You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

New module upgrade idea: Compartmentalization modification mod. 1

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this proposed upgrade?

• Useful and reasonably priced/balanced
    • Needs some number adjustments
    • Should be moved to other slot (specify it in the reply)
    • Nope, I'm not fine with this upgrade at all
  2. 2. After the rebalancing, you think that the change:

• Now balanced
    • Now still too strong
    • Now too weak
  3. 3. The upgrade should be available to:

• Battleships only
    • Battleships and Cruisers
    • All classes of ships

14 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Updates

15 Aug 2016 - Added icon

28 Jun 2016 - Reduced the effect from +50% time to recover from fires/flooding and -35% damage per tick from fires/flooding to +33% time to recover from fires/flooding and -25% damage per tick from fires/flooding.

I have been thinking about how to deal with fires/flooding so I came up with this idea.

Compartmentalization modifications 1

Lp0rcoN.png

- 4th slot upgrade (the same as DCP/Propulsion/Steering mod 1)

- 250k credit price

Effects:

+33% time to recover from fires/flooding

-25% damage per tick from fires/flooding

This upgrade is basically reduces flooding/fires damage per tick, but increases the duration. With this upgrade installed, fires now burn for 80 seconds and floodings will last for 160 seconds for about the same amount of total damage. This might help you stop fires/flooding that occurs when DCP is on cooldown.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

What about +33% to duration/ -25% to tick damage?

Super Tester
802 posts

Interesting idea, but I think most people wanting a build to avoid damage would just take damage control systems mod 2 and run premium consumables. Perhaps it's numbers could be tweaked and have the module moved to slot 5 to give more variety in that slot's selection.

Edited by Counterflak

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

I'd prefer this idea to replace the useless tier 2 "Fire Prevention" skill because that -7% is multiplicative instead of additive.

Perhaps a -20% to fire/flood damage per tick?

I'm keen for the idea, the numbers can be balanced and varied accordingly.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I'd prefer this idea to replace the useless tier 2 "Fire Prevention" skill because that -7% is multiplicative instead of additive.

Perhaps a -20% to fire/flood damage per tick?

I'm keen for the idea, the numbers can be balanced and varied accordingly.

Exactly why I want to reset my Tirpitz commander... I took the useless -7% skill

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

As people suggested the upgrade being too strong, I decided to tone down the effect as shown in the Original post. A poll is created in regards to feedbacks to changes (will be reset on another update).

Since I originally made this upgrade for Battleships, I would also like to see a discussions on the availability of this upgrade (i.e. to BBs only or to all ship classes), or vote on the poll above.

450 posts
7,896 battles

According to naval history, the skill that captains need is "Order the sailors to close all blast doors" or "extremely fast reaction sailors"

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Added icon. (photoshopped from two existing icons)

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

the effect is too powerful compared to the price of the module, should be around 1 or 2 M

There are three options in my mind then:

1. Making this one is the only module that costs 1 Mil credits in the 4th slot upgrade. (Unlikely as wg never priced each upgrades in the same slot differently)
  2. Throw this module in the 5th slot upgrade with 1 Mil credits. (The same as DCS2, Propulsion 2, and Rudder 2; I don't like trading my faster rudder for this)
  3. Throw this module in the 6th slot upgrade with 3 Mil credits.  (Trading concealment/acquisition modules for this seems fine, but this modules will only be available in T8+ which isn't great either)

What do you think is best?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

There are three options in my mind then:

1. Making this one is the only module that costs 1 Mil credits in the 4th slot upgrade. (Unlikely as wg never priced each upgrades in the same slot differently)
  2. Throw this module in the 5th slot upgrade with 1 Mil credits. (The same as DCS2, Propulsion 2, and Rudder 2; I don't like trading my faster rudder for this)
  3. Throw this module in the 6th slot upgrade with 3 Mil credits.  (Trading concealment/acquisition modules for this seems fine, but this modules will only be available in T8+ which isn't great either)

What do you think is best?

3. well it should be much more beneficial for high tier battleship and cruiser, especially the fact that they always get spotted and many torpedoes are either crap or too easy dodge, get spotted early by allied ship or planes