You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

Dumb question: what's wrong with sharing accounts

27 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

Hi guys

I've read the rules, but it's a long time ago...

So that's why I decide to post this topic... why can't players transfer accounts

I've never shared my account details to anyone, this is really confusing. Thanks for answers in advance.

and please do not leave any irrelevant replies. I'm fed up with such things

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

IDK, i have a friend who are playing warship and after he cant play because of his  school, so he ask his father to play his account for him. now his father are the only one who's playing it because he's busy with other stuff.

maybe it has something to do with other player selling their account for IRL currency?

Edited by yansuki

189 posts
4,857 battles

IDK, i have a friend who are playing warship and after he cant play because of his  school, so he ask his father to play his account for him. now his father are the only one who's playing it because he's busy with other stuff.

maybe it has something to do with other player selling their account for IRL currency?

no idea that's selling or not :P anyway the player is his father.. so I guess it isn't

Against the EULA - to prevent account boosting and account selling.

because devs don't want n00bs in tier 10?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

no idea that's selling or not :P

what you haven't heard of players who create account of a game. lvl it up then sell it to other players? its quite common for RPG games.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Hi guys

I've read the rules, but it's a long time ago...

So that's why I decide to post this topic... why can't players transfer accounts

I've never shared my account details to anyone, this is really confusing. Thanks for answers in advance.

and please do not leave any irrelevant replies. I'm fed up with such things

Account sharing is not illegal. It is allowed, but just not reccommended.

See the following quoted from the rules  http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/forum-66/announcement-14-world-of-warships-game-rules/ :

1.05. Players who decide to be involved with the game acknowledge and agree to these and all other relevant rules and will abide by them regardless of the circumstances. In addition players also agree that these Rules will apply to anyone that is allowed to use their Wargaming.net account or user ID. By allowing another user to use the account, the account owner is personally responsible for all the consequences (including termination of said account) which may result, if the above discussed person violates any of the listed rules at any time. The account owner will not be entitled to a refund of any currency or any form of credit.

I've emphasized the relevant part in red, bold and italic.

What it means is if someone does something stupid with your account which you shared with that person, including violating rules, selling all ships, dismissing all captains etc, you are on your own.. You cant get any refund, you cant get it reinstated, you are left with the results of the actions from the person you shared the account with, whatever they are.

So, to reiterate - Sharing your account with someone is allowed, not illegal, but NOT recommended.

/AALG

Edited by AALG

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

what you haven't heard of players who create account of a game. lvl it up then sell it to other players? its quite common for RPG games.

Account SELLING is illegal. When detected, the account will be permanently banned.

Up to the person who purchased it, to try and get a refund from the seller. WG will not refund anything.

If you read the EULA and Rules, you will see that YOU dont own the account. WG does. You cant sell something you dont own.. Hence when (not if) it is detected, WG takes their property back, from the person who purchased it from a person who wasnt entitled to sell it

Edited by AALG

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Account SELLING is illegal. When detected, the account will be permanently banned.

Up to the person who purchased it, to try and get a refund from the seller. WG will not refund anything.

If you read the EULA and Rules, you will see that YOU dont own the account. WG does. You cant sell something you dont own.. Hence when (not if) it is detected, WG takes their property back, from the person who purchased it from a person who wasnt entitled to sell it

i'm only explaining it to BottleneckedGaming. iirc i saw a post on this forum Few month ago about someone selling their account.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

So all my Ships and Tanks belong to SerB and i have right to only use it and SerB can take it back any time :(

i want an adidas design camouflage for my ship. :teethhappy:

If you read the EULA and Rules, you will see that YOU dont own the account. WG does.

isn't this how communism works? and i am thinking  WG devs are not russian. :teethhappy:

i can't believe i'm paying for a ship that has price equivalent to a full game. if i wanted i can just use my save up money to buy LoTV but i'm still planning to buy Scharnhorst, only to find out that i do not own my account and WG does. ITS RIDICULOUS!

350 posts

i want an adidas design camouflage for my ship. :teethhappy:

isn't this how communism works? and i am thinking  WG devs are not russian. :teethhappy:

i can't believe i'm paying for a ship that has price equivalent to a full game. if i wanted i can just use my save up money to buy LoTV but i'm still planning to buy Scharnhorst, only to find out that i do not own my account and WG does. ITS RIDICULOUS!

If seen another way, office spaces, dormitory rooms, cars, and even condominiums could also be rented and thus could not be sold by the one who rented them to another party as they were not the owner in the first place. That's not communism, that's just business. 

507 posts
9,828 battles

If seen another way, office spaces, dormitory rooms, cars, and even condominiums could also be rented and thus could not be sold by the one who rented them to another party as they were not the owner in the first place. That's not communism, that's just business. 

So we are renting the accounts now? :amazed:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i hope the owner wont confiscate our account when we became a dormant .... many leasing owner do that to people who rent and not paying for a while......

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i hope the owner wont confiscate our account when we became a dormant .... many leasing owner do that to people who rent and not paying for a while......

Oh no

I never pay any premi before

D:

350 posts

I can't say for sure, but I don't think we have a receipt or anything concrete to say otherwise either. To put it another way, we play their game not buy it and then return it if something goes wrong.

I guess this is what differentiates MMO games from console games as the latter have to be bought in order to play and the former just needs to be downloaded and there are exceptions to the rule as well as there are MMOs that need some sort of payment in order to play thus the presence of load cards or something similar. 

