Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunda369

Myoko and Cleveland captain skills?

6 comments in this topic

205 posts
5,305 battles

In light of the recent announcement by WG on their skill reset week-long event, I was thinking of resetting my 14-point Myoko and Cleveland captains.

Would you guys pick BoS or BFT as your first tier skill? Assuming you can only pick one?

I was leaning towards BoS for the Myoko captain (coz her stupid rudder still gets knocked out a lot) and BFT for the Cleveland captain. Myoko choice is to mitigate a long-standing weakness, and the Cleveland to slightly buff her strength.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your opinion. It is much appreciated.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

My Myouko

1. BoS

2. EM

3. Vigiliance

4. Either AFT or DE

5. CE

If going Commando choose JoAT instead of CE

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,614 battles

It's very unlikely to have a tier 5 skill on Myoko.

all my ships dont have level 5 skill, by the time have enough xp will move on next tier and dont play anymore lol

266 posts
5,142 battles

Would you guys pick BoS or BFT as your first tier skill? Assuming you can only pick one?

I have the same opinon as you. I'd rather take BoS than BFT in IJN cruisers. Their AA is mostly useless anyway...

And If you're planning to use the Myoko captain for Ibuki/Zao, I suggest you take EM, Superintendent, and DE for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th skill, then save up the rest for CE when you get to 15 points. Otherwise if you're not planning to get tier 9/10, you can replace Superintendent with Vigilance. Don't bother taking AFT or JoAT.

For Cleveland, you can take BFT + AFT if you want to be an AA platform. But if you're only interested in sinking enemy ships, it's better to use the same Myoko skills I mentioned above.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,499 battles

BFT for the Cleveland, I find with a premium repair that just about makes up for not running BOS.  The Myoko, bit of a coin toss, the AA is okayish, but probably BOS as a 10% buff to what is average AA isn't that much of a boost. I know the OP hasn't asked about higher tier skills, but here is my 2 cents, I really rate vigilence at tier 3, we seem to be back to DD city. Again I run premium consumables which helps make up for the extra consumable superintendent offers. 

4th tier, I'd go DE on both. I respeced my Cleveland captain a while back, dropping AFT. It feels like I only see CVs at tier 6 - 8 about 40% of the time ( if that) And then CVs avoid the Cleveland. DE is a skill you get the benefit of in every game. 

Of course  could be talking out of where the sun don't shine, I am very much a 50.1 % joe average ;)

Sign in to follow this