Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Please dont deliberately make me wait for a game for 6 minutes

10 comments in this topic

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

So for the last few months my Hermelin has been taking a solid 5 minutes each time to get a match. Today I waited 6 minutes 22 seconds (See attached screenie) for a game vs one other player. When I get them it is usually just the two of us, me vs him. So, what, there are ONLY TWO???? players playing your tier 1 games? IF that is the case, then your game is obviously dying. But of course it isn't is it ? What is happening is that when it searches for people in "My Range" (See pointless loading screen that displays number that have NO bearing whatsoever on what you will see in battle), I and only one other person are in "Same range". That's because if you have any experience on the type, it only lets you see people of same level. (Range). Obviously, the intent is to stop newbies coming up against people with experience on the type at lower levels.

Now I get that. There is only one problem. If the intent is to stop seal clubbers increasing their W/R, it doesn't work. When I get a one on one, or two on one, I am almost guaranteed a win. My Herme's range is 10km or so. I would actually stand LESS of a chance playing 15 vs 15, as I haven't got eyes in the back of my head.

What's more, there is an obvious issue with the fact that tier 1 ships are issued with a captain, who gains experience.  What is the point of that? If my Hermelin and other tier 1 captains CAN  get the 20% in gun range at skill level 4, why screw me over?

Either allow all tier 1 ships to see all, or stop playing both sides of the fence and take captains away from tier 1 ships. It gives the false impression that you want people to improve that ship.

Only thing is, and this is why this is posted both in general discussions, and the bug reports sections, is that I actually want to know for sure how the "Range" thing actually works... Moderator? Testers? Is it my captian's skill level, or MY general rating, that makes the game wait for 6 minutes to finds someone. It apparently only occurs in tier 1. When I do tier 2, no wait.

Many of you will simply come back with the typical trolling response of "Don't play tier 1"  but the problem is, dear people, that just like in WoT, that is where a great deal of the fun is. I have little interest in playing tier 8-10 games where it costs me and arm and a leg to play, whilst at the same time managing, incredibly effectively, to drain every last bit of fun out of it. Can someone tell me, for sure, what filter is used on players in tier 1 matches. And does anyone have a solution as to how player can use Hermes and other good tier 1 ships without said wait?

shot-16.07.26_10.05.30-0090a.jpg

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

New players cannot play PvP until after a dozen or so co-op battles.

Co-op only until they reach around T3.

Does that neatly explain things for you?

Or you can just keep playing PvE like well over half of this server.

Nothing wrong with that either.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

People do random things.

It's what makes things less bland.

At one point, you could swear a guy intended to ram you, but alas, it was a feint.

You slap yourself for falling for such a trick and swear that it won't happen again.

A few matches later, it happens again. 

This time you won't fall for it.

See guy looking forward to ram you.

You bravely charge in, thinking he'll pull back at the last second.

You both end up ramming each other.

You fight the urge to facedesk.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

PvE has never been bland.

People don't play it as it has lower xp and credit earnings (which you can negate by buying flags - Thanks again for this months special WG!)

And now they are adding new modes, I guess WG have tuned in to the amount of people playing it.

Random games - Where you have to rely on a team of muppets who together couldn't find there way out of a toilet if you handed them directions and a torch.

By all means play Random battles........

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Random games - Where you have to rely on a team of muppets who together couldn't find there way out of a toilet if you handed them directions and a torch.

There's a swelling sense of pride in leading potatoes to victory.

On another note, they uh, delayed the new PvE assault mode in order to improve bot AI or something.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

There's a swelling sense of pride in leading potatoes to victory.

On another note, they uh, delayed the new PvE assault mode in order to improve bot AI or something.

Too bad that most rants on this forum are due to failings of pride when said potatoes lead you to defeat.

I am looking forward to improved bot AI.

The bot AI during the Alpha test was awesome. They were the most challenging PvE games I've ever played.

Then they nerfed the AI.

Pity.....

Edited by EvacuateBowel

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

You're trying to play tier 1 PvP, which most players won't hang around in, early in the morning on a weekday where people have got jobs or school to go to or haven't woken up so there's only 1k-2k people online.

I think that pretty much explains it.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

I play a lot PvE, I earn credit faster than many PvPers. (But that is only when my captain is in retrain and ship is at stock state).

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Your screenshot took around today of 10am of your local time. That's 8am of Asia server local time.

Definitely you won't find much new players playing weekdays morning, especially tier 1. Factors for that issue are:

- New players are still playing PVE & haven't reached the required account level to play PVP

- These new players have all ready moved on to next tiers where they have access to PVP after gaining enough experience

- You. Waiting for tier 1~2 match.

I won't tell you to "don't play tier 1", what I gonna say is "get out of your comfort zone & move on".

If tier 8~10 battles doesn't suit you, go grinding your mid-tier ships. This issue is easy to solve actually.

Edited by Mingfang47

Sign in to follow this