I wish that could be true, but dormant accounts may be deleted to free some space for newer accounts as I don't think WG would keep those accounts forever anyway.

Even then, please take my posts with a grain of salt since I myself have some experience in a trading/service business and these posts are the results of said  experiences.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Oh no

I never pay any premi before

D:

then my fate will slightly better than yours :P

I wish that could be true, but dormant accounts may be deleted to free some space for newer accounts as I don't think WG would keep those accounts forever anyway.

Even then, please take my posts with a grain of salt since I myself have some experience in a trading/service business and these posts are the results of said  experiences.

i see, if the server overloaded right..... i wish i can still have those ships in my port forever.....

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

WG don't remove accounts ever.  They stay in the database even if permabanned.

Think of the accounts like a permanent lease.  The account is always assigned to you, however WG retain ownership.

In return (that EULA thingy you clicked through really quickly to get to the pretty sheeps) you agreed to not try and make money out of the account by selling it.  You were also warned that if you share the account (sub-let maybe?) then you are responsible for any actions taken, and you will receive zero support if something goes wrong.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Think of the accounts like a permanent lease.  The account is always assigned to you, however WG retain ownership.

In return (that EULA thingy you clicked through really quickly to get to the pretty sheeps) you agreed to not try and make money out of the account by selling it.  You were also warned that if you share the account (sub-let maybe?) then you are responsible for any actions taken, and you will receive zero support if something goes wrong.

Glad to read this......

thankss

507 posts
9,828 battles

Yea makes sense, they'd lose players who would potentially invest in the game. I wouldn't be happy if someone did that with my game either.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

2.4 Accounts, Gold/Credits, Pre-order & Promotional codes, Leveling services, Begging.

This category includes:

Advertising of, or selling of game accounts.

Advertising of, or selling of in game currency such as gold/credits.

Advertising of, or selling of leveling services.

Advertising of, or selling of promotional codes or pre-order codes.

Begging in any form. Begging includes but is not limited to: requesting users to transfer real money to the virtual wallet, asking for additional gold/credits, and requests to transfer game gold/credits, promotional codes, pre-order codes, or anything similar.

Linking to or promoting websites that contain the above prohibited services.

All types of posts for the sale or promotion of the exchange or transfer of accounts, currency, codes, and other services from one user to another violate the EULA and are prohibited within the forums and game channels.

i kinda wonder if the things i do in the past is a violation to the rules above.

The siituation is:

1. a friend of mine dont have any credit card, so he gave me money (cash andd bank tansfer)  to buy him doublon and premium ship as a gift

2. i sold an invite code for new player from a computer i buy (actually the office where i work for is the one who buy the motherboard). i sold the invitation code to a new player and made him buy me smith (while he get diana, doublon and premium time) and he agree for it

is my past action a breaching of EULA? should i stop doing it?

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Account sharing is not illegal. It is allowed, but just not reccommended.

See the following quoted from the rules  http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/forum-66/announcement-14-world-of-warships-game-rules/ :

I've emphasized the relevant part in red, bold and italic.

What it means is if someone does something stupid with your account which you shared with that person, including violating rules, selling all ships, dismissing all captains etc, you are on your own.. You cant get any refund, you cant get it reinstated, you are left with the results of the actions from the person you shared the account with, whatever they are.

So, to reiterate - Sharing your account with someone is allowed, not illegal, but NOT recommended.

/AALG

In relation to this post I must say I think that 1.05 may have been taken out of context. I suspect that they are reserving the right to remove the account regardless of who was using it, not that they are saying you are allowed to share it...

"1. General Provisions

1.05. Players who decide to be involved with the game acknowledge and agree to these and all other relevant rules and will abide by them regardless of the circumstances. In addition players also agree that these Rules will apply to anyone that is allowed to use their Wargaming.net account or user ID. By allowing another user to use the account, the account owner is personally responsible for all the consequences (including termination of said account) which may result, if the above discussed person violates any of the listed rules at any time. The account owner will not be entitled to a refund of any currency or any form of credit."

because if you share your account surely it is a clear case of someone impersonating you?

"2. Prohibited Uses, restrictions and conditions of use

2.02 Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a Website or other WN official, employee, representative or agent (or an official, employee, representative or agent of WN's affiliates, licensors or licensees), forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;"

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

In relation to this post I must say I think that 1.05 may have been taken out of context. I suspect that they are reserving the right to remove the account regardless of who was using it, not that they are saying you are allowed to share it...

"1. General Provisions

1.05. Players who decide to be involved with the game acknowledge and agree to these and all other relevant rules and will abide by them regardless of the circumstances. In addition players also agree that these Rules will apply to anyone that is allowed to use their Wargaming.net account or user ID. By allowing another user to use the account, the account owner is personally responsible for all the consequences (including termination of said account) which may result, if the above discussed person violates any of the listed rules at any time. The account owner will not be entitled to a refund of any currency or any form of credit."

because if you share your account surely it is a clear case of someone impersonating you?

"2. Prohibited Uses, restrictions and conditions of use

2.02 Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a Website or other WN official, employee, representative or agent (or an official, employee, representative or agent of WN's affiliates, licensors or licensees), forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;"

nope.

1.05 is about account sharing, 2.02 is about impersonating wargaming.net

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

nope.

1.05 is about account sharing, 2.02 is about impersonating wargaming.net

It is..fact? or that is what "any person or entity" means?