Drunk_Thug

Help with Aircraft carriers

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
15 posts
375 battles

Hi all i don't play this game much but i have unlocked tier 5 USA carrier and have upgraded planes and added mods to improve my fighters. My issue is i have 2 squadrons of fighters that just get blown in less then 1 second(yes it was 1 second!) by 1 enemy squadron! it has happened several times! how is this possible or is it a bug in the game?

18 posts
7,119 battles

Its happened to me as well. Several times the enemy squadron has not even engaged just passed by and I lost half my squadron of fighters.

Edited by DennisJP

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

It's Strafing and you can perform this by holding CTRL  just like Manual Torpedo bombers. =)

I thought it was alt, but I can't remember since I barely play CV

Its fun seeing people get strafed tho :hiding:

333 posts
17,263 battles

its hold down Alt to get the manual drop for torp and dive bombers as well as the fighter strafe unless you've changed it :coin:

1 post
9,242 battles

Your fighters got strafed.

Avoid blobbing your planes. They're prone to getting wiped out when an enemy fighter squad starts to strafe.

Whats 'blobbing'.?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Whats 'blobbing'.?

he means grouping aircraft in one huge group or blob, to prevent them from being taken out at the same time.

also before the game start, check battleship AA stats' if its higher than your CV AA then don't go near that battleship.

Edited by yansuki