You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Scharnhorst price

101 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,331 posts
7,130 battles

Will the Scharnhorst be a premium ship or just a regular BB in the German tech tree?

I'm was so impressed by the Scharnhorst in that battle cause the Scharnhorst in my team destroyed 4 enemy ships and he was on top of the battle statistics. Not only that, the enemy Scharnhorst destroyed my Fuso. :)

its a premium ship. that's why we are discussing what why this thread is about what will be the price of this ship when they release it.

Beta Tester
489 posts
8,129 battles

Will the Scharnhorst be a premium ship or just a regular BB in the German tech tree?

I'm was so impressed by the Scharnhorst in that battle cause the Scharnhorst in my team destroyed 4 enemy ships and he was on top of the battle statistics. Not only that, the enemy Scharnhorst destroyed my Fuso. :)

Its a Tier 7 premium - so should have deleted your Fuso

Beta Tester
1,223 posts
9,261 battles

How long does it take to test a ship for goodness sake?

Scharnhorst is a famous, iconic ship and will be very popular among premium ship buyers for a long time to come. That is, unless it turns out to be OP and is permanently removed from sales. Having this ship become "unavailable" to the general playerbase would be a worst-case scenario for Wargaming. So I'd expect they'll edge it towards being slightly underpowered on release, just to be safe - they can always buff it down the track if necessary.

Beta Tester
489 posts
8,129 battles

Scharnhorst is a famous, iconic ship and will be very popular among premium ship buyers for a long time to come. That is, unless it turns out to be OP and is permanently removed from sales. Having this ship become "unavailable" to the general playerbase would be a worst-case scenario for Wargaming. So I'd expect they'll edge it towards being slightly underpowered on release, just to be safe - they can always buff it down the track if necessary.

Yes I understand that, I have a detailed knowledge of the history of the Scharnhorst, having a number of books and also a few hand built and die cast models of it over the years (hence the in game name)

Hopefully not too under powered :izmena: but I also understand the concept of balance - so I wait patiently :popcorn:

Alpha Tester
899 posts
3,219 battles

set price is determined by projected sales, there's an app for that!. 

being ze german and rather a famous vessel, the price will be how do I put it..."above average expectancy".

I learned my lesson with prem ships a few releases back, (to stop buying them).

I am however sniffing around for ze germans.

Don't expect above average performance either upon release to the general public plebs, ze germans have a strong proud history of being heavily nerfed during testing. They murdered the JPZE100 in testing because "dat gun" (17cms) was unmatched at the time.

Then they introduced the British 183....and it WRECKED PLANETS, for MANY patches....

Beta Tester
1,223 posts
9,261 battles

Yes I understand that, I have a detailed knowledge of the history of the Scharnhorst, having a number of books and also a few hand built and die cast models of it over the years (hence the in game name)

Hopefully not too under powered :izmena: but I also understand the concept of balance - so I wait patiently :popcorn:

Yeah, I'll be getting it in any case. Even an underpowered-version Scharnhorst is still going to be better at dealing with enemy cruisers than any other battleship in the game (relative to tier), for instance, so I can't see it ever being outright bad. It's going to be a fun and interesting ship no matter what.

Edit: And it looks cool, which is the most important factor in deciding my port fleet.

Edited by Unraveler

Beta Tester
1,223 posts
9,261 battles

Anything more than "free" is far more than I will pay for a pixel boot.

Being a flamboyant hundredaire affords me the luxury of throwing cash around extravagantly.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Yeah, I'll be getting it in any case. Even an underpowered-version Scharnhorst is still going to be better at dealing with enemy cruisers than any other battleship in the game (relative to tier), for instance, so I can't see it ever being outright bad. It's going to be a fun and interesting ship no matter what.

Edit: And it looks cool, which is the most important factor in deciding my port fleet.

Underpowered? Meh I wouldn't like that.. But damnit I want an oversized destroyer

*dont nerf it again pls*

435 posts
6,226 battles

You all know that the Scharnhorst is not listed in the 5.9 update

Ship Testing

The following ships are now available in the game client for testing by developers and supertesters: Nassau, Kaiser, König Albert, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst, and Dunkerque...

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Beta Tester
2,331 posts
7,130 battles

You all know that the Scharnhorst is not listed in the 5.9 update

Ship Testing

The following ships are now available in the game client for testing by developers and supertesters: Nassau, Kaiser, König Albert, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst, and Dunkerque...

because she will not release along with the patch. they are still testing her, she will probably available next week or probably a bit later. iirc WG cycle premium ship/item every tuesday on this server?

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

iirc WG cycle premium ship/item every tuesday on this server?

Correct, Tuesday's at 1300 (UTC+8) is the usual premium cycle

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
259 posts
15,553 battles

I suppose you can always sail about in the Gneisenau if the Scharnhorst is too expensive.

Wonder how many Scharnhorst/Gneisenau/Hipper(or Prinze Eugen) divs we'll see in the future ?

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

extra comment: I hope Gneisenau gets premium camo, as well as Bismarck because I wanna keep them!

What are the ships that get permanent premium camo right now? New York, Iowa, Cleveland. Any other else?

1,859 posts
5,801 battles

What are the ships that get permanent premium camo right now? New York, Iowa, Cleveland. Any other else?

Myokō, Hatsuharu, New Orleans, Fletcher, Tashkent and a few others I think