Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
swap1997

How to play a North Carolina post 0.5.8 patch.

7 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,895 battles

Hi Guys,

I just got my North Carolina after a brief but good spell in the Colorado. Although known to many as the Lolorado, the recent updates implemented by WG meant that the Colorado was decent and comfortable enough for my playstyle. But when I got my Nort Carolina, I wasnt sure enough how to use it as unlike the Colorado, which could snipe out stuff, the North Carolina is a bit confusing ship to play. Sure she is a decent ship, but I just felt I was using her to the fullest of her potential. So could anybody give me some pointers and pro tips as to how to use her the best? Any help would be welcome.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Mount concealment module.

Mount +20% AA Range module.

Get to 16 - 14km range. That's your preferred engagement range.

Point your bow on. Shoot. Use the 3rd gun when its safe to do so. Drop to 1/2 speed when you are 16km from the enemy.

Laugh when CVs try to send their planes at you.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

It is called Lolorado for a reason. I do not notice any change in Lolorado. WG buffed dispersion for NC, Iowa and Montana. I did not see anything about Lolorado in last patch. Shells fall all over the places.

435 posts
6,169 battles

New York, New Mexico and Colorado are all ships you can tank anytime anywhere but North Carolina is the step up to top tier, No1. Never over extend, coast her into battle.

Also:

Pick your moments to tank/push

First half of the battle your mind set should be - to chip away at the enemy not to blast them

Get better at using the right shell type, HE AP, for the current target, target type and ordination (especially for the NC)

Get better at dodging - adjust throttle & ruder frequently  

When the enemy is bow on, cascade shells, also consider destroying/aiming at the front turrets

Navigate with a backup getaway plan 

Superior in numbers, cruise with others including cruisers

Just to say, North Carolina has a nicest sounding main guns, the blast is so crisp and sharp

Edited by Yul_Brynner

450 posts
7,896 battles

Same feeling. The accuracy of Colorado feel better and armor is stronger. The dispersion of Colorado shells is a rectangle while the NC dispersion is a square

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

New York, New Mexico and Colorado are all ships you can tank anytime anywhere but North Carolina is the step up to top tier, No1. Never over extend, coast her into battle.

Correction, Lolorado cannot tank using bow on at close range. Even pepsicola does 10K through Lolorado bow. (You might want proof and i have it).

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Same feeling. The accuracy of Colorado feel better and armor is stronger. The dispersion of Colorado shells is a rectangle while the NC dispersion is a square

The close you get NC keeps getting better and better, it is the opposite for Lolorado. Lolorado will hit the target, but hardly at the spot you wanted. Nagato at tier 7 is much more consistent than Lolorado.

Sign in to follow this