Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stein_Grenadier

Magazine Upgrade: Anti Detonation

26 comments in this topic

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

So how many of you guys picked this rather than a regular incapacitation-resistant upgrade?

-70% looks like a great number, but when the detonation value is in a single digit(Or so I think *Tin foil hat on*), wouldn't it be making a rarity even more of a rarity; That it would be redundant for preparing for something with no certainty?

I know I exclusively put them on destroyers under the belief that the torpedoes make them volatile, how about everyone else?

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Before it was boom as soon as magazine is hit, now, once the magazine is hit, WG will roll a dice and decide whether you need to visit the port or not. Otherwise you will probably receive just a citadel damage, which means in a DD you are semi dead either way.

783 posts
4,808 battles

I still take the main gun upgrade since a detonation still has a consolation of flags. That and no one can blame me for dying when it happens.

Had one game in my Fubuki where I had 100 HP left but then I still got detonated. Lucky~

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i don't see the merit of this anti detonation upgrade at all.

not only you detonation rarely happens, it also give flag that can be use for high tier DD, rank battles and team battles.

is also sacrifice HP and - disable chance of main armament and torpedo, an upgrade that are very useful for DD's and CA's.

i uses main armament mod+torpedo reload mod in my fletcher and it drastically improve the performance of my flechet.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I dont take this module at all, ever.

Either the main gun, or secondaries if the vessel is built as an AA/secondary beast with no torpedos.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

May be WG offered this module because in future they will buff detonation chance (some may call this a nerf, but it is still an exciting and fun game mechanics !!!)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

May be WG offered this module because in future they will buff detonation chance (some may call this a nerf, but it is still an exciting and fun game mechanics !!!)

and coincidentally, they also start selling anti detonation flag and such... we better not give them any funny idea. :hiding:

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Why can't they tell us the default detonation chance? They added in torpedo protection as a visible stat, why not detonation chances?

Is it the same for every ship?

Is it different for every ship?

Is it actually not RNG and requires a guy to hit a very specific part of the ship?

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

I don`t think dettonation chance is same for every ship.

My Khaba blows up much more often than Shima or Gearing.

And the upgrade is not worth -2000HP on your turrets.

163 posts
7,901 battles

I have them all on the IJN DD line (from Iso to Hatsu, almost at Fubiki).  But I have the armaments mod instead on Mahan, Ognevoi and the premiums Błyskawica and Anshan since I need those guns.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I think you will find the reasoning is you can only get the flags by detonation (unless on sale), so if you have no flags, and you do not want to go click boom, you can fit the module.

Personally, I have over 100 det flags, and have only run them on 2 ships, so the module seems to be a waste for me.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

I do feel that detonation is the most frustrating mechanic in this game.

Its wrong to completely shut down a player by a dice roll.

Why did they put  so much RNG on top of RNG in WoWs?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Frustrating and underwhelming.. Even when you got detonated your ship doesn't blew up in a spectacular fashion ala Hood/Yamato/Arizona..

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

The shot accuracy(Including dive bombing), along with DoT chances and plane HP is RNG, everything else isn't. Torpedoes have consistent patterns, shots at specific angles are guaranteed to penetrate (Unless there's a module like an AA gun in the way), damage and penetration are consistent with the angles presented, etc.

Compared to WoT where an angle has an additional RNG layer that may make a shot bounce for no reason, as well as penetration value RNG, WoWS is far less frustrating. They have this and a detonation mechanic lovingly known as getting 'ammo rekt'.

403 posts
8,166 battles

The nice thing about this game is that you can still have instakills through the predictable citadelling mechanics. Even though detonations seem to be pure RNG, they make up a tiny probability compared to cits and torpedo hits. Those can be avoided with skill, and that is why the anti-detonation upgrade is useless. The amount of RNG compared to ship health that numbers in the tens of thousands is negligible.

On the other hand WOT damage mechanics are highly arbitrary, and that costs games, but when RNG likes you it can lead to the most spectacular results.

In my 1 year of playing I only noticed that Fubuki, Königsberg, and Nürnberg are more likely to be detonated, but the equipment slot is in all cases better used somewhere else.

Edited by 27000ants

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

The nice thing about this game is that you can still have instakills through the predictable citadelling mechanics. Even though detonations seem to be pure RNG, they make up a tiny probability compared to cits and torpedo hits. Those can be avoided with skill, and that is why the anti-detonation upgrade is useless. The amount of RNG compared to ship health that numbers in the tens of thousands is negligible.

On the other hand WOT damage mechanics are highly arbitrary, and that costs games, but when RNG likes you it can lead to the most spectacular results.

In my 1 year of playing I only noticed that Fubuki, Königsberg, and Nürnberg are more likely to be detonated, but the equipment slot is in all cases better used somewhere else.

One day.

One day I'll get a double strike with both targets detonating.

403 posts
8,166 battles

One day.

I humbly await screenshots.

It is like the one time I got a triple fleshwound in the Fubuki

199 posts
18,023 battles

Instead of detonation, there are many damages that is mostly suffered by DD. For example, engine got shot and incapacitated. My Fletcher engine got shot in every game. Either WOWS can tune the damages to their liking or I am really unlucky.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

One day.

i remember detonating two IJN dd in one game. no double strike though :teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this