You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TedOrg

Getting Pink name by sinking AI teammates in COOP?

19 comments in this topic

[1551]
4 posts
3,940 battles

Hi all I just found that I got pink named after accidentally killing a BOT teammate DD when playing coop battle.:(

I don't think this is fair because honestly the AI SHIPS are usually stupid and, do not play like human players do. Many times I got torpedoed which were fired from my AI teammates when I am in between with its target. AI will fire torpedos and guns NEGLECTING YOUR PRESENCE. And we all know that it is impossible to punish AI for the dumb. 

I don't think it is correct to include the team damage to the AI ships or at least, killing AI teammate ships in COOP mode should be given a much lighter weight in considering punishment.

[1551]
4 posts
3,940 battles

Just because that ship is controlled by AI, doesn't mean you can getaway by killing it... :izmena:

​I do not wish to kill it however it is playing differently than human players. I bet you have seen many times AI DDs run into each other for example.  Are you suggesting human players to change their way of playing, which is superior, to fit the AI stupid battle?

Also, it is not fair that other players killed you and being unpunished, and do the same thing again and again. And here the other players are AIs so naturally they cannot be punished. That's why I say the system is not fair when treating kill AI equal to kill human players.

Edited by TedOrg

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

A team ship is a team ship whether it's captained by a human or bot.

Bottom line, be careful where you put your ship and who you fire at.

It's funny, I play nothing but Co-Op and have never sunk or damaged an allied team mate (either bot or human).

Must be the way you play then.......

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

​I do not wish to kill it however it is playing differently than human players. I bet you have seen many times AI DDs run into each other for example.  Are you suggesting human players to change their way of playing, which is superior, to fit the AI stupid battle?

Also, it is not fair that other players killed you and being unpunished, and do the same thing again and again. And here the other players are AIs so naturally they cannot be punished. That's why I say the system is not fair when treating kill AI equal to kill human players.

I am suggesting that, may be you should not take every comment that seriously. I went pink many times, no big deal.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Having a look at your topic

I thought you're saying "Getting Pink name by sinking All teammates in COOP":teethhappy:

anyway, it's never a good idea to sink a teammate, regardless the teammate is human or not, or whether it's an accident

124 posts

Let's keep this just in case to prevent trolls from ruining Co-op players' game experience without repercussion.

Hey, why we still need justice systems if everybody play nice, right?

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Hi all I just found that I got pink named after accidentally killing a BOT teammate DD when playing coop battle.:(

I don't think this is fair because honestly the AI SHIPS are usually stupid and, do not play like human players do. Many times I got torpedoed which were fired from my AI teammates when I am in between with its target. AI will fire torpedos and guns NEGLECTING YOUR PRESENCE. And we all know that it is impossible to punish AI for the dumb.

I don't think it is correct to include the team damage to the AI ships or at least, killing AI teammate ships in COOP mode should be given a much lighter weight in considering punishment.

I usually take torpedo hits from ally human players, I had a battle just the other day when a human player fired their 6km range torps at a target 12kms away and I was the unfortunate DD player in between the two groups.

Other players will get punished if they do enough damage to allies they just haven't reached the threshold for team damage.

Super Tester
802 posts

​I do not wish to kill it however it is playing differently than human players.

You clearly haven't played that many games then. From what I've seen the AI and path finding in PvE is no different to playing against other players.

350 posts

Sorry for putting my hat into this discussion, but WG is correct in giving pink names for team kills, whether they may be AI or human controlled ships. I myself had gotten into the same position as you about a month ago (killing an allied bot DD at about ten kilometers when I was aiming for an enemy bot about six kilometers from me in a Furutaka), which is my first time as a pinkie.

I got a second one recently for the same mistake (firing torps at an enemy BB bot who dodged using WASD hacks and got a human ally instead), but then again, I think I got past the threshold anyway.

Also, there are times when a bot is actually smarter than a human player (but not these guys above me) and end up getting the top rank in the game.

So my advice is to be careful of what your aiming at and make sure to look at the mini map every once in a while to make sure that no one would be in range of your shells or torps when you fire away.

P.S Even your own human teammates could be a victim or even the perp (hitting you with their shells or torps) because of tunnel vision or just bad aiming. This is usually the case in PVP or Random Battles.

Edited by Sting_Ray_05

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

If you kill a bot and get pink it is usually 4 or 5 games. Just play the damn games and get white again.

Personally, if you get pink, just take your ARP Hiei, and go full pink mode....

415 posts
10,918 battles

The only time I've been pink in a year of playing was caused by a friendly Bot DD deciding to go between 2 Tirpitz dueling at torpedo range ... he was going to take a torp no-matter what and it was just bad luck my torps hit him nanoseconds before the enemy ones ... I was pink for 6 battles ... it would have only been 5 but a couple battles later another AI decided to get between my Brawlspite  (full secondary build Warspite) and the enemy so he got hit by my secondaries and it added another game to my pinkness.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Whilst it may suck that you get pink'd by accidentally hitting bots, i'd use it as good practice to mastering the wasd hack and judging when you should and shouldn't fire.

I do agree with a few of the comments here though, a teammate is a teammate whether they're AI or human, so killing them is still a no no.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

May I ask how you know who is a bot and not.

Bots have :<name>:  

for example :Tirpitz: 

Edited by ADM_dude

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

May I ask how you know who is a bot and not.

Example of one you can kill

:Syanda:

:Dead_Man_Walking;

:Conan:

:amade:

The list continue

Edited by Harpoon01