Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

WG are giving us a Skill point Reset

15 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/producer-message/

Basically they are reducing each skill point to be worth 1 Doubloon and will be giving us 100 free Doubloons to ease the pain. This is pretty good and will help for the captains that weren't going to benefit from BoS.

Commanders!

In regard to the upcoming Commander Skill change, the Global Publishing Producer have provided a special message for all players:

"As mentioned before, previously we’d received feedback that a full skill drop for all commanders had caused many players to have to undertake the boring chore of setting up all their commanders correctly again. We did not want to do that, so we took the middle ground with our decision to drop only certain configurations.

However, to make it as comfortable for all our players as we can, we’ve decided to additionally run a week-long event with the maximum discount on skill redistribution. At this time we cannot technically make dropping skills free (we’ll probably have to fix that), so we’ll also give everyone who logs into the game in that week a small amount of doubloons. That way, those of you who believe their commanders don’t need Basics of Survivability can choose another skill set."

Edited by Bob778_

753 posts
8,965 battles

This is bloody great news and has restored my faith in this game although I just spent the last 3 days grinding my DD's and using a lot of my signal flags to boost the xp gain which could have been used elsewhere I still had one DD with 15 skill points that I was never going to get that extra 1 before the patch.

Well done WG, this shows that you do listen to your players and all their concerns, even the minority that would have been affected in this case.

:honoring:

Edited by Trojan63

435 posts
6,169 battles

Thank you very much WG, a very nice special. And there might be a small window of opportunity for some testing before the special ends. I’ve always wanted to try “Jack Of All Trades” for my BBs.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Very nice. I only had one captain I needed to reset due to the changes but now I'll be thoroughly scrutinising my entire flock of commanders this week. Sad news for them - I hear the re-education process is quite invasive and painful.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

Thank you very much WG, a very nice special. And there might be a small window of opportunity for some testing before the special ends. I’ve always wanted to try “Jack Of All Trades” for my BBs.

Good point - this is a great opportunity for people to play with some different builds at negligible cost. 

The butt hurt on the forums was pretty strong,, I was lucky i only had one highish ( 13 point DD captain) that would have wound up with BOS. But I can understand the pain - this was going to most impact those guys with with 15 + point builds. The sort of players who would be pretty particular about their high level builds.

Well done WG, I think you have surprised everyone with a pretty elegant solution.

Beta Tester
906 posts

Wow this is great hahah, you whiners have caused change withing WG.

Now its worth it to actually move captains around and retrain some captains too, given the 50k max XP ceiling to retrain.

Sign in to follow this