You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Close quarters combat graphics suggestion

8 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Can we have an animation of AA guns firing on the enemy ship when we get super close to brawl? It will do 0 damage, just fireworks and sounds. It would look amazing

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I've the distinctive feeling some guys will use this as grounds to make low-caliber guns into viable short-range defenses.

While I do like seeing the small-caliber guns work, all of their in-game models are pointed at the sky- Permanently. They are fixed rotating models as far as I know.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I've the distinctive feeling some guys will use this as grounds to make low-caliber guns into viable short-range defenses.

While I do like seeing the small-caliber guns work, all of their in-game models are pointed at the sky- Permanently. They are fixed rotating models as far as I know.

well its just like how the DP guns don't point up when shooting planes. Doesn't matter, I just wanna see fireworks!

Although you are right, people might want to say that those guns can do damage. Maybe to DD and nothing else irl because I don't see how the 40mm bofors have any chance of penetratinf BB armour. The only AA guns that might do damage would be the 76mm on the Des Moines since they would actually hurt a little (I actually support the idea of those Des Moines 3inch guns being made into DP:hiding:)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Other players might questioned it. Because normally you don't fire your small caliber AA on enemy ships, because your commander will complain "wasting tax money" or your action is not making good result etc. complaints.