Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

In the Zuiho now

10 comments in this topic

425 posts

I'm now in the Zuiho, and I'm wondering which upgrade I should get for the second slot on her.

Should I get the Aircraft Servicing upgrade and cut down my servicing time? or go with extra 400 hp for my fighters.

For my captain skills I went with faster torps over fighter ability and working towards 4 and 5 levels first before going back.

What are benifits or cons to each?

Thanks for the help!

783 posts
4,829 battles

You can go with either due to how minute both the upgrades are.

Zuiho's squadrons already have a fast service time relative to its USN counterpart and with only 4 squadrons, it isn't really noticeable. Nice to have, yes. Stein will have a concrete value(in seconds) that you can save and I'd estimate it to be around 5-6 seconds on for all squadron cycles. Not exactly 'significant' even if it goes to 10 seconds.

The extra 400 HP on your Fighters will come in handy when against another Zuiho and you decide to lock squadrons. That said, at early tiers, being strafe happy is usually the way to decimate enemy squadrons because of the large ammo values. So the HP itself is pretty situational. Against a captain of equal skill, even with the upgrade, your FT squadron will lose to the USN FT squadron.

425 posts

good to know about the value of servicing.  It will go up in later tiers than here.

I find so far that my fighters are getting shot out of the sky really quick, so i might go this way, the extra health can help. I just unlocked the 2 tb mix for the Zuiho, so I should be able to spend more time strafing then trying to get a db bomb to hit a battleship. :sceptic:  RNG!

783 posts
4,829 battles

IJN DB squadron manual drop is "too" accurate.

You can try to hit a Battleship and you are pretty much guaranteed 1-4 bombs with some 1-2 fires. A slight mistake however will make all the bomb drops miss.

As for the fighters, it's pretty natural in a tier where AS loadouts for Bouge tend to be the norm.

425 posts

By RNG I mean auto drop on the DB.

Their drop circle is so huge, it's bigger than a BB!

Had 4 auto drops in a row miss completly before I figured out the manual for DB.

It requires to much effort to be effective.  Enemy fighters eat me alive when I do this, but only way to get damange and help team with DB strike load.:amazed:

1 post
3,807 battles

I personally strongly recommend the extra HP over the decrease in servicing time, for 2 reasons:

1. the service time for Zuiho's planes aren't long, cut a second or two won't really make a difference in most of the games. Generally speaking, you dont need to rush to torp at the start, or in other words, it's better to wait for a good opportunity, then attack.

2. you dont have a lot of planes to waste, so extra hp for FTs are beneficial. although it's RNG stuffs, but having 2FT left while enemy have none sometimes really makes a huge difference. 

However as the pro cv player said in above, both don't really make a large difference. Learn to use bz well for your FT and how to avoid it is really the priority for achiving a 50%+ win rate in the long run for Zuiho.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,044 battles

Get the fighter HP upgrade.

At tiers 4-6, you don't have enough reserves to warrant reducing servicing time, and IJN CV sortie times are bottlenecked by takeoff/landing times rather than servicing times. You will also want to win the air fight against fellow zuihos, so take the fighter health.

Personally, I take fighter health on all IJN CVs since I will get mileage on them, and servicing time only for USN T7+ strike loadouts.

783 posts
4,829 battles

Thanks for the advice, when I have the money, I'll buy the fighter health as I just got creamed again.

What other upgrades are there for cv's later on?

Just curious.

What stratmania said is a good guideline

Get the fighter HP upgrade.

At tiers 4-6, you don't have enough reserves to warrant reducing servicing time, and IJN CV sortie times are bottlenecked by takeoff/landing times rather than servicing times. You will also want to win the air fight against fellow zuihos, so take the fighter health.

Personally, I take fighter health on all IJN CVs since I will get mileage on them, and servicing time only for USN T7+ strike loadouts.

That is unless you have more unique priorities. :P

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,044 battles

That is unless you have more unique priorities. :P

TBH even with USN you will also take the fighter health if you want any semblance of air superiority. The buff is simply very very high and is recommended for AS loadouts.

IMO the servicing time upgrade is only worth it on USN CVs where you really really need to lower turnaround times on strike squads (a.k.a. strike loadouts with a very aggressive playstyle)

Edited by stratmania

Sign in to follow this