You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

German secondaries

15 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

okay okay I know how much I post about German BB... I just can't handle the hype okay

now: does anyone know if German BB at tier 8 and above having 7km secondaries is anywhere close to true? Because if it is then I want my Tirpitz secondaries to match that... 4.5km is... Pretty much catapult range

I do appreciate how they all get HE shells, being able to reloably set fires and stuff since at that tier AP wom't pen anything but DD anyways (had my Nagato citadel enemy Shchors before lel)

I might have heard that from a datamined source but I forgot. Plz give us glorious secondaries :3

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

The leaked stats (which could easily change, assuming they're even accurate to begin with) were:

Tier 8 Bismarck: 7km with roughly the same guns as Tirpitz.

Tier 9 Friedrich Der Große: 6km with roughly the same guns as Tirpitz also.

Tier 10 Großer Kurfürst: 6km with extra guns, including upgrading the 105mm types to 128mm types, but not necessarily better (lower fire chance).

Hopefully they'll all have useful secondaries. The current battleships we have are mostly a bit disappointing in that regard.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Bismarck gets über secondaries range to offset its rather mediocre guns.. There's no need to buff Tirpitz's secondaries range even more because it already has torpedoes..

Edited by Eurobeat

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Y tier 9-10 have less range :amazed:

It's probably not that specifically, but more that Bismarck has a special long range on its guns (to balance against Tirpitz and its torpedoes, I assume).

Could also be that the Tier 9 and 10 aren't as brawler-oriented as the rest of the line. We'll just have to wait and see!

Edited by Unraveler

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Here's some (possibly-going-to-change) numbers from the Wiki data. These numbers represent potential damage to a single target on one side of the ship, using all available secondary guns (which means, generally, half of them) and assuming BFT and AFT captain skills. Also assuming the Secondary Range/Dispersion module fitted. Amount of fires is simply the raw fire chance multiplied by the number of rounds fired.

Scharnhorst: 292,000 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 7.2km. 18 fires per minute.

Gneisenau: 237,600 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 7.2km. 8 fires per minute.

Tirpitz: 292,000 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 6.5km. 18 fires per minute.

Bismarck: 292,000 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 10.1km. 18 fires per minute.

Friedrich der Grosse: 292,000 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 10.1km. 18 fires per minute.

Grosser Kurfurst: 257,840 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 10.1km. 9 fires per minute.

For comparison, the mighty secondaries of Montana: 297,000 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 8.6km. 15 fires per minute.

And of course, the old favourite Yamato: 304,920 damage HE, plus 108,900 AP, with a range of 10.1km. 12 fires per minute.

Interesting... Even the Tier 7 Scharnhorst can compete with the current benchmark Tier 10s in Secondary power - and if starting fires is your focus, then it's actually quite superior. You'll want to keep some distance if you see one of these beasts in battle.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Now pointing your cruiser bow to enemy battleship is no longer viable

Edited by Harpoon01