Sign in to follow this  
Wolvenworks

WoT Player's guide to WoWS

6 comments in this topic

80 posts
455 battles

I need tips.

No I'm definetly not a new player :trollface: but I do notice that I absurdly suck at ships since I'm not really used to how much slower the game pace is, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with the problem of "accidentally rushing their BBs too soon and getting pelted furiously by 3 Cruisers and a dozen torps"

80 posts
455 battles
I also notice that since I got all my ships up to tier 4 simply and purely by playing Co-op, I have a problem to translate what I've learned in there to actually playing mid-tier in PVP (because it doesn't transfer that way!)

414 posts
9,268 battles

Know how to tank your enemies, press "F7" (Need fire support) if you feel yourself surrounded or go away from that location. Don't stray too far from the main fleet since you will be the target of cruiser's HE shells and torpedo planes/destroyers. Also don't snipe enemies from base, your HP is needed for tanking shells that supposed to be fired for your cruiser/DD teammates, not for sniping. Stick together with at least 2 or more cruisers or 1 BB or better follow everyone else.

Every BBs also have it's own specialties. Low-mid tier us battleship good on short-mid range since it wont disperse that much and will instant kill almost any cruisers if aimed right, but they have turtle speed (18-21kts) except T8-T10, or basically the fast battleships North Carolina, Iowa, and Monty. Low tier US BB is good for a newbie battleship captains since it has many guns, good dispersion and shell velocity (Wyoming, NY) to train your aim, citadelling, or one-shotting enemies.

IJN BBs have superior range and speed, try to shoot enemies from the unknown (as I said before, don't use this opportunity for sniping :P) but a bit depending with RNG since meh dispersion except Nagato-Yamato. Their dispersion is great, but I heard Izumo dispersion is kinda meh. If you like to drive-by enemy cruisers and go away with citadels and good damage, try Kongou or better Fuso.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

if you're a BB, and you see a group of bombers making a bee line at you, start turning your ship (any direction) and ctrl+clicking on the attacking bombers, it may look useless (if it's a pro CV player) but you have 50% chance of surviving (probably taking in at least 1 or 2 torpedo hits)

also, stick with friendly CA/CL's as to provide you air cover, being in a lemming train (battle line) also helps, in a way CA/CL protects you from enemy CA/CL and nearby DD's and occasional air attacks, while you (as a BB user?) provide cover fire against enemy ships

:hiding: 

Sign in to follow this