You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

Skill point reset ideas and suggestions

12 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

So, I have been asking here and there and reading this and that on how specific captains should be built. I want to take this opportunity to fix some captains skills. I divide my captains in two classes, primary and secondary. Primaries are those that I move to next ship as I unlock the ships. Most of the ships follow same class and nation flavors with only a few exceptions. Secondaries are the captains who come and fill the gaps in previous ships, so basically as I play them the training kinda starts from beginning and ship specific builds are easily possible. So help me figure out the skill builds.

USN CA: Currently at Phoenix, won't keep it. Next Keeper will be Cleveland.

Primary: BFT, EM

Question: Future build?

IJN CA: Currently at Aoba. I might keep it as I go along and put some secondary captain in her. Won't keep Myoko as well since we have those ARP Myoko ships. So next Keeper Mogami.

Primary: BFT, EM, SI.

Question: Do I swap BFT for BoS, and SI for Vigil?

USSR CA: Still at Svietlana, I have no idea what will be next keeper, Just playing along. Have Murmansk and Mikhail.

Primary: BFT, EM, SI

Question: Do I need any correction? Future build?

KM CA:  Still at Kolberg. I have no idea what will be next keeper, Just playing along.

Primary: BoS, EM, SI

Question: What do I change? Future build?

KM BB: Tirpitz. Have primary BB captain in this, which I will move to KM BBs once they are released.

Primary: BFT, EM, Vigil

USN BB: Currently at Colorado. Also kept New Mexico. I will keep them all up to Montana.

Primary: BFT, EM, SI, AFT

Question: Do I swap SI for Vigil? Extra heal can be managed by Premium heal, but with the games be profitable?

New Mex: BFT, EM. Future build?

IJN BB: Currently at Amagi. Also kept Mikasa, Ishizuchi (don't really care), ARP Kongos, Fuso, Nagato (primary captain still in Nagato).

Same setup and same question about future build.

Fuso: BFT, EM, (Should be same as NM, right?)

ARP Kongo: BoS, EM, SI (change needed? probably wont waste doubloon points on these toons)

USN DD: Still at Wicks, No idea about keepers.

Primary: AFT, LS

IJN DD: Still at Wakatake, May be Minekaze is the next keeper.

Primary: BoS, LS, SI, AFT (I think this is all screwed up and I will fix it entirely, suggestions?)

USSR DD: At Gnevny, I will keep it and may be all the next ones.

Primary: BFT, LS, Vigil, AFT

I have read a post that showed CE is not really needed for USSR DDs. Is that correct?

RM DD: Campbeltown (shitty DD)

Primary: BFT, LS. Future build?

IJN CV: Hosho (dont play CV, so not really a concern now)

Primary: BFT, TAE, TE. Future build?

USN CV: none (other than Saipan which I don't play) (not really a concern now).

Saipan: BFT. (Future build?)

Sorry about the long post. Help help!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Regarding Superintendent vs. Premium: At T7, if you do equip both DCP II and Heal II, you usually need to deal at least 100k damage to break even, if you sink. It boils down on how much more damage you can do with premium heal. Unless you are confident you could reliably manage 30k more damage with premium heal than without or you are on a premium account, I won't recommend equipping premium heal to make up for not taking superintendent.

As for ARP Kongou, unless you REALLY need to make a secondary build for her now (not very effective, though I plan to do that on Hiei and Kongou anyway), your skills looks good for me.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Russian CA. I would use vigilance, turning radius is bad so any extra info about incoming torp will help. But high tier, you have repair, SI can help tough. I also prefer DE over AFT. AA is already good.. And since you stuck with 152 until tier 8, your damage will come mostly from fires.

USN DD. Farragut will be your keeper. Go BFT, LS, SI, AFT,CE

USN CV you can go BFT/ERG, TAE, TA (useful when you want to catch ca/dd), ASE, AS

USSR DD. I will still go for SI for any DD, CE helps if you want to cap. AFT is the Most important, other you can choose SE ( to be an actual cruiser) or DE

IJN CV, more or less same as USN

BB.. I asked you about this icy lol

the rest I didn't play them, and I haven't go into high tiers so all this is from my experience in mid-low tiers. 

