Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KongouHime

Fubuki Torpedoes

16 comments in this topic

[BRU]
309 posts
11,209 battles

I recently got my Fubuki and I'm still not decided which type of torpedoes is the best. Which torp setting is better?

67kts, 10km or 57kts, 15km?

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

Option 1. Really by that tier how many ships sail straight for 15km of torps.

But that is my choice. Ensure damage at high speed with less correction time for the enemy. 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Up to playstyle.

You get two choices: 10km for harassment at medium range and 15km for long range. Torpedo acceleration forces you to be a bit closer, but makes your torpedoes harder to dodge while requiring less lead.

The 8-10km ones are good for harassing single targets while the 12-15km ones are good for tight groups that refuse to advance; Campers. Mind that the first option will put you in danger if someone activates their radar, so you need to be more selective of your targets. The longer-ranged ones can be fired on a whim on suspected busy lanes from a safe distance; Just don't count on hits unless they're predictably moving in the same area.

Just remember that each torpedo fired by Fubuki cost 250-400 credits each for 10km and 15km, respectively. 750-1200 a turret and 2250-3600 a full salvo.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,209 battles

Up to playstyle.

You get two choices: 10km for harassment at medium range and 15km for long range. Torpedo acceleration forces you to be a bit closer, but makes your torpedoes harder to dodge while requiring less lead.

The 8-10km ones are good for harassing single targets while the 12-15km ones are good for tight groups that refuse to advance; Campers. Mind that the first option will put you in danger if someone activates their radar, so you need to be more selective of your targets. The longer-ranged ones can be fired on a whim on suspected busy lanes from a safe distance; Just don't count on hits unless they're predictably moving in the same area.

Just remember that each torpedo fired by Fubuki cost 250-400 credits each for 10km and 15km, respectively. 750-1200 a turret and 2250-3600 a full salvo.

I'm impressed that you know how much costs each armament fired but I'll probably take your advice. My cousin told me that I'll use 15km torpedoes but I argued to him that 10km torpedoes is better.

P.S. Where did you get that information about how much credits for each armament(torpedoes, guns) that each time it's used?

784 posts
4,856 battles

This is one thing I didn't need to know. :unsure:

I recently got my Fubuki and I'm still not decided which type of torpedoes is the best. Which torp setting is better?

67kts, 10km or 57kts, 15km?

I'd recommend the 67(72 with TA) knots at 10km(8km) since the torpedoes slower than that tends to be easily dodged.

Partly bias with it though since I always go up close.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,209 battles

Link.

Merci!!! I'll read about this later. I always wondered why everytime I play CV, my repair costs are very expensive.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I planned to use the 15km torpedo range then slap in Torp Acceleration skill to make it 62 knots & 12km.

I believe, 12km is enough torpedo range but need faster rage delivery.

451 posts
6,948 battles

8km@72 is highly recommended once you get the concealment expert. Fubuki becomes stupidly good because the 10km ones have good stealth and is further improved with acceleration.

Otherwise 12km@62 is good. Remember, the closer you are, and the faster your fish, the shorter the travel time(and smaller lead) and reaction time your target has.

Edited by Kleiss

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

I love when I see poor shima players doing mindless spamming since they have seen iChase video. They hardly hit anything lol. And at the end of the day, damn big rearming bills.

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

I'm impressed that you know how much costs each armament fired but I'll probably take your advice. My cousin told me that I'll use 15km torpedoes but I argued to him that 10km torpedoes is better.

P.S. Where did you get that information about how much credits for each armament(torpedoes, guns) that each time it's used?

Be careful, the amount of Benson, Fletcher and balanced ussr/polish/pan-asian dds you will face, 10Km will be hardly possible unless you are very good. 10 Km is mainly ambushing and for knife fighting, 12/15 is basically zone denial, 

[disclaimer, I don't play dd, my speculation is from watching enemy and friendly fubukis, Fubuki have significant carry potential though. We have won lots of matches because of friendly fubukis who kept pushing enemy away, that was 12/15 km torps]

403 posts
8,352 battles

12km@62knots is a balanced build, good enough for most tasks, such as lolsniping and area denial. 10km@67knots is more assault-focused, and may get you within radar range. Realistically the effective range of the torps is about 15% less than the effective range unless the target is sailing towards you. Past that point the torps either run out of steam or become too dispersed even with the tight spread. That is why the 8km@72knots build is, to me, suicidal, as the effective range skirts too close to the dectection range. I ran 12km@62knots for a while until I got fed up with the inflexibility of being restricted to sniping, and with people seeming to be using WASD more lead to low hit rates. So I reskilled off torp acceleration and am currently using 10km@67knots.

Funny thing is that Kagero has no intermediate torps (either 20km slow ones, or suicide range 72knot ones) other than the stock torps, and would actually benefit from torp acceleration on the 20km ones (at least on paper).

784 posts
4,856 battles

-snip-

The 20km torps from Kagero(and Shima for that matter) are detected at Hydro range(~3km) so it isn't really advisable to use other than Area denial. Fubuki's torps detection range is much lower at around ~1.6km for the 10km ones. (Do correct me if I'm wrong)

For reference, the F3 torps have a 1.9km detection range without TA. (This is the only one I'm fairly sure of)

231 posts
3,548 battles

the thing you miss on is reload torp time, the reload is very important for torp spread spamming , i myself prefer the 15klm range as its a bit safer  but with the modules and captain settings torp reload time is really good

[BLUMR]
Super Tester
458 posts
7,199 battles

10km torps any day, 8km ones with TA if you are confident of your map awareness and of your testicular fortitude.  Torps for area denial at long range, especially if uncoordinated with other torpedoboats, is quite overrated, considering how large the spreads become (and the longer spotting range of said torps).  All you do is to tell the enemy that there would be no more torps incoming for the next 90 seconds and maybe make them turn in a bit, or slow down ever so slightly.  Yeah perhaps they turn in a way to show the big guns in your team more broadside, but why sacrifice a non RNG, efficient ship killing weapon for the chance that your team may do big damage on the enemy.  Torps for area denial are mainly useful only for short narrow channels (eg North).  Otherwise they are for launching into smoke, or potential blind torping possible cap entry points and for killing ships (works better than expected on some maps).  You would want to be close when launching them, something like 8km.  Then once they flood wait a while and shoot them to set them on fire for even more damage (10km guns are rather useful), cos your torps are probably not yet reloaded when the previous set hits ships at 8km.  Please don't forget your guns, they are really good with 9% fire chance and flat arcs, albeit slow turret traverse and reload.

Sign in to follow this