You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CodingSession

PSA: Please talk more in battles.

41 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

WoWS is a multiplayer game, but why do it feels like I'm playing a single player game whenever I'm in battle? Well, I think I found the reason: it's because everyone is too quiet.

From my experience playing other online games (DOTA2, CS, too many MMORPGs to count, etc.), the battles always feel lively and tense because people actually TALK with each other in those games. Be it talking about strategy, small talking, complimenting, or even insulting and trash-talking. But here? Almost none.

Come on, people. This is a multiplayer game, interaction with other players is one of the most important aspects of it. I want you to talk about tactics, compliment someone who played well even if he's an enemy, talk about weather, your cats, or whatever. Heck, I want you to insult me as harsh as you can if I played badly. Make me feel like I'm playing with living humans instead of cold, emotionless A.I.

tl;dr

Liven up the chat. You're playing a game, not attending a funeral.

414 posts
9,475 battles

Nah, that's why I usually enjoy playing in divs rather than soloing because rarely anybody is talking. Dunno if this is only happen in asia server or not.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Oh, I do that.

Between a very economic exchange of words and the salty profanity you'd see in a MOBA game in an Asian server, I think this is fine.

Plus, a lot of people in my contact list are actually the few talkative ones I find in a battle.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,324 posts

I'm too busy concentrating on the game to be chatting.

If I want to chat, I'll get on the phone.

I also enjoy playing with the cold and emotionless AI.

Edited by EvacuateBowel

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
13,010 battles

Well most players cant understand other languages and lots of players are to scared to say anything in chat cuz the fear of being reported  with bad karma. 

59 posts
4,582 battles

Tbh I'd rather see poi in chat than your usual F3 and F7 spam. Especially when others follow suit, and see all the poi's in chat just for the sake of humor.

Definitely takes away some of the tension, and a constant reminder that this is a game, and it should be fun.

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

I get reported as I talk too much, so now I mainly talk in div chat, or use discords voice chat. Screw ignorant fools. Here.

I do plenty of talking and always no response... Yo WG maybe put a translator ingame?

Same here. and they even get annoyed. I once died and was trying to provide some intel. Then suddenly I got a response "stfu".

Most people just queue up for random button pressing on their free time, probably cant even read/write English. So they think you are shouting at them. They are just here for there own fun. It doesn't matter to them if it ruins your fun. You see them in DD, rush to a cap, kills enemy dd and dies, types in chat "worth it". Me insta report. Its worth for him that he wants to stay at bottom end, not for the team.

A team that coordinates well and communicates well usually wins.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

xpon chat in PvE match, none replied.....xpon is sad...

xpon chat in PvP match, still none replied.....xpon is so sad...

Edited by XP_On

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I'm already busy talking to the voices in my head... and now you want me to talk to other people, too?

so that is why sometimes you shoot your own teaammates? busy talking with your self?

*xpon will try to stay awaay from her from now*

295 posts
6,828 battles

to many people speaking in square language, if everyone could speak in english that would be great

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

so that is why sometimes you shoot your own teaammates? busy talking with your self?

*xpon will try to stay awaay from her from now*

It's okay, I only shoot WG employees and assistants, also Nisa.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Sometimes people just don't give a <censored> about chat, just play the game and hope each individual know what they're doing regardless of mute/language barrier. I, for some reason, tend to be quiet until someone jump the gun. :trollface:

Do you even English, team? Apparently not, cause some countries don't care about English as a global language, sadly.

Edited by HeroOfWind