You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Exciton_8964

How can u enjoy this cowardice meta

167 comments in this topic

4 posts
800 battles

A Tier 8 Game. No one pushes for cap.

So I have to push with my fuso. I typed at least 5 times in the chat that 'I am pushing, needs support'. And look at where the teammates are.

This is not a rare occurrence. Every other game, you get team like this. And the higher the tier, the worse the problem.

I play on both Asia and NA servers. But I really don't feel like playing on this server any more. This is just too much cowardice.

0X3~JEL~T5())60B@0X979D.png

4 posts
800 battles

Every time I see an up tiered game, I can pretty much throw in.

There is literally nothing you can do. If you push in, no one will support you and will just see you being focus fired to death.

Domination is just not suitable to the players on this server. They should just make everything standard battle here.

590 posts
2,995 battles

So - just an idea

play to the meta, not play to the meta you expect. 

If there is an opportunity and it's a safe one, take it. But otherwise, fall back, follow your team and then at the right time take things in to your own hands. 

4 posts
800 battles

So - just an idea

If there is an opportunity and it's a safe one, take it. But otherwise, fall back, follow your team and then at the right time take things in to your own hands. 

Yeah, just watch enemy take all caps and lose.

I would be fine if every game is a standard battle. As I suggested, this should really be the case on Asia server. Make 90% game standard battle so I can play how I want.

Edited by Exciton_8964

496 posts
4,171 battles

im assuming it's a t8-t10 game there

yes no1 wants to push due to the repair bills

i only play t10 games when im in a div of 3 players

why?

as-long as you have a DD + a Tank + long-mid range fire support

you can push quite well

but obv not against the whole of enemy fleet/team

496 posts
4,171 battles

I have come to the conclusion the fun factor stops about tier 7

not really 

the fun factor stops when you start playing too serious and care too much

like those tier 10 players most of em just too scared and want to sit back, which in turn makes alot of problem and people probably become salty over it.

so it's kinda true cuz tier 8 meets tier 10.............|

im still enjoying the game even in tier 8 sometimes it's really fun fighting tier 10

once i laugh entire games because the enemy yamato stop shooting my tirpitz because the player got tired of bounces from my bow was fun

1,126 posts

from screenshot your posing.

your team have no DD left to effectively capping.

it depend now on enemy DD dominate the cap, spot your friend cruiser that dare get close to cap and feed them to their team BB.

what enemy team DD are? US/RU/IJN?

in domination 3+ cap, which team have more US/RUDD have more chance to win.

Edited by PGM991

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I experienced this too. The thing is if no one wants to push, why does the enemy push with all their ships into the caps and your side melts back further and further giving up ground.

Its not always about meta, but doing the objective of the mission. The objective is to win, you win by capping and destroying the enemies opfor.

You dont win by sniping.

To quote Eurobeat, at high tiers, ignore your repair bills!

Go in deal damage and learn to play your vessel to the teams benefit!

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

The most amazing thing from your post is that you were pushing forward as a Fuso player, i always see them camped at 20km+ in a T4-6 battle so little changes when you climb up the Tiers. But as Shira says above go in with a Div and you can usually get a cap and push a flank with the support from a spare DD or CA.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I would be fine if every game is a standard battle. As I suggested, this should really be the case on Asia server. Make 90% game standard battle so I can play how I want.

so what you are saying is- one team plays to the usual meta, and the other team does not?

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

This just means the enemy team was good and your team was not. If the reverse happened, i.e. your team took the caps and the enemy team sniped from the back you wouldn't complaint here, would you?

That said, I know your feeling. It can be frustrating when you suggest something in the chat and no one responds. Unfortunately, language barrier is and always will be a huge downside of playing on this server.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

It looks in the OP's example like they have lost the DD battle.  At that point in a domination battle you've most likely lost.  People in CA's or BB's generally like to maintain what they think is an appropriate range for their ships, and will move up or fall back depending on where the current front lines are.  The enemy team has defeated your DD's and is pushing up, hence your team is pushing back.  The only way they could win is to push up together, but it's unlikely to happen unless you have a lot of good players on your team who understand what is happening and who can coordinate.

