You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dobbie143

Gun Fire Control System module

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

Im pertaining to the module upgrade, not the one being bought, WG should decrease dispersion of the guns and should work as well for the secondaries, (range buff)

im actually at a loss as to why an upgraded FCS(intended to make a more accurate gun IRL) makes primary guns here be less accurate

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

It doesn't, the dispersion is "maximum" dispersion, which is calculated at max range.

Obviously, when your max range is increased, the max dispersion (at that range) is higher than when you have less max range.

tldr; Upgrading your range doesn't affect the actual dispersion of your gun.

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

It doesn't, the dispersion is "maximum" dispersion, which is calculated at max range.

Obviously, when your max range is increased, the max dispersion (at that range) is higher than when you have less max range.

tldr; Upgrading your range doesn't affect the actual dispersion of your gun.

The dispersion stat is totally fake, otherwise it would tell us how vertical and horizontal dispersion is going to be. At that rate, If I hit anything at 8 Km, every single shell should hit the cross-hair. While the max dispersion rate is at max distance, I don't believe it reduces linearly as the range close down.

783 posts
4,819 battles

Im pertaining to the module upgrade, not the one being bought, WG should decrease dispersion of the guns and should work as well for the secondaries, (range buff)

im actually at a loss as to why an upgraded FCS(intended to make a more accurate gun IRL) makes primary guns here be less accurate

Taken from the other thread:

Dispersion is calculated as a unit per meter. It is constant for a ship and will only be changed with the accuracy upgrade or the enemy ship camo.
So say for example it's 10m dispersion per 1km on two ships, "Accuracy" as listed in game will be 100m and 200m for two ships that have ranges of 10km and 20km respectively. Both have the same dispersion and "Accuracy" yet it would seem the 2nd ship is more inaccurate due to having more range.

So when the GFCS upgrade lists a range increase, it does not reduce or increase dispersion in any way. It also does not increase or decrease "accuracy" in-game.

(Assuming same sigma values of course, and linear too)

The dispersion stat is totally fake, otherwise it would tell us how vertical and horizontal dispersion is going to be. At that rate, If I hit anything at 8 Km, every single shell should hit the cross-hair. While the max dispersion rate is at max distance, I don't believe it reduces linearly as the range close down.

The dispersion stat "assumingly" is the horizontal radius. Due to how the scope works, accurately correlating the vertical radius of dispersion is harder.

Well, there are other (hidden) stats such as sigma values which affect precision. I'm fairly sure there will be other factors.

As for whether it's linear on dispersion at shorter distances, I've no idea for now.

Edited by SZYZWY

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

what i would like is aside from the range increase being provided by an unlocked FCS it should also include reducing dispersion, they did add artillery plotting room mod, and if thats not possible how bout secondary guns? i mean increasing it's range after upgrading fcs

54 posts
7,230 battles

Taken from the other thread:

Dispersion is calculated as a unit per meter. It is constant for a ship and will only be changed with the accuracy upgrade or the enemy ship camo.
So say for example it's 10m dispersion per 1km on two ships, "Accuracy" as listed in game will be 100m and 200m for two ships that have ranges of 10km and 20km respectively. Both have the same dispersion and "Accuracy" yet it would seem the 2nd ship is more inaccurate due to having more range.

So when the GFCS upgrade lists a range increase, it does not reduce or increase dispersion in any way. It also does not increase or decrease "accuracy" in-game.

(Assuming same sigma values of course, and linear too)

The dispersion stat "assumingly" is the horizontal radius. Due to how the scope works, accurately correlating the vertical radius of dispersion is harder.

Well, there are other (hidden) stats such as sigma values which affect precision. I'm fairly sure there will be other factors.

As for whether it's linear on dispersion at shorter distances, I've no idea for now.

Actually, your point about GFCS not increasing accuracy is incorrect. I used to think the same way, but it was pointed out to me and when I checked I found it DOES increase it slightly.

Case in point, stock Amagi;

214m at 18.1km which equals a dispersion of 11.8232m per km of range

With FCS;

227m at 19.9km which equals a dispersion of 11.4070m per km of range

so FCS gives roughly a 3.5% accuracy increase. This seems to hold out across all ships that have them. Check for you self using the tech tree.

54 posts
7,230 battles

Maybe the dispersion increase diminishes?

No, it's a straight increase (though small).

it means at the previous max range of 18.1km, the dispersion has reduced to 206.4667m

783 posts
4,819 battles

Actually, your point about GFCS not increasing accuracy is incorrect. I used to think the same way, but it was pointed out to me and when I checked I found it DOES increase it slightly.

Case in point, stock Amagi;

214m at 18.1km which equals a dispersion of 11.8232m per km of range

With FCS;

227m at 19.9km which equals a dispersion of 11.4070m per km of range

so FCS gives roughly a 3.5% accuracy increase. This seems to hold out across all ships that have them. Check for you self using the tech tree.

Hopefully GFCS does increase accuracy, but it is in the case that the dispersion per meter is linear. If the formula for dispersion at a given distance is anything but linear, then GFCS may affect accuracy in a different manner or may not at all.

(I just assume linear as it takes a load off of my mind to think about with the GFCS upgrade)

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

can the USN cruisers like get better accuracy plz the IJN have longer range yet lower dispersion and faster shells... At least give us more range...