You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

Reworking on base/cap zone attack/defense rewards

Reworking options  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which option you like the most

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Nope, leave the gameplay as it is.

6 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,928 battles

Apparently, the only way to earn "Defended base" reward is to hit the enemy ships when they have a capture points. Therefore, if some of your allied ships are inside the cap zone with the enemies, they would not be able to earn the reward because the enemies will not generate any point (beside the capture points the enemies have before the friendly ships enter the cap). Or, if you are in a lone BB sitting in your base trying to prevent an enemy DD from taking it (Standard Battle), you are pretty much risking yourself getting torped to death for ZERO rewards (if that dd is not dumb enough to reveal itself).

Therefore, I would suggest 2 options to improve the attacking/defending mechanics:

Option 1: For every 10 seconds you stay in the contested cap zone (the ones in diamond shape) you earn a small exp/credit bonus

Option 2: For every second the enemy ships are in the friendly base and there are friendly ships in it, the capture point that would otherwise been award to the capturing enemy ships will be divided and awarded to the friendly ships inside the cap zone instead.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If I'm not mistaken, you already do earn reward for "blocking" a cap by sitting inside it while the enemy is also on it. This was implemented a long time ago. Not sure the exact details are though.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

If I'm not mistaken, you already do earn reward for "blocking" a cap by sitting inside it while the enemy is also on it. This was implemented a long time ago. Not sure the exact details are though.

I heard that too, but it would be nice if they add ribbons in for it so we know we are actually getting something. Maybe a ribbon for every 10-15 second of capped point contest, a different ribbon for contesting the enemy's capture process. (domination) for standard battles you get a different ribbon for contesting own cap from enemy, maybe every 20 seconds. Also capping the enemy base should give more XP than regular capture in domination

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Since the suggestion is already implemented in some way, the only thing we need are ribbons to show for it, then?

you get one it's called victory :hiding: