You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SlamUez

Does the kraken flag give 50% xp extra to captain

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
908 posts

Question, does the Equal Speed Charlie London flag give 50% extra xp to captain as well as 50% extra XP to ship?

I ran out of captain XP flags, I was wondering if using the kraken flag will also train up captains faster?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

u could try:trollface:

since the capt XP is based off of XP gained in game, it should work, no guarantees though, u might wanna try it out

Edited by drakon233

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I am not sure but I think it does, it increases total XP earned and as far as I remember the total XP earned in that battle is how much goes into your commander

783 posts
4,821 battles

I'm more surprised you have more Equal Speed Charlie London(Kraken) flags than Zulu Hotel(Confederate) flags.

I've always assumed that the Kraken flags worked for captain EXP(also the +%EXP Camos) and usually put it in conjunction with the Confederate flags so it stacks.

(I'm gonna try it and be back after 30 minutes)

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Yes, captain gains same XP as your total XP unless there are additional bonus specifically for captain skill gain, like there is one now for Ashigara captain.

783 posts
4,821 battles

Ok, I used my Wyoming. (I would use images if only my internet isn't so slow right now)

My Captain had 4216 EXP before the match, now it's at 6165 EXP. Meaning my captain earned 1949 EXP

Match window shows 1559 EXP earned (-1EXP for causing damage to allies since an ally DD bumped into me).

Base EXP is 780 EXP. Modifiers are the +50% Captain EXP Flag(Confederate) and +50% EXP Flag(Kraken) and +50% First Win Bonus

1949 captain EXP is 2.5x the base of 780 EXP.

I earned 1559 EXP that is around 2.0x the base EXP of 780 EXP.

It is now clear that the Kraken Flag does affect Captain EXP.

Only that the Confederate Flag isn't Multiplicative of the Modifiers.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Thanks, now i have to make a decision whether to blow through the 94 kraken flags for captain XP. Or save the flags for the German BB line. I have around 120 x 100% xp camos from ranked that will be used on the german BB lines. Definitely will be blowing through the whole lot for German BBs.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Ok, I used my Wyoming. (I would use images if only my internet isn't so slow right now)

My Captain had 4216 EXP before the match, now it's at 6165 EXP. Meaning my captain earned 1949 EXP

Match window shows 1559 EXP earned (-1EXP for causing damage to allies since an ally DD bumped into me).

Base EXP is 780 EXP. Modifiers are the +50% Captain EXP Flag(Confederate) and +50% EXP Flag(Kraken) and +50% First Win Bonus

Thank you.

265 posts
799 battles

So...multipliers don stack in a compound-interest way?

783 posts
4,821 battles

So...multipliers don stack in a compound-interest way?

Yes, except for premium time.

I'm fairly sure the premium multiplier stacks with the other modifiers.

Edited by SZYZWY

783 posts
4,821 battles

You got me curious, so I'm using the same Wyoming game to check the "With Premium" stats.

Commander EXP gained = 2924 EXP

Total EXP gained(with modifiers(+100%)) = 2339 EXP

Premium Regarded Base EXP = 1169 EXP

Team Tab Base EXP = 780 EXP

Commander EXP is 3.75x of Team Base EXP and is still 2.5x of the regarded Base EXP with Premium.

Total EXP is 3.00x of Team Base EXP and is still 2.0x of the regarded Base EXP with Premium.

So yes, only Premium time is the modifier that stacks in a compound interest way.

265 posts
799 battles

You got me curious, so I'm using the same Wyoming game to check the "With Premium" stats.

Commander EXP gained = 2924 EXP

Total EXP gained(with modifiers(+100%)) = 2339 EXP

Premium Regarded Base EXP = 1169 EXP

Team Tab Base EXP = 780 EXP

Commander EXP is 3.75x of Team Base EXP and is still 2.5x of the regarded Base EXP with Premium.

Total EXP is 3.00x of Team Base EXP and is still 2.0x of the regarded Base EXP with Premium.

So yes, only Premium time is the modifier that stacks in a compound interest way.

That was surprisingly fast. Double thanks from me :3