You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ExESGO

Picked up some things from the WoWS Stream

12 comments in this topic

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

I sort of hopped on the Taiwanese stream a bit late, but this was what I was able to pick up from the Q&A with Ivan Moroz.

1. There is no final decision yet whether EXP from other games (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes) will be transferable or shared. Reasoning is that World of Warships is different.

2. Winning a ram is determined by who is bigger. No other details if HP remaining was a factor discussed, etc.

3. German and Russian tree will be ready by this year (they will come out at the same time) and won't be a complete tree yet (some ship lines will be available). British tree will come next year.

4. As of now, there are only 4 classes in the game, but (post-release) these may expand onto other things like aviation cruisers, submarines and more in the future. Submarines are one of the favorite candidates (speculation: probably just mentioned because this is like the 9 millionth time this question was asked).

5. Historical battles will be added later on (it will be based around Co-op), not sure about single player modes.

6. There will be a clans and clan wars in the game, and it will use the Global Map 2.0 map. Clan gameplay is important for Asian community. No date and details cannot be divulged as of yet, but they will try new thing. There will be clan gameplay for smaller clans (speculation: it probably will be similar to Strongholds).

7. The weather system as of now is cosmetic, but there are plans in the future to allow it to affect gameplay (post-release). Things like visibility, accuracy, possible night battles. Experiments are already being tried out. Smoke screen was related to weather, that it is possible to create things (speculation: dynamic weather anyone?)

8. The partnership with Arpeggio is the first experiment with collaborating (for the interest of the Asian market), and it will involve more than just re-skins (speculation: hunt us down style events). If it is successful and they hope it will be, WG is keen to work with other companies on collaborations.

9. Based on results of the Beta Weekend, it may or may not green light Closed Beta testing. Public state will be this year, with the target of first quarter(it can be pushed back depending on the outcome of the current test).

Edit: Detail fixes, added some points answered (things that seemed interesting). Some personal speculation was added.

Edited by ExESGO

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

6. The partnership with Arpeggio is an experiment with the Asian market, and it will involve more than just re-skins.

the re-skins alone were enough. but welp... looking forward to that XD

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I thought KanColle is the mascot for the IJN and most of Arpeggio will be for the rest? Its going to be funny to see fanart of Kotono (lol not you Koto-nee XD) and KanColle Yamato fighting on the bow of the IJN Yamato.

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

I thought KanColle is the mascot for the IJN and most of Arpeggio will be for the rest? Its going to be funny to see fanart of Kotono (lol not you Koto-nee XD) and KanColle Yamato fighting on the bow of the IJN Yamato.

Arpeggio was much universal. Knowing that Allied-based ships were now stepping into the light in the manga series(the HMS Repulse) being the first. While Kancolle would at least cover Axis side.

And that last sentence... Now I shall ask some good artist to make one and get paid:coin:

Lead vs Thanatonium :playing:

@Night Battles

oh hell yes! Japanese crews trained to see through the darkness of the night while US crew going full clicker mode with their radars xD

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I want an Arpeggio Musashi Metal Model for my Yamato. (Togather with Musashi's Fog Pattern)

Night battle !!! Floodlights everywhere.

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

I sort of hopped on the Taiwanese stream a bit late, but this was what I was able to pick up from the Q and A with Ivan Moroz.

1. There is no final decision yet whether EXP from other games (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes) will be transferable or shared. Reasoning is that World of Warships is different.

2. Winning a ram is determined by who is bigger. No other details if HP remaining was a factor discussed, etc.

3. German and Russian tree will be ready by this year (they will come out at the same time) and won't be a complete tree yet (some ship lines will be available). British tree will come next year.

4. As of now, there are only 4 classes in the game, but (post-release) these may expand onto other things like Aviation Cruisers, Submarines and the like in the future. Submarines are one of the favorite candidates.

5. Historical battles will be added later on (it will be based around Co-op), not sure about single player modes.

6. There will be a clans and clan wars in the game, and it will use the Global Map 2.0 map. Clan gameplay is important for Asian community. No date and details cannot be divulged as of yet, but they will try new thing. There will be clan gameplay for smaller clans (speculation: it probably will be similar to Strongholds).

7. The weather system as of now is cosmetic, but there are plans in the future to allow it to affect gameplay (post-release). Things like visibility, accuracy, possible night battles. Experiments are already being tried out. Smoke screen was related to weather, that it is possible to create things (speculation: dynamic weather anyone?)

8. The partnership with Arpeggio is the first experiment with collaborating (for the interest of the Asian market), and it will involve more than just re-skins (speculation: hunt us down style events). If it is successful and they hope it will be, WG is keen to work with other companies on collaborations.

9. Based on results of the Beta Weekend, it may or may not green light Closed Beta testing. Public state will be this year, with the target of first quarter (it can be pushed back depending on the outcome).

Edit: Detail fixes, added some points answered (things that seemed interesting). Some personal speculation was added.

Thank you for you effort to put those info on the forum :great:!. I really hope there will be   someone who will willingly to dedicate some of his time to gather  info about WoWs whether it came from Q&A Streams,forums,and other places  for the WoWs fans as SS (the owner of FTR blog)will  no longer  published info related to WoWs because he dont like it and  he dislike naval games (at least we will see him less butthurting about WoWs :sceptic: ).

Beta Tester
183 posts
5,186 battles

The problem is..... Kadokawa won't allow any kancolle game other than theirs...........

on the other hand.... Arpeggio is not licensed by any game publisher............

so it's possible to make collaboration.............

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

4. As of now, there are only 4 classes in the game, but (post-release) these may expand onto other things like Aviation Cruisers, Submarines and the like in the future. Submarines are one of the favorite candidates.

9. Based on results of the Beta Weekend, it may or may not green light Closed Beta testing. Public state will be this year, with the target of first quarter (it can be pushed back depending on the outcome).

1. I was saving my free exp on WoT for WoWs........nuuuu

2. ---------

3. Why Russian? dafark........German better than Russian...pfft

4. Subs? oh good, at least the depth charges on my DD's aren't useless anymore...also if there are planned Aviation Cruisers? nice.....at least I can see Zuiun's/Saiun's

5.  ---------

6. ---------

7. ooh goodie! problem is, I think my PC cant handle the game anymore welp

8. --------

9. nuuuuuuuuuu.......close beta plox......

:honoring:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

key word in all that is may  .... noting every other communication from WG regarding submarines has been, no, never, not happening, I wouldn't get your hopes up...