You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cloudimuziq

Introduce the Repair Party consumable to all kind of warships

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
34 posts
996 battles

I don't enjoy continue fighting in a cruiser/destroyer with around 900 HP after being damaged a lot.

If I go back into the battlefield, I can't do anything because I'm usually shot down before being able to do something.

Trying to avoid some shots from enemies isn't enough. Getting hit from 1-2 shell(s) is a normal thing.

Also, aircraft carriers will need them, too. It should save a CV's life when she's being attacked using shells, or when she got away with the first time being attacked, but needs preparation for a second one.

However, the consumable shouldn't restore too much of a ship's HP. That would make it overpowered. Restoring about 15% of a ship's HP would be the best.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I agree, all other ship types should have at least one to use especially considering the amount of damage 1 salvo of AP can do to a ship. IRL all ship types were able at times to repair damage and continue fighting not just BB's which in this game can have multiple repairs.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Considering a ship have logically material and crew to repair

It is possible

Which mean most destroyer and early light cruiser dont have one

Edited by Harpoon01

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

However, the consumable shouldn't restore too much of a ship's HP. That would make it overpowered. Restoring about 15% of a ship's HP would be the best.

better if you just learn2ship with the class/type of ship you are using, and improve on it, rather than spoiling yourself of every ship that has a repair party.........

THAT ONLY RESTORES 15% OMG.............its just a waste....

:honoring:

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

How limited HP is gives value and roles for ships.

High HP + Thick Armor + Repair Party = BB: Meant for sustained engagements close to a cap. This promotes BBs giving supporting fire to cap zones.

Medium HP + Medium Armor + Repair Party (On higher tiers) = CA: Meant to wolfpack with the team because it would not survive well on its own. This promotes CAs to stick with the team.

Low HP + Paper Armor = Destroyers: Best used only in brief skirmishes lest they be blown up.

Repair parties increase the margin for player error which in turn allows deviation from their supposed roles.

No.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i think having tier IX and X a choice in having 1 damage repair in trade of AA defense/engine boost/torpedo reload is nice. +1  superintendent and another +1 for premium consumable for a total of 3 damage repair. i think its going to be very useful for gunboat DD like Russian and american who always in the thick of action.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

maybe give tier 9-10 DD emergency repair that gives you something like 1500 HP back in an instant just like the pokeboat on April fools. They only get 3 max (superintendent and premium) so not too OP

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Might want to consider the changes to the meta in general before agreeing to everything.

This isn't a modding community that would disregard the original aspects of a game simply because they want it some other way.

450 posts
7,896 battles

No way man, the DDs are annoying enough. Giving them repair parties will only increase the frustration. 

I agree with dead_man_walking, maybe also increase the HP that can be recovered in BB, so it won't be as vulnerable to fire. 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

No way man, the DDs are annoying enough. Giving them repair parties will only increase the frustration. 

I agree with dead_man_walking, maybe also increase the HP that can be recovered in BB, so it won't be as vulnerable to fire. 

True, one charge of standard heal (except colorado's) won't be even enough for 1 fire, if you don't have at least 2 of BoS/DCS2/Indian Yankee flag which reduces fire duration.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

44 posts

Maybe on the heavy cruisers. But I kinda like the set up we have when I play a cruiser I just suppoert my BB, would love to have an ability to help them more than just AA and my guns, so instead of repair for light cruisers smoke screen maybe...then when I play my DD I would like to see an ability to drop mines. that no one can see once dropped not even the DD now that would open up a whole new level of gameplay. to do all that though maps would need to be double the size...less crowded with islands...hmmm sounds like a totally different game to me though...

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Maybe on the heavy cruisers. But I kinda like the set up we have when I play a cruiser I just suppoert my BB, would love to have an ability to help them more than just AA and my guns, so instead of repair for light cruisers smoke screen maybe...then when I play my DD I would like to see an ability to drop mines. that no one can see once dropped not even the DD now that would open up a whole new level of gameplay. to do all that though maps would need to be double the size...less crowded with islands...hmmm sounds like a totally different game to me though...

This isn't a modding community that would disregard the original aspects of a game simply because they want it some other way.

Cruisers with smoke.

Wonder what gimmick Kutuzov will have.

Beta Tester
34 posts
996 battles

How limited HP is gives value and roles for ships.

High HP + Thick Armor + Repair Party = BB: Meant for sustained engagements close to a cap. This promotes BBs giving supporting fire to cap zones.

Medium HP + Medium Armor + Repair Party (On higher tiers) = CA: Meant to wolfpack with the team because it would not survive well on its own. This promotes CAs to stick with the team.

Low HP + Paper Armor = Destroyers: Best used only in brief skirmishes lest they be blown up.

Repair parties increase the margin for player error which in turn allows deviation from their supposed roles.

