You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

frustrated with cost t7 and above

45 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,812 battles

Frustrated is one way of putting it guys, i mean does it really have to cost so much to use our tiers 7 and above ships.. I understand its to stop players just playing high Tiers, but i have work and paid good money to get to those ships and i am so frustrated that i cants use them because the cost is just ridiculous..I still use all my tiers from 2 to 7 i dont just look for high tier battles and i suspect so do many others..Do we really needs cost that high to encourage players to play lower tiers???It really feels like we are being punished for achieving those higher tiers?...I just had 3 goes in my t 8 jpn dd cost to me 300,000. I mean really????... I know i will get some stick from community for this post but right now its the one major reason why i am considering just leaving the wow game community and deleting the game.. ps I spend 20 to 30 dollars a month on this game{ new ships flags ect}..I would like to think i have a resonable right to this opinion and i know there have been numerous post about this,but if the only way to get something to change is to keep asking for change then so be it... Cheers be kind lol.....

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

I only play T5-T7, nothing wrong with that. For high tiers, you won't lose money if you play really well (at least up to T9). But spend 20-30$ a month on this? that is insane. How do you spend and where do you spend. Do you use money for XP and Credit etc? In case you do.... you might be doing something wrong.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If you're spending money on premium ships/account, those should alleviate your credit issues... as long as you're not playing too terribly. It's really hard to run out of credits if you regularly use premium ships as well as have premium account on top ot it.

96 posts
3,812 battles

I only play T5-T7, nothing wrong with that. For high tiers, you won't lose money if you play really well (at least up to T9). But spend 20-30$ a month on this? that is insane. How do you spend and where do you spend. Do you use money for XP and Credit etc? In case you do.... you might be doing something wrong.

Most of my money is spent on special ships and on occasion flags premium account level up or change a mod ect And aussie cash rate to american dollar which sucks...Plus all the bells and whistles like a poker machine not much difference this game can be...scary the cash you can spend here and not notice allmost addictive????
Edited by wookielord

96 posts
3,812 battles

If you're spending money on premium ships/account, those should alleviate your credit issues... as long as you're not playing too terribly. It's really hard to run out of credits if you regularly use premium ships as well as have premium account on top ot it.

I dont allways use my premium ships, plus battles dont allways go the way i would like lol some you do well others you just would like to forget lol..cheers

124 posts

I follow game developments, making a good game (seriously WoWS is a good game) is one thing, trying to have players to play as intended is one thing. It's like herding cats.

It's to keep a healthy population on all tiers. Imagine newer players came and find themselves in "ghost town" of lower tiers. This happen quiet often in other MMOs.

If you're losing the fun in WoWS, try find another way you could enjoy WoWS. Failing that, take a nice long break. That's what I'm doing for most part.

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

Well I never used any signals or premium account time. So my income is slow. But again, I have no specific goal here, so I'm not in a hurry.

As for T8, if you play Tirpitz even against bots, you earn 120K-150K credits (after discarding the cost). I will consider using premium time once I get better at the game. Right now it will just be a waste. So, check if you are really doing well and still losing money. Cause losing money is not something that happens much below T9.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

So what is the purpose of making the high tier cost greater than the lower tier?

Simple

Let us say that Yamato Repair is not far greater from Fuso Repair and maintenance

And if you play decently, you can still get at least to cover up the cost from you being destroyed

Other than SEAL CLUBBING

Would you come and play at any tier other than 10?

Being at lowest tier sucks and being at the top tier (or at least equal with the most) is Fun (to rekt anything with tier lower than 10)

Why would I, who spend more than 500 battle of grinding to get my beloved trophy ship at tier 10 that can be always the top tier on the battle, play the lower tier with the chance of getting 2 tier lower from the other?

Edited by Harpoon01

231 posts
3,548 battles

Well I never used any signals or premium account time. So my income is slow. But again, I have no specific goal here, so I'm not in a hurry.

As for T8, if you play Tirpitz even against bots, you earn 120K-150K credits (after discarding the cost). I will consider using premium time once I get better at the game. Right now it will just be a waste. So, check if you are really doing well and still losing money. Cause losing money is not something that happens much below T9.

spot on

Edited by BroOfBrighton

96 posts
3,812 battles

Personaly i dont find low tier ships boring at all.. i luv my russian imperator and many others at tier 4 and 5..My kamakaze my aurora my tachibana my yubari i also have campbeltown dresden and tirpitz.. i like playing them all just wish the expense was not so so so high.. cheers

Beta Tester
927 posts
15,524 battles

If you have a premium account, its hard not to make credits, even getting sunk early.

As long as you do some damage in any ship up to tier 8/9.

I think your spending your money on wrong things. Just sign up to premium and thats it, play some premium ships that you own to make move silver. Don't spend your money on flags, you can make these in the game.

Watch some youtube and get slightly better at the game, watch the credits roll in.

Edited by SlamUez

1,004 posts
11,892 battles

WG is out to make money but still i don't think this way is healthy for the game. Yes, some can keep on buy premium and doubloons but players like me who can't will never bothered with high tier and probably just quit. 

For me now high tier is just not "fun" if cannot afford it.

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

WG is out to make money but still i don't think this way is healthy for the game. Yes, some can keep on buy premium and doubloons but players like me who can't will never bothered with high tier and probably just quit. 

For me now high tier is just not "fun" if cannot afford it.

Tier 5 FTW !!!

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Tier 8 and below is afforable without premium account provided you have a decent level of competence, tier 9-10 you either need premium account or carry like hell every single match

Super Tester
2,725 posts

well the work around is carry more & survive as much as possible. Tier 9 & 10 is really costly if not skilled enough, I admit I rarely play my tier 9 though.

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

I was kicking arse in tier 5, then I thought lets try tier 8 again. So I took my MK, and suddenly T10 mm, first shot I got from Zao lolpenned me from acute angle, I survived the battle with 506 hp, still was able to be #6 on the team. Better than our Yamatos. Lost, but still got 50K credit or so. No prem time no signal.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I was kicking arse in tier 5, then I thought lets try tier 8 again. So I took my MK, and suddenly T10 mm, first shot I got from Zao lolpenned me from acute angle, I survived the battle with 506 hp, still was able to be #6 on the team. Better than our Yamatos. Lost, but still got 50K credit or so. No prem time no signal.

it is almost impossible to lost money on premium ships anyways lel

Super Tester
7,758 posts
8,040 battles

T6 for me the best!!!

T5 can bully others for experienced player :trollface:

What other reasons could there be? We played in a 3 man division with stratmania in Bogue, AquaJet in Kamikaze R, me in Murmansk. Insta meltdown of enemy.

332 posts
17,251 battles

it is possible to lose money on T8 premiums you just have to do terribly bad like getting sunk in the first couple of minutes.

for ordinary Tech tree ships @ T8 if you do 50 k damage roughly and help cap you should be close to break even, even if your team loses.

231 posts
3,548 battles

T5 to T8 is where all the nubs hang , easy money and Exp , T8 -T10 are for rich boys with skills , dont hang there to make cash , unless your sigma ship 

proskills_zpsm2yuhbcc.jpg

proskills2_zps513d8alq.jpg

Edited by BroOfBrighton

231 posts
3,548 battles

Comeon Bro... you completed 2 missions and still only 177K?

yeah i did notice that too mate , my scores dont seem to match my performance in games , its been that way for the last 2-3 days in WG  servers