Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

German battleship line in test server

3 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Here is a quick port view review of German BB line in test server. Lots of module upgrades by the look of it. Ships look extremely fantastic. They are not yet research-able in test server Also like said in the video, T10 does not match with historical paper design. 

Edited by icy_phoenix

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

The tier 9 is apparently a H40B or H40A. It's somewhat between a H39 and H41 according to ArdRaeiss[NA Dev]

FDG is the "Schlachtschiff H"(H-39) as it was actually designed, with some elements of H-41 design elements used as upgrades. Please also don't forget that her balance is not finalized yet.

As for the tier 10,

Previously unknown German triple turret design for German 40cm(406mm/16") guns, recently found in the Russian archives. USSR was looking for it to buy(and Germany was willing to sell), as well as 3 complete turrets of this design. Of course, when war started it all was forgotten. I don't know what ship they were designed for.

The TX is based on H-41 "design" preliminaries.

This has been in fact, mentioned in books.

Nope, as far as I can tell, the 16" triple turrets and the 15" guns for the Kronshtadts were separate deals, though they were transferred as part of the same agreement.

Stalin was a salty one. He suspected that the Germans were planning 16" guns, so he asked for them in 1940 alongside Kronshtadt's turret and other equipment.

lSL6LyU.png

i6yDU9U.png

Philbin, Tobias R. "The Naval Dimension of the Hitler-Stalin Pact." The Lure of Neptune: German-Soviet Naval Collaboration and Ambitions, 1919-1941. Columbia, SC: U of South Carolina, 1994. N. pag. Web. 14 July 2016.

EDIT: I still don't know for what ship Stalin wanted the 40.6cm guns for. Maybe there was no active project and he wanted the guns just because?

View PostHiggle, on 14 July 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Having done some more digging in the same book, it seems that the Soviets did indeed want a 40.6cm gun (and a triple gun turret) for their Sovetsky Soyuz-class battleships.

It's important to note that Stalin didn't expect to receive the actual 40.6cm turrets in his deals with Germany in 1939 and 1940, merely technological information.

For the 40.6cm triple turrets, they were transferred to the USSR in the form of preliminary sketches, which explains why their plans were found in the Russian archives.

m4XVd7B.png

Sign in to follow this