266 posts
5,135 battles

It's a 0.5.9 captain skills recommendation on  T10 ships and premium ships, but you should be able to use the T10 skills on lower tier ships as well.

His playstyle is pretty similar to mine, so I use mostly similar captain skills, and what I would recommend to you as well.

As for the premium heal, I recently been replaying US battleships line with my EU account. I'm not using any premium time on that account and I can still make over 100-150k profits on average even with premium DCP, repair, and camo up to tier 6. No idea for higher tiers, tho.

223 posts
8,238 battles

So, I have been asking here and there and reading this and that on how specific captains should be built. I want to take this opportunity to fix some captains skills. I divide my captains in two classes, primary and secondary. Primaries are those that I move to next ship as I unlock the ships. Most of the ships follow same class and nation flavors with only a few exceptions. Secondaries are the captains who come and fill the gaps in previous ships, so basically as I play them the training kinda starts from beginning and ship specific builds are easily possible. So help me figure out the skill builds.

USN CA: Currently at Phoenix, won't keep it. Next Keeper will be Cleveland.

Primary: BFT, EM

IJN CA: Currently at Aoba. I might keep it as I go along and put some secondary captain in her. Won't keep Myoko as well since we have those ARP Myoko ships. So next Keeper Mogami.

Primary: BFT, EM, SI.

Question: Do I swap BFT for BoS, and SI for Vigil?

USSR CA: Still at Svietlana, I have no idea what will be next keeper, Just playing along. Have Murmansk and Mikhail.

Primary: BFT, EM, SI

Question: Do I need any correction? Future build?

KM CA:  Still at Kolberg. I have no idea what will be next keeper, Just playing along.

Primary: BoS, EM, SI

Question: What do I change? Future build?

KM BB: Tirpitz. Have primary BB captain in this, which I will move to KM BBs once they are released.

Primary: BFT, EM, Vigil

USN BB: Currently at Colorado. Also kept New Mexico. I will keep them all up to Montana.

Primary: BFT, EM, SI, AFT

Question: Do I swap SI for Vigil? Extra heal can be managed by Premium heal, but with the games be profitable?

New Mex: BFT, EM. Future build?

IJN BB: Currently at Amagi. Also kept Mikasa, Ishizuchi (don't really care), ARP Kongos, Fuso, Nagato (primary captain still in Nagato).

Same setup and same question about future build.

Fuso: BFT, EM, (Should be same as NM, right?)

ARP Kongo: BoS, EM, SI (change needed? probably wont waste doubloon points on these toons)

USN DD: Still at Wicks, No idea about keepers.

Primary: AFT, LS

IJN DD: Still at Wakatake, May be Minekaze is the next keeper.

Primary: BoS, LS, SI, AFT (I think this is all screwed up and I will fix it entirely, suggestions?)

USSR DD: At Gnevny, I will keep it and may be all the next ones.

Primary: BFT, LS, Vigil, AFT

I have read a post that showed CE is not really needed for USSR DDs. Is that correct?

RM DD: Campbeltown (shitty DD)

Primary: BFT, LS. Future build?

IJN CV: Hosho (dont play CV, so not really a concern now)

Primary: BFT, TAE, TE. Future build?

USN CV: none (other than Saipan which I don't play) (not really a concern now).

Saipan: BFT. (Future build?)

Sorry about the long post. Help help!

For the USN BB: I recommend you build in a tanker/brawler way. Which includes Basics of survivability, expert marksman, superintendent/ vigilance (or both if you can), Advanced firing training and finally your choice between Concealment expert and High alert + fire prevention. I got my Montana for quite a while now and since her armor layout has been remodeled, u should have no problem dealing with other BBs at med-close range. 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

For the USN BB: I recommend you build in a tanker/brawler way. Which includes Basics of survivability, expert marksman, superintendent/ vigilance (or both if you can), Advanced firing training and finally your choice between Concealment expert and High alert + fire prevention. I got my Montana for quite a while now and since her armor layout has been remodeled, u should have no problem dealing with other BBs at med-close range. 

