You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

What is the most useless module upgrade you have seen?

18 comments in this topic

163 posts
7,901 battles

I agree, same torp with 65 kts instead of 64.  No damage or range upgrade and if the torpedo had a different detection range well that would be completely moot.

At least it's optional :-)  I always thought it was a mistake/bugged.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

probs Hashidate gun upgrade lol, you will be up to chikuma before you need that upgrade (made like 1.5k XP in first game in Hashidate in third account, game somehow let me play random instead of coop lel. Also 20k dmg in Hashidate is not bad right) (in a tier 3 game)

Edited by FenrirApalis

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

probs Hashidate gun upgrade lol, you will be up to chikuma before you need that upgrade (made like 1.5k XP in first game in Hashidate in third account, game somehow let me play random instead of coop lel. Also 20k dmg in Hashidate is not bad right) (in a tier 3 game)

Not bad at all :3

403 posts
8,180 battles

Fubuki C hull. You lose a turret for more health and better AA, but if you are using an IJN DD you should know by now that AA is useless and relying on health is doing it wrong.

I have not bought the C Hull because it does not seem worth the 1.4 Mil credits, unless it gives some torpedo reload speed bonus.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Fubuki C hull. You lose a turret for more health and better AA, but if you are using an IJN DD you should know by now that AA is useless and relying on health is doing it wrong.

I have not bought the C Hull because it does not seem worth the 1.4 Mil credits, unless it gives some torpedo reload speed bonus.

Well, at least it gives you something... Gnevny's torp module increases speed by 1knot. And that's 4 km torp.

783 posts
4,810 battles

Well, at least it gives you something... Gnevny's torp module increases speed by 1knot. And that's 4 km torp.

It is kind of ironic that the Fubuki C hull's only good thing is Health. The Fubuki gun is a DP gun that has a good AA value and losing one of it makes the AA bonus practically negligible. I do agree with the Gnevny torp module being the worst module upgrade.

412 posts
9,228 battles

Either Mahan C hull (why deleting 1 gun for not-so great AA?) or Sims torpedo (lolspeed and tickly damage)

Also all that upgrades on T1 ships, unless you are a total seal-clubber :trollface:

69 posts
8,828 battles

I agree, same torp with 65 kts instead of 64.  No damage or range upgrade and if the torpedo had a different detection range well that would be completely moot.

At least it's optional :-)  I always thought it was a mistake/bugged.

regard to tier one ship, Hermlin has very strong AA  defense which will never be used

331 posts
17,063 battles

Her is an upgrade that gives absolutely nothing

The Clemson's 102 mm/50 mk 14 main battery upgrade  gives you nothing on the mk 12 version of the gun

the Cleveland gun turrets you choose between better turret turning or better fire rate

As does the New Orleans main turrets even funnier is that they have the same  name

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Minekaze FCS

Puny 7 km while Mutsuki and Isokaze have 10 km range

Mutsuki last hull

Fubuki last hull

(Probably) Kagerou 20 km torp

403 posts
8,180 battles

Her is an upgrade that gives absolutely nothing

The Clemson's 102 mm/50 mk 14 main battery upgrade  gives you nothing on the mk 12 version of the gun

the Cleveland gun turrets you choose between better turret turning or better fire rate

As does the New Orleans main turrets even funnier is that they have the same  name

Our very own eurobeat begs to differ

1 minute in

Edited by 27000ants

563 posts
4,686 battles

Clemson's upgrade value are incorrect. That is a good module.

It fools me tough.. I grind her with 3 broadside guns (I have bft, so the artillery stats don't even increase) I think it's one of those useless module.. Keeps the xp and go on to Nicholas. Then I saw how to clemson. Yes, I totally regret it

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

It fools me tough.. I grind her with 3 broadside guns (I have bft, so the artillery stats don't even increase) I think it's one of those useless module.. Keeps the xp and go on to Nicholas. Then I saw how to clemson. Yes, I totally regret it

Clemson's upgrade value are incorrect. That is a good module.

Clemson very good, and I passed her very fast than any other DD

13735698_1089629994454350_36965364324617

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,475 battles

This goes to IJNDD C hull as explained above.

They should add a 'proper' B hull like their USN counterpart.

331 posts
17,063 battles

Worked out what was going on with the clemson the mk 14 mounts are 2 guns per mount versus 1 for the mk 12s

funny what you miss sometimes:fishpalm: