You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Unbelievable useless non premium ships.

27 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

I have been playing WOWS and found that non premium ships are totally uncompetitive against premium ships. The cruisers are so fragile, any hit from BB will be heavy damage, even nearly wiped out the HP. Against Atago which has HP recovery, this is unfair. Played CV and found IJN CV fighters totally wiped out USN or premium CV fighters. Currently, AA been so effective, even Kongo can wipe out entire torpedo bombers attacking it. I am using tier 7 cv, all attack been useless. If WOWS wants players to use premium ships, then don't offer free non premium ships. It is like we are replacement players because you cannot get enough premium players for a battle. No need to improve skills, you just need premium ships. What will WOWs offer next ? Homing torpedoes for premium ships ?   

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

That is not true at all. Take atago as an example: slower reload of 16 seconds, inferior range of 15.8km, extremely low AA at tier 8 and a massive citadel. The positives of it are faster torret transverse (still pretty slow), good torpedo arcs, more HP. The only OP premiums are grem and Nikolai and that is why they said they will never sell them again. 

If if you think World of Warships is a p2w game then git gud. If you think premiums are all OP git gud. If you think non premiums are UP git gud 

265 posts
799 battles

That is not true at all. Take atago as an example: slower reload of 16 seconds, inferior range of 15.8km, extremely low AA at tier 8 and a massive citadel. The positives of it are faster torret transverse (still pretty slow), good torpedo arcs, more HP. The only OP premiums are grem and Nikolai and that is why they said they will never sell them again. 

If if you think World of Warships is a p2w game then git gud. If you think premiums are all OP git gud. If you think non premiums are UP git gud 

except for Molotov and Nikolai :sceptic:

451 posts
6,946 battles

Protip: atago has model E 203mms that are found on furutaka, mogami, and ibuki. They are not the ones found on the myoko. This model E has inferior penetration, massive shell drag, and can easily be bounced at the slightest angling unless at near distances.

In addition to that, Atago has a massive broadside that is weaker than her counterparts, and will be deleted faster than the mogami, ibuki and myoko.

So despite having heal, she is actually more balanced than you think.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

the only op premium ship are Russian ship because "reasons". e.g gremiaschy, nicolai, murnmanks. comrade stalin does not approve weak soviet ship. other premium ship are pretty much average or above average.

atago only advantage is her great torpedo arc, faster turret traverse and hp packs. but most of the times you will encounter tier IX and X with this ship so its only reasonable to get those HP repair packs.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

So despite having heal, she is actually more balanced than you think.

Except WG themselves confirmed Atago is borderline OP.

And despite theoretical inferior gun of the Atago, I still do massive HE damage to anything shot at, comparative to other nations'.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Except WG themselves confirmed Atago is borderline OP.

And despite theoretical inferior gun of the Atago, I still do massive HE damage to anything shot at, comparative to other nations'.

by your logic everything is OP. There are people complaining that the atago broadside is too weak. And then we have this kind of thread.

They themselves admitted it,  but i have not found it so. The broadside is just too much of joke.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Also, u have 12games in atago. Play more games where you are matched against mogamis and new orleans. Then you'll know how its weak side armor (heck even frontal armor) as well as poor fire rate+ poor ballistics will cause you to lose the fight.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

View PostKleiss, on 24 July 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

They themselves admitted it,  but i have not found it so.

View PostKleiss, on 24 July 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

have not found it so.

You know, I hear more experienced players saying the Atago is OP than not.

I certainly didn't invest enough time in this game to make a valid stand point, but I don't think your argument is strong enough to disprove WG's stance on the ship.

