Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunda369

Would appreciate some advice on Nagato modules and captain skills

5 comments in this topic

205 posts
5,305 battles

Hi all,

I'm a cruiser main, so BBs are not what I usually play. Nonetheless, I have unlocked the Nagato (and soon the Colorado as well) through occasionally playing my BBs.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me on the proper set up for the Nagato, as my in limited understanding is that she is different from the Fuso. What modules or modification upgrades would you suggest for her? I also have a spare 11 point captain that I could put on her while keeping my Fuso captain (she is a very nice ship, although she comes in dead last in server stats for the last two weeks?).

Thank you all in advance. Cheers.  :)

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Hi all,

I'm a cruiser main, so BBs are not what I usually play. Nonetheless, I have unlocked the Nagato (and soon the Colorado as well) through occasionally playing my BBs.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me on the proper set up for the Nagato, as my in limited understanding is that she is different from the Fuso. What modules or modification upgrades would you suggest for her? I also have a spare 11 point captain that I could put on her while keeping my Fuso captain (she is a very nice ship, although she comes in dead last in server stats for the last two weeks?).

Thank you all in advance. Cheers.  :)

Main armament, Gun accurace, Damage control, Ruddershift.

Use premium dcp (22000 credit) and normal fighter.

Use the 3rd camo (22000 credit)

For captain skill, wait till 0.5.9 releases

For current settings: s/a (alternatively bos), BFT, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, AFT, Concealment (alternatively Secondary manual control).

(Sorry I don't know the actual name of any of these, never bothered to look)

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

And don't follow server stats, Nagamon is a monster. I am a medicore player and this is what I did with her, so you can imagine what you will do if you are a good player.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Thank you for the quick reply!! It is much appreciated.

Wow, those are some impressive stats. Hopefully I can improve my game play to get close to those. Someday. Soon. Hopefully.  :)

So, no module upgrades to the Nagato's allegedly beastly secondaries? Granted, only useful for brawling, and IJN BBs are not meant to brawl. If a DD comes to within secondary range, then I'm brain dead and not paying attention to the minimap. Which happens a lot, haha!  :)

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Thank you for the quick reply!! It is much appreciated.

Wow, those are some impressive stats. Hopefully I can improve my game play to get close to those. Someday. Soon. Hopefully.  :)

So, no module upgrades to the Nagato's allegedly beastly secondaries? Granted, only useful for brawling, and IJN BBs are not meant to brawl. If a DD comes to within secondary range, then I'm brain dead and not paying attention to the minimap. Which happens a lot, haha!  :)

Nagato secondaries are awesome, that is what you get from AFT. Now, Manual secondary at level 5 skill is awesome, but you won't be able to reach that in Nagato if you just play her for grinding Amagi. You will need approximately 100-120 games to reach Amagi, that is not enough to get tier 5 skill. So, there you go.

Module upgrade to buff secondary armament is useless. You wont lose much secondary anyway, since cruisers will mostly hit your superstructure. Gun accuracy is much more important. 

Another thing, Nagamon cannot brawl much, and you don't want to have a DD on your side where your main guns aren't facing, So, unless your enemy is IJN cruisers who cannot shoot torpedo forward, or USN cruisers who dont even have torpedoes, going in a brawl is discouraged.

Sign in to follow this