You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Scharnhorst price

101 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,329 posts
7,130 battles

Gee I dunno - everyone complains we never have flags for sale, they go on sale and everyone still complains ..... :P

WG says before that they won't sell flag because they don't wanted "pay to win elements" in their game...:sceptic:

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,648 battles

WG says before that they won't sell flag because they don't wanted "pay to win elements" in their game...:sceptic:

To be precise

They doesnt want to sell flag that can destroy the balance too much 

[1NATN]
426 posts
13,199 battles

So much salt flying around ... pretty soon our virtual oceans will be so salty ships will still float even when they look like swiss cheese. :facepalm:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,925 battles

So much salt flying around ... pretty soon our virtual oceans will be so salty ships will still float even when they look like swiss cheese. :facepalm:

did someone say they wanted some chese to go with the w(h)ine?

idr7n8.jpg

1,143 posts
4,413 battles

Gee I dunno - everyone complains we never have flags for sale, they go on sale and everyone still complains ..... :P

I wouldn't want to be the one buying the popcorn at WG ASIA marketing,they will be enjoying this immensely I reckon!

403 posts
8,847 battles

Does the scharnhorst flag actually do anything?

And the salt on the EU forums makes the dead sea look drinkable

Edited by 27000ants

1,143 posts
4,413 battles

Does the scharnhorst flag actually do anything?

And the salt on the EU forums makes the dead sea look drinkable

From what I can see its just for show,no benefits.

Alpha Tester
899 posts
3,219 battles

31.5 knots....keeps up with the IJN BB's then.....

Anyone know the main gun reload speed?.

If she moves like an Atlanta, I'm interested, the turret rotation should be fun.

This will be a big seller though. Ze Germans always are, the biggest, according to WG, to their chagrin.

1,143 posts
4,413 battles

If she moves like an Atlanta, I'm interested, the turret rotation should be fun.

This will be a big seller though. Ze Germans always are, the biggest, according to WG, to their chagrin.

Just got it on the NA server a couple of hours ago:

Top speed is 30 knots,seen some other people post about it supposed to being 31.5,not sure what is happening there.

Main gun reload is 20 seconds,and with the Expert Marksman skill 180 degree turn time is 22.8 secs.( You could probably get away without EM,but I don't like any of the other T2 skills).

As for turning,I found it wasn't doing real well,and just checking now I hadn't put the steering mod on ( I was planning to test to see if it needed it after doing a Co_op battle first then add it,but forgot!). It should do well now.

Oh,I left AA alone and got the Secondary upgrade module,its AA is very good even standard,once I get AFT it should kick real butt!

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,648 battles

Just got it on the NA server a couple of hours ago:

Top speed is 30 knots,seen some other people post about it supposed to being 31.5,not sure what is happening there.

Main gun reload is 20 seconds,and with the Expert Marksman skill 180 degree turn time is 22.8 secs.( You could probably get away without EM,but I don't like any of the other T2 skills).

As for turning,I found it wasn't doing real well,and just checking now I hadn't put the steering mod on ( I was planning to test to see if it needed it after doing a Co_op battle first then add it,but forgot!). It should do well now.

Oh,I left AA alone and got the Secondary upgrade module,its AA is very good even standard,once I get AFT it should kick real butt!

Thank you for testing her for us in bed 

Beta Tester
2,329 posts
7,130 battles

at the end of the Day its WG lost not us. Specially on EU server. i heard the rage on ze German side get out of hand. looks like someone on marketing are going to get toast tonight.

Alpha Tester
899 posts
3,219 battles

I just watched some of the jingles review until I couldn't be bothered watching anymore. Saw up to the stats/weapons/performance dissection.

With a low chance of setting fire, and small(er) calibre for AP, fast rudder yet slow turn speed, I'm going to give her a miss.

Just another premium that will suffer heavily under the rng yoke. The worse the dispersion of shot, the smaller the percentages are of a good rng role for damage, or if using HE the chance of setting a fire.

Reminds me too much of the dudpitz.

I'm glad it's one BB I can slowly catch up to in my Atlanta though, they say it's fast, but its not IJN BB fast...Sick of chasing IJN BB's that get away from my tier 7 premium cruiser....:facepalm:

1,143 posts
4,413 battles

I just watched some of the jingles review until I couldn't be bothered watching anymore. Saw up to the stats/weapons/performance dissection.

With a low chance of setting fire, and small(er) calibre for AP, fast rudder yet slow turn speed, I'm going to give her a miss.

Just another premium that will suffer heavily under the rng yoke. The worse the dispersion of shot, the smaller the percentages are of a good rng role for damage, or if using HE the chance of setting a fire.

Reminds me too much of the dudpitz.

I'm glad it's one BB I can slowly catch up to in my Atlanta though, they say it's fast, but its not IJN BB fast...Sick of chasing IJN BB's that get away from my tier 7 premium cruiser....:facepalm:

RNG did smile on me in my third game,used AP on a DD head on and deleted him! AP is similar to Hippers from what I can tell so far,but you are fighting a high dispersion.

Its definitely a typical German ship for this game,you will need to work at it to get the best out of it.I only go to play 5 games,but I like it so far.I'd recommend it for the German ship fans.

Fourth game I got in to deep against a Amgai, Colorado,a DD ,and a Tirpitz slightly further away.Managed to help burn out the Amagi with Secondary fire and get some decent shots on the Colorado before I got sunk from shell fire and torps.  Scharnhorst can definitely tank.

403 posts
8,847 battles

at the end of the Day its WG lost not us. Specially on EU server. i heard the rage on ze German side get out of hand. looks like someone on marketing are going to get toast tonight.

I can read German, I should lurk there more

1 post
5,643 battles

I bought the Scharnhorst a week ago and have played quite a bit on it. In the mean time, there has been an update and WOW have seemed to nerfed the ship. I get nowhere as many citadels  as I did before the update. Given the price, and their tactics I would stay away from it. Seems just an average ship now and not worth the money.

WOW should learn how to make the game more enjoyable and not less, and this entails screwing their customers... They need to learn a lesson.