No.

I think this idea should cover up the disadvantages of the HP-based survivability.

No one wants to fight in a ship with ~900HP with a high chance of getting shot (this apply even to destroyers).

Ok, and now about the destroyers: They aren't too annoying. If you don't get too close to them, know well how to avoid getting hit by torpedoes, and shoot accurately, they are most likely to be sunk by you. Some salvos should send them to the bottom of the sea.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I think this idea should cover up the disadvantages of the HP-based survivability.

No one wants to fight in a ship with ~900HP with a high chance of getting shot (this apply even to destroyers).

Ok, and now about the destroyers: They aren't too annoying. If you don't get too close to them, know well how to avoid getting hit by torpedoes, and shoot accurately, they are most likely to be sunk by you. Some salvos should send them to the bottom of the sea.

The idea is that players would play according to the roles their ships are meant to play and fully utilize the capabilities of their ship, while considering the characteristics of their ship class.

A DD, even with 1k HP, is an absolute pain to deal with considering how they can up and vanish on a whim and start capping instead of engaging.

A CA or BB, even with 1k HP, is still a ship capable of shooting entire salvos. Two Half-Dead BBs are better than a full-HP one considering they retain their firepower- The same could be said for CAs.

Minimizing damage taken without compromising performance is the way to go.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Preeeeeetty sure the Repair Party got a nerf applied to it at some stage in 0.4.x (i think) because the amount of HP recovered was OP :D:D:D I'm not sure if that applied to all BBs or just Yamato but I'm not too sure it will be buffed again any time soon.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Preeeeeetty sure the Repair Party got a nerf applied to it at some stage in 0.4.x (i think) because the amount of HP recovered was OP :D:D:D I'm not sure if that applied to all BBs or just Yamato but I'm not too sure it will be buffed again any time soon.

IIRC, only Yamato's heal was nerfed (because the Montana at that time was "severely" underpowered against the Yamato).

[-OSG-]
8 posts

Seeing as how ALL ships can do basic repairs at sea for real, then all ships in game SHOULD be able to do the same. The trick is how to implement it. Now I'm not saying that what I'm about to suggest is the only option, but its a start.

DD's get 1 RP for a combined total max repair of 25% of ships total HP's

CL/CA get 2 RP for a combined total max repair of 50% of ships total HP's

And BB's get 3 RP for a combined total max repair of 75% of ships total HP's

With cool down on the consumable, obviously a ship cant do more that a maximum random rolled 25% repair at any given time.

With the Skippers bonus system all go up by 1 RP.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Seeing as how ALL ships can do basic repairs at sea for real, then all ships in game SHOULD be able to do the same. 

No they are not

Destroyer have fewest crew and material to be able to repair any  possible major damage on the ship

Including

Fire damage (that might kill and destroy the crew and the repair material respectively)

Torpedo hit (can eat a chunk of your hull, how you supposed to repair that?)

This also include Light Cruiser such as Kuma and alike

What they could do is to stop the damage to spread like stop the further flooding and extinguish the fire

Edited by Harpoon01

[-OSG-]
8 posts

Ahh yes they could, we are not talking about major repairs here, that's why its scaled for the ship sizes. Its obvious that BB drivers somehow feel threatened by this idea, all that's being suggested is a LIMITED RP SCALED across all ships. I would NOT expect any ship to get FULL HP's back under any circumstance.

Let go of the fear Luke.....er sorry Harpoon!

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Ahh yes they could, we are not talking about major repairs here, that's why its scaled for the ship sizes. Its obvious that BB drivers somehow feel threatened by this idea, all that's being suggested is a LIMITED RP SCALED across all ships. I would NOT expect any ship to get FULL HP's back under any circumstance.

Let go of the fear Luke.....er sorry Harpoon!

Well the point is

You cant repair heavily damage destroyer on the sea to even 5% health

Edited by Harpoon01

[-OSG-]
8 posts

Really, where the hell do you ppl get such stupid notions from I have no bloody idea!!!

You have first hand experience of this, its exactly 5% - you really really sure of that.....course you bloody well aint, you've never even been ON a bloody DD let alone served on one.

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

DON'T!

Edited by CdreGibs

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Really, where the hell do you ppl get such stupid notions from I have no [content removed] idea!!!

You have first hand experience of this, its exactly 5% - you really really sure of that.....course you bloody well aint, you've never even been ON a bloody DD let alone served on one.

[content removed]

I reckon you've been on one and served on one to make your claims credible, eh?

Modern destroyers don't count.

quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I reckon you've been on one and served on one to make your claims credible, eh?

Modern destroyers don't count.

Served on one does not make his claim credible as well

You should experience the damage as well

Any world war destroyer could not afford being hit by something as big as Battleship guns, even The splash could capsize the most early era Destroyer