You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ellinia

About situational awareness compensation in 0.5.9 patch

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
17 posts
6,050 battles

They just posted an announcement about 0.5.9 patch in official website

Announcement

The announcement writed some message about skill reset with situational awareness being incorporated.

If Situational Awareness is the only 1st-tier skill taken by your commander, it will be changed to the Repair skill.
If there is more than one 1st-tier skill taken by your commander, the commander will receive 1 skill point for the now-removed SA skill.

Yes, we all won't get a full skill  reset, they even say that repear skill is popular......

So, they give you this useless skill(I think this skill is only useful on BB) if SA skill is the only 1st-tier skill taken by your commander,

But...

Has WG thought about 18 point skill of commander? They are hard to adjust this "only 1 point" reset from SA skill

Example, those two are my 18 point commanders from Taiho and Zao.

dYcyyjB.jpg

Kq2Po1l.jpg

How can I use the "1 point" reset from SA skill in those commanders?

My Zao commander can only choose "Expert Rear Gunner" skill.

My Taiho commander can only choose "Expert Loader" skill.

I only can choose a completely useless skill or waste a point in those commander

Yeah, they say a lot....

We believe that this approach takes the favorable middle ground for most of our players. It prevents you from having to re-apply skills to a lot of commanders, which is a tedious process that can lead to mistakes and regrets (this was the feedback you gave us after the last full skill drop). At the same time, it acknowledges the current most popular skill builds, which usually utilise the Repair skill in place of Situational Awareness (Repair is the most popular skill after SA, for all classes).

I don't know how many people will believe this reason.

They just need say this I think.

"We want to earn your money for reset skill, or you will waste a point at that"

Edited by Ellinia

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

they should put something there that increases your maximum assured acquisition range instead so at least you have something to master if you dont have anything better to do with that point. Probs still not useful for CV but useful on Zao

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,657 battles

this is how we lose money for this patch and next patch

MY DD dont use that BS, when my ships hit or fire...etc, pop smoke and run and repair consum

That BS is useless for DD

Edited by MatterCore

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,612 battles

this is how we lose money for this patch and next patch

MY DD dont use that BS, when my ships hit or fire...etc, pop smoke and run and repair consum

That BS is useless for DD

hey dear players,

dont like it? no use of the skill? just use doubloons to retrain..give us your money 

[PNN]
Beta Tester
13 posts
6,600 battles

I'm a IJN Destroyer Player.

I want Basic Firing Training, not Repair skill.

It's useless.

WG only want us spend more doubloons.

Use of Red, Reserved for Staff/Moderators only. Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

This change has been known for more then three weeks now, Public Test Patch Notes showed this change, but now we are 3 days out from patch, everyone wants to complain........

Either get your say in early or accept the change.

Beta Tester
8 posts
8,769 battles

hey dear players,

dont like it? no use of the skill? just use doubloons to retrain..give us your money

WG, I don't mind it is no full skill reset, but why don't you reset 1st-tier only?(& can't take upper tier before retake 1st-tier)

or let players can use doubloon reset 1st-tier only

is it so difficult to realize it in game?

Don't dreaming that you can get more money from the players for doubloon skill reset. They would just leave this game when they feel be treated unfairly, like me.

Beta Tester
8 posts
8,769 battles

This change has been known for more then three weeks now, Public Test Patch Notes showed this change, but now we are 3 days out from patch, everyone wants to complain........

We have been informed full skill reset in last announcement

Quoted
(Edited)
Unquoted

Non English, Post Edited, User Warned.
~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
17 posts
6,050 battles

Yeah, it's three weeks.

I think they planed this issue for three weeks.

It was not sure at that time.

I don't want to casually complained....

And it is write this in Traditional Chinese web pages the first time

(Edited)

It is now determined, so now we come to complain....

Non English, Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,657 battles

hey dear players,

You dont stand for DD player

That BS is good for big ship, high HP.

DD is small ship, low HP, and got smoke and ... etc if you are DD player you will know

2 posts
12,760 battles

Yeah... WG you should do something to let user choose their tier 1 skill.

Since resetting captain skill is a paid service, WG should not just pick a somewhat skill to replace a removed skill and shrug their shoulder.

WG's software engineer should be able to take care this part.

If such a money grabbing patch is live, I'll just ragequit, because it means WG will modify captain skill every single minor patch to rip the cash cows.

Alpha Tester
2 posts
9,085 battles

I think I can speak for some DD players.

For me as an example, I got 7 captains for my DDs, most of them got 15+ skill points,and none of them are using BS for tier1 skill.

Is that mean I have to pay $ to reset all my captains of my DDs? Or I'll just waste a useless skill point on BS which I'll never use it on my DDs.

WG you should really consider why everyone wants SA as tier1 skill, instead of BS.

Deciding a skill is very important thing, every player would do this very carefully.

If u really want to change on tier skills, do a reset , and make them more useful, not just force us to accept one skill which half of players wont accept it.

This is not the way to run an OLG.

Especially the reset of skill points let players cost real $ to do it.

This decision is so ridiculous.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

I don't follow what the "Chinese" web pages are saying, I am following what WGHQ is providing to the Asia Server via our portal and patch notes.

