You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Oro_Jackson_

Karma is stupid things

35 comments in this topic

16 posts
4,484 battles

Just look at this

COLORADO Replay

I really wanna know what's karma mean?

For me it seem stupid. No matter how you play well or play poorly if someone right click on your name.

Sometime I play very well I got reported sometime I did't nothing but i got compliment. And many time I tired with this peoples.

So if karma mean nothing please remove it WG.

Click here if cannot download replay.

http://8b54a309.dl-one2up.com/onetwo/content/2016/7/21/8b54a309da5a0b1e528102b0266c9030.wowsreplay

shot-16.07.21_21.40.04-0626_1.jpg

266 posts
5,142 battles
I never cared about karma, but I still think that they should make it that you can't report your enemy, only compliments. The idea of reporting your enemy felt kinda weird in the first place.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I dont mind reporting of enemies if they are a bot (i.e sailing backwards), as this costs their team the game perhaps.

But yes, you should limit it to one report type per game. 

Though in this example, id take is a compliment. If he sailed boradside to you and you wrecked him, kudos to you.

Personally if someone gets a kraken or double strike in either team, i always compliment them. Any rare rewards on either team i think should be complimented.

Edited by greifer

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Same thing happened to me today, I was also playing Colorado. Carried the game to victory with my division mate. We were taking constant "verbal" beating from dead noob allies, while we were trying to concentrate on winning. And we got reported.

I love to get complements, and I wont mind getting report if I do really bad things. Not like this.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i got reported 21times by a divison on our team, highest.record of the most.reports i ever got, because i ran into a torp sea from 2shimas while chaseing a nyangero in my fletcher, the 2yammy 1monty div behind me got torped to kingdom come after that, they used quite a bit language in chat and used up all their reports on me after that. talk about salty players

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

My karma points rise and fall in the ranked battles. 

Kill and win at the last minute of the game, everyone loves you. Karma rises.

Get killed and lose, watch those points drop. There is more at stake in the RB, so more salt gets poured out.

But the points themselves have no meaning, they're useless fluff. 

But I have to admit, it does give you the warm fuzzies when you get a compliment in a random battle.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

once lost a bunch of karma points because some raging noob got one shotted by me. Not my fault that you are incomptetent okay go report your self...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Would be nice is every 20pts of karma gave a +1% exp/credit boost or something.

that was discussed ages ago, it will just promote the unhealthy 'upvote trading' between players

783 posts
4,821 battles

A9zZCdE.png

Karma is useless.
It is still kind of nice to know that people actually bother with complimenting like I do.
Quick! Somebody report me 7 times so I'll get a round number! :red_button:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

A9zZCdE.png

Karma is useless.

It is still kind of nice to know that people actually bother with complimenting like I do.

Quick! Somebody report me 7 times so I'll get a round number! :red_button:

How peoples get so much Karma :(

Poor Melon Karma so low no one gib Melon love...

265 posts
799 battles

How peoples get so much Karma :(

Poor Melon Karma so low no one gib Melon love...

Don worry. My karma count is nil too Melon :3

Edited by adnadi

496 posts
4,171 battles

how does Karma affects game? i know i been reported for doing amazingly lucky stuff and been reporting terrible players and the usual report for abusive chat

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

lol I don't know why everyone is so hung up about karma!

Mosts mods (myself included) sit on <10.

The reality is that karma is a popularity contest, most gamers will lose out in that regard as we aren't the most social creatures around.

mods have low karma as no one likes to be told off, especially in front of their peers.  We have no choice in that as the media (forums, in game chat) are public.  That doesn't stop folks being irritated by it!

The other side of Karma, i.e. the negative is used statistically.  If someone is consistently getting a high number of reports for a category then it gets investigated.  (And no I'm not telling the numbers, that's part of what makes it work lol).

TL:DR

If you don't break the rules regularly then don't worry about Karma - it's going to have zero effect on what you do in game.