You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Claydo34

R.A.N ships in WoWs

29 comments in this topic

8 posts
781 battles

this is just an idea but i've been through the list of ships in the R.A.N and i think this might be possible:

i HMAS Culgoa-frigate

ii HMAS Psyche-cruiser, HMAS Tasmania destroyer 

iii HMAS Encounter-cruiser, HMAS Waterhen-destroyer

iv HMAS Adelaide-cruiser , HMAS Stuart-destroyer

v HMAS Sydney-cruiser, HMAS Quickmatch-destroyer

vi HMAS Shropshire-cruiser, HMAS Baatan-destroyer

vii HMAS Sydney-carrier, HMAS nepal

viii HMAS Melbourne-carrier, HMAS vampire

ix if some could fill in this gap that would be great

x HMAS Anzac-destroyer

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

HMAS Anzac would not be a viable choice as she is a modern ship (Unless you meant the Battle Class Destroyer).

I think the R.A.N line is rather limited, as most of the ships were hand me downs from the R.N.

It would be good to see the WW2 cruisers like HMAS Sydney and HMAS Australia among them.

We shall see.

56 posts
4 battles

I kinda see specific RAN and RCN ships as being premiums of the RN tree, nothing separate due to limited numbers of classes that already won't be covered by the RN tree as mentioned above.

eg: HMCS Haida, HMAS Vampire, etc...

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

First problem - our ships were RN classes

Second problem - The RAN flew the British Ensign till well after WWII, so our ships would be indistinguishable from the RN lines anyway.

And the Red Kangaroo was not officially adopted for use until after 1970, although there are photos showing it in use earlier.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

WoWs currently doesn't have RN ships, how much more for the Royal Australian ones? :teethhappy:

well if impatient, its either some could be implemented as prem...............but if WG plans for the RAN to have its own line, it can be veeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy soooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn

:honoring:

[PEEDZ]
20 posts
5,700 battles

RAN ships are perfect for premiums.

WG will wait til making the RN, easy re-skin and sell them to a nation obligated by buy them... profit :trollface:

Works for Canada and NZ too

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

Although most of the Commonwealth countries could probably field a Paper fleet every bit as real as the Russian fleet that we have.

8 posts
781 battles

The thing is wargaming have done things like this in world of tanks and warplanes with the Chinese lines were there just filled with Russian japenese and American tanks and planes

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Well first of all as other players are happy to point out this is a arcade game and not a simulator. 

2nd they have yo lang etc which are reskin ships of American and Russian and both of them ships fly there national Ensigns. 

3rd there are a lot of paper ships in this game as it is,  so reskin RN ships for the RAN wouldn't matter at all and it shouldnt matter if they used the RAN Ensign for them as well as this is a arcade game not a simulator.

And 4th they sould be able to do a world navy tech tree for all the other navy's in the world like aus, nz, can, turky, and other smaller nations to get a full tech tree of ships.

So i cant see why they cant do that at some point and im sure players from other countrys would b happy to see there nstions ships with national Ensigns in a world navy tech tree

Edited by yobbo1972

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Well first of all as other players are happy to point out this is a arcade game and not a simulator. 

2nd they have yo lang etc which are reskin ships of American and Russian and both of them ships fly there national Ensigns. 

3rd there are a lot of paper ships in this game as it is,  so reskin RN ships for the RAN wouldn't matter at all and it shouldnt matter if they used the RAN Ensign for them as well as this is a arcade game not a simulator.

And 4th they sould be able to do a world navy tech tree for all the other navy's in the world like aus, nz, can, turky, and other smaller nations to get a full tech tree of ships.

So i cant see why they cant do that at some point and im sure players from other countrys would b happy to see there nstions ships with national Ensigns in a world navy tech tree

so basically premiums after the original has been released, which I'm pretty sure, that's what Leng said......

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

so basically premiums after the original has been released, which I'm pretty sure, that's what Leng said......

Furthermore to dmw, as leng said above, the current White Ensign used by the RAN was only adopted in 1967 before that we flew the British White Ensign in WWII, which is in game already. Therefore the correct ensign is being used already for the RAN in game, I don't see any reason to implement the AWE.

Edited by ADM_dude

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Furthermore to dmw, as leng said above, the current White Ensign used by the RAN was only adopted in 1967 before that we flew the British White Ensign in WWII, which is in game already. Therefore the correct ensign is being used already for the RAN in game, I don't see any reason to implement the AWE.

agreed - historically it would be preferable/more accurate to use the RN Ensign.

for gameplay/differentiating the commonwealth ships from their big momma, then the use of an alternative would work.

As for the AWE, I'm pretty sure you have to have Dept of Defence approval to use it, which may preclude it being included in a game.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Ok true. But having a world navy tech tree would increase the interest in the game will it not? 

Those 2 premium ships where released as a cash grab by wg to increase the exposer of the game in that market area.

But im sure WG have spent many hrs working out a time line to what and when they want to release ships etc. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Ok true. But having a world navy tech tree would increase the interest in the game will it not? 

Those 2 premium ships where released as a cash grab by wg to increase the exposer of the game in that market area.

But im sure WG have spent many hrs working out a time line to what and when they want to release ships etc. 

personally I'd love to see a separate RAN tree, but I'm also realistic lol.

the realistic options are (and these are my personally prefered order but the last is the more likely)

1.  Premiums attached to the RN tree

2.  Premiums in a Commonwealth Tree 

3.  Premiums in the Pan-Asia tree that already exists 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Agreed. But would be nice to see a world tech tree as there are so many different ships that could easily fit in it. But who knows with WG .

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I'm going off the precedent already set.  As they've already started with national/regional trees I don't think they would amalgamate those trees.  (Polish and Pan-Asia)

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Yeah they can stay as premium ships  etc but it wouldnt be hard to make a world tech tree. WG are meant to be smart ppl and to make changes like that would only be small. 

But who knows. 

Its a chance to add another full tech tree as they wouldnt have to use so many paper ships either to do it. 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

The tiers look good but I think a battle class destroyer at tier 10 is probably under tiered.

I'm thinking tier 9 at best.

Edited by EvacuateBowel