The point to note is that the battle is basically already lost at this point.  You need to look to earlier in the battle to see what you could have improved on, not look at what you could do in the situation you've ended up in.  As a BB, the main thing you can do to help your team win the DD battle is to make the enemy cruisers very reluctant to push.  If the enemy cruisers fall back, then your DD's won't take as much damage and will be more likely to defeat the enemy DD's.  That means dealing good damage to them, and being at a distance where they think they'll get hammered if they move up.  If you can encourage others in your team to do this too you've gone a long way to winning the game.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

Sometimes you have to adapt to the team, sometimes you have to lead them. I tend to just go for it - if my team doesn't take advantage of the opportunities I'm giving them then they probably weren't going to win the battle anyway. So might as well try instead of just camping with them. Camping is boring.

Pretty much all my battles can be described as one of four types:

Type 1 - My team is good, enemy team is terrible: An easy victory. Common in mid-tier battles, less so at very low and very high tiers.

Type 2 - Both teams are filled with terribles: Even better. These are the matches where even I have a shot at a Kraken. Again, most common in mid-tiers (low-tiers have a surprising amount of skilled players for some reason).

Type 3 - My team is terrible, enemy team is good: Oh no, not again... Sailing Indianapolis increases the chance of this happening by 1000%. AND THE ENEMY ALL SEE ME NO MATTER WHERE I AM AND THEY SHOOT AND THEY SHOOT AND THEY WON'T STOP.

Type 4 - Both teams are good: I usually die fast in these ones, since my confidence swells when I see competent teammates. But the enemy is also competent and ready for my reckless idiotic brave advance. Far too ready... On the bright side, these are often still fun to spectate after an early demise.

Play to win but not to the extent that it cripples your fun. Balance is key.

575 posts
5,354 battles

So - just an idea

So you're saying, 'turn tail and run it's the safest option.' If that's the case, why queue in and fight in a ship meant to kill other ships?

There is no right time. The team will not push forward to take the caps. They will continue to sail further away and let them keep the caps and try not to die when they come for them. This happens in almost all domination games on one side or the other.

Cowardice, turning away when there are an equal number of ships coming towards you, or seeing the capping markers changing colors and not pushing forward is the meta in this game now. I have no respect for anyone that does not have a pair of steel testicles to fight for an objective or try to win. The current meta in this game is 'to survive to the end no matter what.' This is a game of competition. There are winners and losers, no in-between. However, people would rather lose than risk their ships. It is these individuals that should quit playing a game that requires to engage in active conflict against another player. If that is too much for them to handle, then stay in Co-op and fight the bots.

The mantra of 'running away is a tactical retreat,' is sound strategy is bovine excrement. Especially when the turn tail and run leaving one of their own behind who is leading the push. Yellow belly cowards are the worst type of people to have in any combat game. They are the ones that sit back and let other do the fighting for them and try to come in as a clean up batter to win the day. If they don't do that, the go find an island to hide behind and sail away from the enemy ships. I guess in their twisted belief that surviving a battle is a win to them, screw the rest of the team.

Cowardly play is plaguing this game like never before. If I could get away will team killing cowardly wussies in a battle, I'd pad my stats with them. These, like filthy casuals, are the worst players in this game, especially when they are in ranked play. These players are only here to shoot big guns and fantasize about sailing around in some of the greatest warships ever to set sail. I hate them with a passion.

Edited by RebelliousYankee

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

Recently we are having good success by this -> Let have enemy 2 caps while you enforce a side cap heavily. And then start pushing enemies back, since they got 2 caps happily, they did not notice they are spread thin usually from east to west direction, while we form a line such that all of us can shot the front most ships of theirs. and keep closing down on them. its easily to break cruisers will, all you need is one citadel, and they will run out of the map in panic.

783 posts
4,819 battles

The only ones who enjoy "cowardice meta" are those who initiate it in the first place.

