

Interesting setup.... Will it work on the Fuso? I mean, she can only fire her midship turret by pretty much going broadside, and being caught broadside is the worst thing that could happen to her

From my experience, it actually works best for ships like the Fuso and Amagi, which has many guns facing backwards. It's not that effective for ships like the Yamato or Iowa which guns are concentrated on the front, but having that extra gun on the back is always big help.

265 posts
799 battles

From my experience, it actually works best for ships like the Fuso and Amagi, which has many guns facing backwards. It's not that effective for ships like the Yamato or Iowa which guns are concentrated on the front, but having that extra gun on the back is always big help.

But you said you need bling DCP to make it work. I lack monies :(

perhaps in higher tier ships like the Amagi, I will consider giving her the rudder module

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Steering mod on the BBs. I use it to dodge torpedos or a wick wiggle to line up guns as they rotate. 

From t7 its the premmie repair tool on all ships. BBs i mount flags for extra HP recovery etc. Being able to massive is more critical as there are no captain skills for that other than WASD.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

It depends on the ship and its intended role. Originally, I equipped all my Battleships with Rudder Shift by default but I've since switched most of them over to Damage Control. I kept Rudder Shift on my Arkansas (close-range secondaries build) because it was just too clumsy during brawls. But others like Nagato, Arizona, Fusou; they all seem okay without it. So basically, if a BB doesn't feel like it really needs the faster rudder I'll mount Damage Control.

Warspite is one I'm still not sure about - it's got a workable rudder shift without enhancement but on the other hand it arguably benefits less from Fire/Flood reductions than other battleships due to its fast-cooldown DCP. So either module is more of a nice-to-have deal rather than necessary.

Edited by Unraveler

451 posts
6,946 battles

DCS2. With this and BoS i don't even burn(ha) damage control on my battleships even on 2 fires - the duration gets cut so short that premium repair charges will easily fix the entire damage done.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Looks like no ones likes getting set on fire.

Meanwhile, I'm still using a Nagato with not a single premium consumable on a secondaries build.

Do I get praise?

I don't do that in Colorado (51K HP bulk of dry straw) either, do I win?

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I don't do that in Colorado (51K HP bulk of dry straw) either, do I win?

nope. We don't reward those that jump out of planes with out a parachute! :bajan:

Though without the premmie repair do you find you burn down to often?

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

nope. We don't reward those that jump out of planes with out a parachute! :bajan:

Though without the premmie repair do you find you burn down to often?

I get burnt down to death almost every Colorado game. But I take it for the team. As long as team does well I am happy to do that.

Sign in to follow this