You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

Is the Amagi C Hull worth it?

9 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,809 battles

I'm still grinding up the IJN BB line and am currently using the Amagi's B hull. Is the C Hull worth to get (around 2.3M creds)?

Only thing that changes with the module upgrade is the AA battery. I checked the maneuverability and artillery tab to be sure and there are no changes. Unless it's a hidden value or soft stat, I have no way to know. Maybe it's like the Engine upgrade which increases top speed to 0.8 knots but is more often taken because provides better acceleration or deceleration which isn't quantified.

AA changes

B Hull

59 DPS at 1.2km

76 DPS at 3.1km

81 DPS at 5.0km

C Hull

225DPS at 3.1km

81 DPS at 5.0km

Other than the 'spike' in AA value, it also gives a choice to equip the GFCS upgrade which increases range to from 18.1km to 19.9km.

While the AA upgrade is nice to have and the extra range for insurance, is it worth to buy the C hull? Or do I just forget about it and just continue to the Izumo?

266 posts
5,135 battles

I took the Hull C simply for the GFCS upgrade when I'm grinding my Amagi. The range isn't that necessary in T8/T9 MM but I find it quite useful when I got Tier 10 MM.

Besides, Amagi to Izumo isn't a short grind. You can surely get your money back within that time frame, not to mention it makes the grind even more enjoyable.

783 posts
4,809 battles

More range is always good.

More AA is also good- Though situational.

Depends how deep your pockets are, I suppose.

Definitely not deep~

I'm still saving creds to get Ibuki/Kagerou as I've already unlocked them.

I don't really go back to past ships unless it's for div play or I just had the feel in which case, not often.

I took the Hull C simply for the GFCS upgrade when I'm grinding my Amagi. The range isn't that necessary in T8/T9 MM but I find it quite useful when I got Tier 10 MM.

Besides, Amagi to Izumo isn't a short grind. You can surely get your money back within that time frame, not to mention it makes the grind even more enjoyable.

I'm certainly having thoughts about it now that you bring up T10 MM.

Oddly enough, Izumo is my end-game for my IJN BB grind and not the Yamato.

Amagi really needs the range for its plunging citadels, get it

Plunging citadels? Sorry for the my ignorance on it but does it really happen? (I always engage at closer ranges <15km so I wouldn't know)

451 posts
6,946 battles

Definitely not deep~

I'm still saving creds to get Ibuki/Kagerou as I've already unlocked them.

I don't really go back to past ships unless it's for div play or I just had the feel in which case, not often.

I'm certainly having thoughts about it now that you bring up T10 MM.

Oddly enough, Izumo is my end-game for my IJN BB grind and not the Yamato.

Plunging citadels? Sorry for the my ignorance on it but does it really happen? (I always engage at closer ranges <15km so I wouldn't know)

yes for me it does. 410s are absolutely deadly at doing that. When i was grinding the older amagi for the gfcs it was a nightmare as my shells kept bouncing off slightly angled targets - the plunging wasnt enough.
Edited by Kleiss

783 posts
4,809 battles

yes for me it does. 410s are absolutely deadly at doing that. When i was grinding the older amagi for the gfcs it was a nightmare as my shells kept bouncing off slightly angled targets - the plunging wasnt enough.

Thanks, didn't know that. :honoring:

I'm not that much of a shooter especially at those ranges but I guess the GFCS upgrade will be worth to pursue.

Grind is not complete if you dont unlock everything. Also required for elite status. 2.3M is 1 more day for you.

I've no use for elite status in the first place. As for 2.3M, It'll take around 2 days for me to get that much(if I play as much as I do this week). I don't go for the usual T5 credit farming for an obscure reason like: "I only do it when I feel like it" and will usually end up raking in creds using my T8s. With my survivability numbers on them however(I die a lot), it takes longer. Which is actually my main gripe on this thread to ask if it is actually worth getting the C hull(and in turn the GFCS upgrade). :)
Edited by SZYZWY