Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Penguin525

Something about the 5v5 competition that sponsored by WG

2 comments in this topic

5 posts
775 battles

Recently, we have joined a competition which held by a facebook group.

We took part in it, and seek for some excitement and enjoyment.

At the time of registration, we see a single elimination with the finals using BO3, so there is no more consideration about the system of the competition.

As a result, the organizers did not put the whole competition system details on our

hands, but successive days before the match, they posted the updated information about the competition follow-up process onto their discussion area without notifying any team. Even when top 6 teams started the match, they still had not explained the method to pick out the finalist. This is very difficult to understand.

Moreover, they announced after the round of 6, there will be a repechage during the round of 6 elimination while there is NO repechage in the following rounds, also the previous round of elimination.

So the whole figure is like

4 teams playing an addition round of elimination

24 teams eliminates to 3 teams throughout 3 rounds

A repechage to make the 4th team out

Round of 4 using single elimination to determine the finalist and the 3rd place match teams.

Where the teams won round of 6 but they still need to compete with one of the losing team without having any advantage.

By this unfairness, we had tried to appeal, negotiate. However, the highest organizer announced the follow up match, same as the process mentioned above the paragragh, which mean our opinions were ignored by the organizer. There is no any reply from the manager and they still take this as a minor problem (or maybe ignore the opinion from 3 winning teams in the final? ) , as they never apologize publicly as an organization.

After that, due to the organizer's action, 3 leaders of the winning teams @ round of 6 decided to give up and forfeit in this competition. Although abstentions were made, the organizer announced "Ban 3 teams to join any of our events forever, due to abstentions reason are not proper."

There is the announcement from the organizer

Description of activities and punishment announcement:

1. Team "Siki", "1st Fleet of The Sun Flag" and "Silver Meteor" will be the Champion, first runner-up and second runner-up respectively, because Team "Goo Goo Goo" , "Rescue Penguin" and "WoWsPMC" abandoned the match.

2.  For the teams which complain about the competition system and caused difficulties on the process, affect the rights and interests of other teams and the organization, these are the punishment after our discussion:

Team "Goo Goo Goo" and "Rescue Penguin", all of their team members are not allowed to join any of the events that designed by our organization forever.

Team "WoWsPMC" had told us that they can’t make a free time to fit in the date of the final match , so we decided to deprive their rights to join our events for 2 times.

3. Every teams have their rights to refuse opponent's postpone, we will adjudge opponent team as a loss. You can also report to the organization of you have some problems, if not, the date of the match will be change as 2 leaders agree.

For the repechage part, we announced that on 6/28 pm22:11 (like the picture showed) and announcement on 7/21 (which is not pinned to top) , there are also some matches going on and we didn’t receive any report about the change of the mechanism.

To be clear, if you have any problems, don’t try to do some actions which affect the  rights and interests of other teams and the organization. If you want more details , search the relevant cases:Taiwan taekwondo abandon tournament and Taiwan eSports team race abandoned for no reason.

4. Thanks for the contestants to participate our event, also everyone's support and advice. Since this event was first held, a lot of negligence were made due to the inexperienced organization, we have to apologize here for bring inconvenience to everyone. We will review and keep improve, for the better activities to everyone in this FaceBook Group, allow me to thank you guy's tolerate and encourage, we will do better because of your support.

Due to Tony's (Manager)personal mistake , 3 final winning team's interests and reputation being exploited , we protested and express our opinions before , how could the organizer described as " abstentions reason are not proper " ?

"For the repechage part , we announced that on 6/28 pm22:11 ( like the picture showed ) and announcement on 7/21 ( which is not pinned top) , there are also some matches going on and we didn’t receive any report about the change of the mechanism."

There was a match on 7/20 and 7/22, while 7/21 has no match.

We asked about the repechage on 7/22 at night, but Tony made some delay, work on it until 7/23 , and he just ignored that in the end. (Tony's private group which invited 3 final teams )

Mainly the chat only consist of the better version which we considered as better while tony shee(manager of the competition) making apologize for NOT explaining the whole competition system to us + not considering our suggestion, which is on 7/23.

"To be clear, if you have any problems, don’t try to do some actions which affect the  rights and interests of other teams and the organization. If you want more details , search the relevant cases:Taiwan taekwondo abandon tournament and Taiwan eSports team race abandoned for no reason."

Put international competition compare to this abstention issue, but the organizer didn’t follow the rules of repechage from international competition. Repechage team could be fight for the final is the main point.

Reiterate again, abstention is our right, no need to be tangle.

Overall, the organization didn’t fulfill their obligation, eventually be ignored and harm to our rights and interests, even we tried our best to cooperate with.

Right here, I hope the organizer could apologize and give us a fair, justice action.

And I hope WG will have some event guideline for the people who want to organize the event, in order to help them.

Lastly, congratulate to the teams from the repechage to get the Champion, first runner-up and second runner-up respectively.

I am afarid posting picture with traditional chinese violate the forum rules, please pm me if u want those pictures.

Edited by Penguin525

Alpha Tester
55 posts
3,445 battles

Well I am one the leader of the team in this tournament, ans I shall say thst the hoster is lack of situation judgment and whatever what is right or wrong. I am sorry that I heard the news about your team, well my team did actually dropped the combat with other team. Fortunately, we had no such circumstance like your team. Anyway, it just an event, all cool mate :p

Sign in to follow this