You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Useless ARP boats.

14 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

Can WOWS allow us to sell the ARP boats ? I have lot of them and all are replicate of Kongo and Myoko. The captains are hogging the reserve lot and we only use 1 ship of each category since the rest are replicas. 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Can WOWS allow us to sell the ARP boats ? I have lot of them and all are replicate of Kongo and Myoko. The captains are hogging the reserve lot and we only use 1 ship of each category since the rest are replicas. 

they dont use your reserve slot, they have their own ARP slots. They also clearly said ARP ships cannot be sold. You didnt buy it with money so dont expect to sell them. If you don't want to see them just go to another port

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If you did all the missions so far, you would only have 2 extra commanders and with them 2 extra reserves (which only appear in Yokosuka port). Otherwise, all other commanders have their own ships and don't take up any reserves unless you put them out of the boat for whatever reason (however, there's really no reason to put them out of the boat).

199 posts
18,023 battles

I uses the same captain for several boats categories as the captain xp is difficult to earn. At 17 points, it took me a long time to earn extra points. That is why I uses each nation captain for several boats categories. Maximize the  captain xp earning. Same as for ARP boats. I only uses 1 captain. I will redistribute the points using doubloon for different boats.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Even so, lets say you want to use Kongo's commander in Kirishima, you can just swap the commanders around and you still won't use any reserves. You do need one empty reserve in order to make the swap, but otherwise they don't actually occupy them. However, I guess having to move two commanders repeatedly does get very tedious after a while especially if you're clearing the daily bonus for each ship.

199 posts
18,023 battles

The main issue is wastage since the ARP boats are replicas of Kongo and Myoko. Better to give us more variety such as Mogami or Amagi ARP boats. I am wasting my captain slot since I am not using the other captains. Buying extra slot is wasting my doubloon. I want to use least battles to earn maximum captain XP. Earning captain XP gets more difficult after 15 points. 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The main issue is wastage since the ARP boats are replicas of Kongo and Myoko. Better to give us more variety such as Mogami or Amagi ARP boats. I am wasting my captain slot since I am not using the other captains. Buying extra slot is wasting my doubloon. I want to use least battles to earn maximum captain XP. Earning captain XP gets more difficult after 15 points. 

Thing is though, ARP's source material doesn't have Amagi class BBs as characters to create ships from (not too sure on Mogami). The only other main characters that they could add in now really are Hyuuga (Ise Class BB/BBV), Takao (Takao class CA), Yamato and Musashi which would most likely be Captains since I highly doubt WG would want to give out Tier X reward ships just yet. 

You say you are wasting the captain slots but the ARP captains don't effect the slots for your normal ships so just swap out of Yokosuka port as Amade suggested when you don't want to use ARP ships anymore.

199 posts
18,023 battles
I am sorry I did not realized I always have 1 vacant captain slot if I just put them on my current boat. It must be because I want to clear off the ARP captains. Sorry for wasting all contributors' opinion. Thank you for all your opinions. .
Edited by Admiralthomas

29 posts
8,434 battles

Even so, lets say you want to use Kongo's commander in Kirishima, you can just swap the commanders around and you still won't use any reserves. You do need one empty reserve in order to make the swap, but otherwise they don't actually occupy them. However, I guess having to move two commanders repeatedly does get very tedious after a while especially if you're clearing the daily bonus for each ship.

I've often wondered what the point of the ARP ships is.  I am unable to select a captain from any non ARP ship so I don't see how they can be used to train up other captains.  I have available reserve slots.

The only advantage I can see is you don't have to keep the Kongo in port once you have got the Fuso.  You still have a "Kongo" to use if you wish.

Am I doing something wrong.

605 posts
7,614 battles

I've often wondered what the point of the ARP ships is.  I am unable to select a captain from any non ARP ship so I don't see how they can be used to train up other captains.  I have available reserve slots.

The only advantage I can see is you don't have to keep the Kongo in port once you have got the Fuso.  You still have a "Kongo" to use if you wish.

Am I doing something wrong.

ARP ships  is just for  collection 

You can collect it for fun PLUS free kongo,atago,myoko class

You could try out some IJN ships