Whether or not you follow it is entirely up to you and it's pretty much "play the game how you want it".

Most of the disappointment on how the meta is more directed on how your team played at a certain match anyway, it's not like every game is like that. If you try and be aggressive, there will be times that there is someone on both your team and the enemy team that will take you up on the challenge.

If your playstyle doesn't work out just often because "the meta doesn't let it", then it calls for either a change in playstyle or an improvement of it. Both of which is still your call. Play the game how you want it, win or lose anyway. (And since we're talking about the gameplay meta and the like, assume that it's to win)

On a personal note, I'm pretty aggressive whenever I play my ships and it doesn't really matter if my allies camp or the enemies camp, I will stay aggressive. It's how I get my fun out of the game and it simply feels the best when another aggressive player(s) is on the enemy side. Not the best playstyle at times, I'll admit. :izmena:

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

team that lost their DD, will lost all the initiative

Not only that. If team loses CV early on, or all the BBs when 2-3 of enemy are still healthy, people will lose hope. Only thing that doesn't impact much is probably CAs. Since most CAs at mid-high tiers stay out of 15km range and they barely hit anything apart from BBs, so if you lose all CAs, its no big deal.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

its either your team (CA) didnt give enough support and cover for dd that they were wiped out. once they were all sunk, enemy dd can cap without bothering your teams dd while BB will just push out your team's CA for the safety of their DD. well there's also the big repair bills so your high tier teams might be thinking that its better to lose than being sunk and lose. OR the enemy team is just good that your team can react and counter the enemy movements 

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Not only that. If team loses CV early on, or all the BBs when 2-3 of enemy are still healthy, people will lose hope. Only thing that doesn't impact much is probably CAs. Since most CAs at mid-high tiers stay out of 15km range and they barely hit anything apart from BBs, so if you lose all CAs, its no big deal.

Sniping CV is Rare nowdays, not much of CV encountered in everygame anyhow - while its true, it doesnt always apply.

Pub is game where sporadic fight that occur in same time, everyone doing their own thing since no one wanna seize innitiative.

the key to that were destroyer, since everyone doing their own thing - only DD do the right thing which is capping(mostly because they cant get to close to enemy bulk anyway).

CA were weak link, since they are support ships. they excel in cordinated movement - where they will be more scary than battleship.

The problem there is no such a thing in Pubs, so each and every player play wait and see since no one wanna took initiative to make one. 

speaking as CA, it usualy our Numbers vs Their numbers, Enemy HP, and vision

the one that break the situation like that were either a Division advancing, a stelar performance by BB captain (devastating strike or couple of citidel can instill fear to enemy and pump up allied) or the most important, action by each Individual DD captain. 

DD sneak into enemy base will force movement, they can find a gap where others can also follow for pincer attack, their torpedo force movement - screwing with peoples angling, they onnacap which trigger movement etc etc.

thats why DD is mostly control the momentum of the game, If you lost all, you team gonna be steamrolled till the last man.

I found lost of all DD is the most crippling, since everyone will be scared. and Invifire become rampant. and everyone just turn tail and run

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

We lost 4-5 matches in a row cause

1. our cv wnt in full throttle to enemy base.

2. we had 2 dds in one game, we almost made it even, if only those two noobs could drop their ego and leave the cap for the enemy since it was only 2 minutes into the game. any dd captain that goes for 1v1 trade at the very beginning of the map, deserves a report.

3. next one, we had an mrmansk player we did not learn how to read english. to win all we needed him to hide, we were shouting in chat. he went to fight a full hp gremiachy with 205 hp.

4. another one, teammate Mutsuki gave up and went afk when we had 3 ships for enemys 7, 1 minute later, we have 3 ships including the afk one, and enemy had 3. then eventually he came back, he was full hp, and only enemy was a low hp nagato. all he needed is torp the damn ship. guess what he did? ran away with engine boost.

I wish there was a way to get rid of these idiots. cant win doing every thing possible in my power because of these....