Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dobbie143

WG should give full manual control over secondary batteries

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

as the title itself suggests, instead of having AI control your secondaries, have the player control it directly, why? because im quite sure that players will be able to shoot more effectively, thoughts anyone?

783 posts
4,808 battles

It would be pretty OP against DDs at close ranges.

But I guess it can be workable if the ranges are as such now. DDs will only go near secondary range during ambushes and YOLO runs for torps. If control is rather heavy on user-interaction then I'd rather not control it at such times where maneuvering is more of a priority.

Most of the Secondaries are predominantly using AP shells anyway so being effective is questionable.

To be honest though, with the reworks on the captain skills pertaining to secondaries, I don't see them being user-controlled first hand anytime soon.

I'm sure the players present way before the game went live have some stories on why it isn't so.

Edited by SZYZWY

265 posts
799 battles

I swear I played a WWII naval warfare based game before that lets you control your secondaries. What was that called......

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

No they shouldnt.

You're basically giving every high tier BB a free Atlanta on their sides.

They should improve secondary AI logic instead.

Fire AP at targets hull if they can penetrate, else fire HE at enemy superstructure. 

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

69 posts
8,828 battles

I swear I played a WWII naval warfare based game before that lets you control your secondaries. What was that called......

battlestation pacific and battlestation midway. 

265 posts
799 battles

battlestation pacific and battlestation midway. 

Ah. Dat's it

and btw, like all poasters above me, no. Some BBs have secondaries equivalent to cruisers just a few tiers below them (yeap, I'm looking at you, Yamato. Ms. Let's-mount-humongous-guns-and-then-strap-few-of-Myoko-turrets-on because, what the heck :sceptic:). Dat would be overkill

Edited by adnadi

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

No they shouldnt.

You're basically giving every high tier BB a free Atlanta on their sides.

They should improve secondary AI logic instead.

Fire AP at targets hull if they can penetrate, else fire HE at enemy superstructure. 

Or just fire HE at everything, easier to work things out that way.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This idea was implemented in Steel Ocean, and from there, you can pretty much see why WG chose *not* to do it in this game. As Deathskyz has said, it essentially gives most battleships a cruiser-sized armament on each side. In the hands of players, this makes battleships way too powerful and negates their key weakness (slow reload, inability to deal with targets at very close ranges) - it would severely upset the game balance.

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

secondary guns of iowa indeed are the same as those on atlanta, now how bout increasing accuracy, range and ROF? im already using MFC and boy, feels kinda useless

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

This idea was implemented in Steel Ocean, and from there, you can pretty much see why WG chose *not* to do it in this game. As Deathskyz has said, it essentially gives most battleships a cruiser-sized armament on each side. In the hands of players, this makes battleships way too powerful and negates their key weakness (slow reload, inability to deal with targets at very close ranges) - it would severely upset the game balance.

and i heard WG trying it's best to at least make things accurate as possible, so all secondary gunners are handicapped, probably 1 man per turret :P

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i played that steel ocean before. i tell you, even kawachi can rip CL and DD to shreds with her secondaries. now imagine what can yamato do if she has manual secondaries. so no.

i like my secondaries automated as i can focus on dodging fires and torpedoes better.

Sign in to follow this