Do not post in other languages in the English forum, if you need to quote from them, translate them so theirs know what is being said, post in a link to the original.

783 posts
4,821 battles

I can at least attest to the popularity of BoS as a T1 skill.

I've got cousins who play this game very casually, and all of them run BoS even on DDs. All because compared to the values given by other T1 skills, without thorough knowledge of game mechanics and gameplay as a whole, BoS is the most desirable.

If most of the more casual players think the same, then I can't blame WG for thinking and having data that it is one of the "more" popular T1 skills taken by captains.

2 posts
12,760 battles

I can at least attest to the popularity of BoS as a T1 skill.

I've got cousins who play this game very casually, and all of them run BoS even on DDs. All because compared to the values given by other T1 skills, without thorough knowledge of game mechanics and gameplay as a whole, BoS is the most desirable.

If most of the more casual players think the same, then I can't blame WG for thinking and having data that it is one of the "more" popular T1 skills taken by captains.

Yeah, but not 100% players go BoS.

No matter what skill WG choose, there are always some players suffering undesirable tier 1 skill.

And they must pay to reset captain, what the **** ???

It is ridiculous to replace  SA with another skill instead of making players choose by themselves.

Edited by ab4daa

783 posts
4,821 battles

Yeah, but not 100% players go BoS.

No matter what skill WG choose, there are always some players suffering undesirable tier 1 skill.

And they must pay to reset captain, what the **** ???

It is ridiculous to replace  SA with another skill instead of making players choose by themselves.

Well, it was said it isn't worth the trouble to go for a skill reset, I would garner a guess that it also isn't worth the trouble to mess with game code which requires a T1 captain skill in order to get a T2 captain skill, since you'd be left with an empty first row.

I myself only take BoS on BBs and CVs, but I can understand that they are just being practical with the SA change. To my(and other's) dismay.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

"The "Basics of Survivability" Skill has been chosen based on analysis of the most popular Skills among all Players. Our research has shown that after "Situation Awareness," 60 to 80% of players (depending on the ship and total amount of skill points) choose "Basics of Survivability" at tier I."

I would like to know where WG got this statistic. Right now, WG is basically saying "Everyone else likes to eat disgusting food so you are going to too".

Instead of listening to player complains, they are willing to go through with this which is incredibly stupid. 15 point captains basically have to retrain possibly multiple 15 point captains. I know WG wants to make profits but if you are not going to listen to your players, there won't be anyone to buy your products (especially when you try to shove a/multiple compulsory skill reset down player's throats).

Super Tester
1,310 posts

what is ur most desirable T1 skill?
SA

do u take SA now?

yes

will u got SA at 0.5.9?
yes...

whats wrong?

nothing right?

now for high lvl-ed commander

especially for DD commander with 15 or 16 skill point

what is ur tier 1 skill of choice (the first 1 u take)?
SA

will u get BFT later?
yes

at what lvl?
at 16th skill point

now after 0.5.9. if u have only 15 skill point. when will u get bft?

no choice. i will get it at 16th skill point then

so whats wrong?

nothing right?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I would like to know where WG got this statistic. Right now, WG is basically saying "Everyone else likes to eat disgusting food so you are going to too".

Yes is likes saying "Indonesian Likes to kill themself with Sambal so you are going too"

In the same context

IMHO they should use Survey to determine the preferable skill that player want

1. What type of ship do you play

2. What tier 1 skill other than SA that you would pick

Simple, there is no need for them to go to statistic and says like "Oh, the amount of player who pick 'this skill' is certain percent which is the biggest" and hur dur everyone lose their freaking mind.

1 post
9,372 battles

There WERE complaints when the announcement of PBE came out.

But WG chose to ignore them and went "give me the money to reset your own captain skills ^_^"

Just go and check.

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-059-key-feature/

13 posts
14,259 battles

Why dont just give player 1 free point to let them choose which T1 skill they want.

BS? it works like shit on DDs, no DD player will need that.

Edited by garrote_tw

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Why dont just give player 1 free point to let them choose which T1 skill they want.

BS? it works like shit on DDs, no DD player will need that.

Yes because leaving the tier 1 skill blank wont leave a big work to the programmers, they will do just perfectly fine,    right?

36 posts
13,080 battles

you know what, nobody asked for free SA.

WG just 'assumed' that everyone will like it, then sees an opportunity to reap more monies (from all those frustated player who just wanna get the best setup and be the very best), so.

imho just cancel the free SA and everyone should be happy. or at least nobody get offended.

because you know, everyone will get offended if you take away their right to choose. no matter how fake the 'options' really are.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

what is ur most desirable T1 skill?

SA

do u take SA now?

yes

will u got SA at 0.5.9?

yes...

whats wrong?

nothing right?

now for high lvl-ed commander

especially for DD commander with 15 or 16 skill point

what is ur tier 1 skill of choice (the first 1 u take)?

SA

will u get BFT later?

yes

at what lvl?

at 16th skill point

now after 0.5.9. if u have only 15 skill point. when will u get bft?

no choice. i will get it at 16th skill point then

so whats wrong?

nothing right?

this happen to me, i really wish i can get BFT before i reach 16th point skill..... but i wont complaint if WG decide to replace SA with BS instead of BFT