You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Fatal Flaw in New German BBs

41 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

The German battleships were shaping up to be fun, interesting additions to the game. Recent news, however, has shed light on an aspect that severely cripples their role in our game:

You have to play the Kolberg again to unlock the branch...

bqZ6dCz.gif

590 posts
2,995 battles

Kolberg's make a satisfying crunch when I broadside them in my T3 BB, had one last night that completely underestimated the power of the t3 bb's ap shells... and what 3 citadels will do to it. :teethhappy: It was even more amusing because It was two kolbergs attacking from both sides.

so to honor the two now very sunken Kolbergs and the salty tears they shed in chat

zd3TsBp.png

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yeah thankful I've already sailed through that floating citadel.

but he's saying you will have to do it again to save some xp to switch to ze german bb tree.

I have a box of tissues on standby.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

but he's saying you will have to do it again to save some xp to switch to ze german bb tree.

I have 50k free XP and another 200k odd to convert :hiding:

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

The German battleships were shaping up to be fun, interesting additions to the game. Recent news, however, has shed light on an aspect that severely cripples their role in our game:

You have to play the Kolberg again to unlock the branch...

bqZ6dCz.gif

Wait.........what

If you have already played this ship and carried on up the tech tree you have to play it again?

783 posts
4,826 battles

Wait.........what

If you have already played this ship and carried on up the tech tree you have to play it again?

Only if you don't have Free EXP for it ^^

331 posts
17,093 battles

if youve played the Kolberg at all you would have the xp to go straight up the  line it should only take a handful of battles.

There are worse ships out there than the Kolberg like the Kransy Krym.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

No problem for me, I'm in the Yorck in that line. My only agony is that to level German BB starting from Nassau aka "German Kawachi" and Kaiser, another Kawachi with less 1 turret.

575 posts
5,354 battles

No I don't. :) I'll never have to use that ship again. I could start off with the Bismarck the moment they release it. :P
Edited by RebelliousYankee

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

Just had a game in the Kolberg today, It's not as good as the St.Louis but It's still a Billion times better than the Karlsruhe which i truly hated. So you only need 3K Exp to get the T3 German BB which is only a few games, should be very easy to handle.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

lol,, i got 5.4k free exp and 4.4k exp in my Kolberg,, want to get Hipper but,, nahh,, ditch her and wait for German and RN BB

Edited by Admiral_Sonoda_Umi

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

No I don't. :) I'll never have to use that ship again. I could start off with the Bismarck the moment they release it. :P

I've got over a million xp ready to convert, but I'd rather play the "wait and see" card, as I have for the last several premium ships which by all reports are meh.

When I hear how good or bad the tier 10 is, I'll either go ze germans, or for Yamato.

Of most interest is how good the upgraded guns on the bismarck will be, as a free to play ship can only be slightly better than the premium one. It's already a dudpitz...I'll laugh hard if bismarck puts it to shame.