Well, I am still at Colorado, and that thing is not a brawler unless up against a Fuso or New Mexico or lower. And USN secondaries are pretty crappy too. On the contrary, USN BBs have great AA, so I will buff that up even more with BFT. And I am running for CE. Montana's armor was fixed from 0.5.8 I think. I have a video on Youtube from test server that shows Montana bouncing almost all the long range Yamato shells.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

It's a 0.5.9 captain skills recommendation on  T10 ships and premium ships, but you should be able to use the T10 skills on lower tier ships as well.

His playstyle is pretty similar to mine, so I use mostly similar captain skills, and what I would recommend to you as well.

As for the premium heal, I recently been replaying US battleships line with my EU account. I'm not using any premium time on that account and I can still make over 100-150k profits on average even with premium DCP, repair, and camo up to tier 6. No idea for higher tiers, tho.

Interesting...Flamu ignored AA on any of his cruisers builds completely. Also his destroyer builds felt like that's what you would do after you reach tier 10, don't think they work well in tier 3 nor that I have that much point.

266 posts
5,135 battles

Interesting...Flamu ignored AA on any of his cruisers builds completely. Also his destroyer builds felt like that's what you would do after you reach tier 10, don't think they work well in tier 3 nor that I have that much point.

Aye, I also ignored AA on most of my cruisers for two reasons. First, I mostly play solo. Second, CVs rarely come to you anyway. As long as you have defensive AA you can make the enemy planes panic even with pitiful AA, and imo that's enough for defensive purposes. If you div often you might consider taking AFT instead of DE though.

As for the DD build, I used his Gearing build in my Nicholas/Farragut and his Shima build in my Kamikaze R and it works like a charm. The only difference is I don't have Torpedo Armament Expertise yet because I still don't have 17 points. For lower tier Russian DDs, you might want to get Expert Marksman because they have sluggish turret traverse, though not really needed. When you get to Udaloi you can respec out of EM and take DE/SE instead.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

As for the DD build, I used his Gearing build in my Nicholas/Farragut and his Shima build in my Kamikaze R and it works like a charm. The only difference is I don't have Torpedo Armament Expertise yet because I still don't have 17 points. For lower tier Russian DDs, you might want to get Expert Marksman because they have sluggish turret traverse, though not really needed. When you get to Udaloi you can respec out of EM and take DE/SE instead.

Yeah, you are right. Problem is I usually play in div, and there is usually a CV in my own div :D So enemy CV presence in guaranteed.

Regardless of this, I am all for the build that helps me to deal greater damage to enemy. So, I think I shall look for DE in IJN, USN and USSR CAs, but can I assume that, DE will be a waste on KM CAs, since they have pathetic HE?

For DDs, I also took EM, I think CE is not something that is a must for USSR. But later I will need some doubloons to respec the perks if I ever have 18 points. For IJN and USN DDs, I am taking AFT for now, later at higher tiers I might respec them later as well. SE seems good on both but only on DDs that go in T10 battles.

For battleships, I am keeping Superintendent. But for CA and DDs, I changed that to Vigilence. I will be using premium smoke I guess. Hope I can make profit.

266 posts
5,135 battles

So, I think I shall look for DE in IJN, USN and USSR CAs, but can I assume that, DE will be a waste on KM CAs, since they have pathetic HE?

Umm... yes and no, I guess. Tier 8, 9, and 10 KM CA actually have decent HE after they've been buffed a few patches ago. Especially on Roon and Hindenburg, because they can have 8.8 secs reload time with the reload module. It's really useful for shooting at DDs and angled BBs.

But if you're good at reading the minimap and can get a position where you can have a lot of broadsides then you won't really need fires. Because with 10-15k volley per 8 seconds even on Yamato, why bother shooting HE? :trollface:

Oh, and it's a bit unrelated but don't bother using defensive AA on KM CAs. German hydro is very, very strong that it's a waste to not use them.

Edited by AsakuraShinji

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Oh, and it's a bit unrelated but don't bother using defensive AA on KM CAs. German hydro is very, very strong that it's a waste to not use them.

Point noted, I am still at tier 3 though.