Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

Sims advice

5 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

After having played about 2k games in WoWS, I decided to buy some premium ships last month.  So far I have been doing pretty well in my Tirpitz, Atago, Blyscawica, and Ishizuchi, but have some issues with the USN DD gameplay, and find it hard to carry a win in my Sims, as compared to the Polish DD, which seems extremely versatile and easy to carry.  Despite the Sims better DPM and WASD hax it seems harder to use.  If there is any advice by seasoned USN captains I would love to hear it.

.Stats for ships.png

Stats for ships.png

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I'm not a USN captain, but the Sims has a powerful, competent meta attached to it that requires the utmost care lest it be the absolute downfall of the team it is currently in. It requires dedication, skill, practice and above all, a heart of valor and vigor that would even the most daring would find absolutely insane. Its superior gunnery allows it to take on its adversarial counterparts with due ease. Its maneuverability would put hummingbirds to shame. Such capabilities would allow it to dominate contested points with ease and successfully push back the enemy menace back down to the deep, blue sea.

Be a total prick to any and all enemy DDs you see.

Beta Tester
913 posts

The Sims is a monster at dogfighting. It has 4 tier 9 destroyer guns, that turns fast and is accurate. If you master the lead on these guns, anything 8-10km is easy meat for you. Each round can do 590 dmg to a DD.

I have taken down Bensons and Udalois 1v1.

You need to get in close and make your shots count. Dont rely on the torps unless they are 5.5km versions.

Put a high level captain in it with health skill to bring it up to 16600hp.

Edited by SlamUez

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

sims is a good CQC DD, keep in close and personal to blyskawica and RU. use your faster gun reload  and turret traverse and pepper them with shells.

equip acceleration module instead of rudder-shift module. uses super breaking technique to dodge torpedoes and shells. above 10km sims is almost impossible to hit because she's too mobile so she's good at harassing larger ship and keeping the attention of enemy while your allies return fire safely.

Sign in to follow this