The only reason it's not hit by the nerf bat is its premium status.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Also, u have 12games in atago. Play more games where you are matched against mogamis and new orleans. Then you'll know how its weak side armor (heck even frontal armor) as well as poor fire rate+ poor ballistics will cause you to lose the fight.

lol, no.  atago is THE most OP CA at T8, 1 on 1, a atago can utterly REKT NO and morgami, good arc on both guns and torps, good dispersion, VERY high HE damage. armor that is almost BB level when angling, ridiculous concealment for a ship of that size, and a almost godly heal.(plz dont say i dont know atago, i ranked 56 in the SEA server in her last week)

I have been playing WOWS and found that non premium ships are totally uncompetitive against premium ships. The cruisers are so fragile, any hit from BB will be heavy damage, even nearly wiped out the HP. Against Atago which has HP recovery, this is unfair. Played CV and found IJN CV fighters totally wiped out USN or premium CV fighters. Currently, AA been so effective, even Kongo can wipe out entire torpedo bombers attacking it. I am using tier 7 cv, all attack been useless. If WOWS wants players to use premium ships, then don't offer free non premium ships. It is like we are replacement players because you cannot get enough premium players for a battle. No need to improve skills, you just need premium ships. What will WOWs offer next ? Homing torpedoes for premium ships ?   

that being said, there are some NON prem ships that can rekt prem ships just as well, a good NC/amagi can usually out play derpitz, and any T8 BB can delete a atago if he dont know how to play, so in the end it ALL COMES DOWN TO PLAYER SKILL

to to the OP, before you whine about prem ships, git gud

Edited by drakon233

51 posts
7,106 battles

A skillfully played Saipan with Air Supremacy skill will just mop up practically any Carrier it faces.

Other than that, its basically what the other people said. Grem and Nikolai.

199 posts
18,023 battles

Before anyone complain about me whining and lack of battle skill, I have plenty of battle experience. You can search my profile on WOWS. There is no tier 9 or 10 premium ships because who willing to pay money and get shoot up by premium ships at tier 9 and 10. I am comparing same tier ships, lower tier ships are too weak to challenge premium ship of higher tier. I have done most of the ships except tier 9 and 10 because they are too expensive to take risk. My current captain xp is 17 points. I know what I am talking before some rookie with less experience teach me.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Before anyone complain about me whining and lack of battle skill, I have plenty of battle experience. You can search my profile on WOWS. There is no tier 9 or 10 premium ships because who willing to pay money and get shoot up by premium ships at tier 9 and 10. I am comparing same tier ships, lower tier ships are too weak to challenge premium ship of higher tier. I have done most of the ships except tier 9 and 10 because they are too expensive to take risk. My current captain xp is 17 points. I know what I am talking before some rookie with less experience teach me.

Not to statbash, but your performance isn't too good. You've played over seven-thousand battles with only mediocre results.

Mogami's WR and average damage is higher than Atago's.

Blyskawica > Mahan > Sims > Hatsuharu

Tirpitz loses on everything except experience

Arizona > New Mexico > Fuso > Warspite

Too lazy to do the rest. You can look up ship performance in the links to compare numbers like turret traverse, etc.

199 posts
18,023 battles

Thanks for the stat comparison. It is very interesting. From it I know what non premium ship to choose to be competitive against premium ship. Didn't know they have charts like this.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

the amazing thing is. Atago have same weapon as 203mm mogami and ibuki. Same AP dmg and velocity. But atago is 16secs while those are 14 secs.. 

and what made me laugh is.. Dev said Atago's AA is beyond OP. So that is why they wont implement the historical config. Then i went full AA up.. With AFT and AA upgrade (2nd slot). So i tested it with and without DFAA. a tier 7 cv can torp me without losing planes.. That doesnt count taiho yet or essex. 

Only thing that make this ship floats is DFAA and a great captain..

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

No premium tier 9 or 10? My friend, WG already stated that they wont sell t9 or t10 premium.. And we dont want new players to be playing high tiers. I think we all agree to that.. 
Edited by Safiuddin97

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Thanks for the stat comparison. It is very interesting. From it I know what non premium ship to choose to be competitive against premium ship. Didn't know they have charts like this.

Do you still think non-prems are worse than prems?

199 posts
18,023 battles

From the stats, the 2 categories ships are not much different and the winning rate are not high too. But when actual battle with enemy premium ships, I find they are strong in the sense of taking hit damages and aggressive play.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

sigh. dd are going to be the one at the receiving end of this. not only all ship will get situation awareness and will know that they are around. they will also get skill that won't benefit them at all.

i guess i have to reset my 15 skill commanded because i have not enough skill points to get BFT. why not just give 1 skill point regardless if they have invested two points or not in tier 1 skill.

Uhm... Wrong topic?