You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

I loath destroyers

54 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

I really Gods Honor do

When I started a few months ago the destroyers (I think are called DD's) just had me every time so I grew to hate them. I had to fix this problem so I could enjoy the game.

I learnt to shoot and to lead and got pretty good at it so now I forget about Caps etc I just go destroyer hunting, it's how one rolls I suppose, I even look at the destroyers on my own team and want to kill them all (but not allowed, a bug in the game perhaps), my own team D's have no trouble Torping me btw

I'll be engaged in a battle with a ship but as soon as I see a destroyer I don't care if the ship kills me I'll do everything to murder/maim/destroy that chicken/hiding/smoke spewing devious ship

I firmly believe if you suck at this brilliant game you get a destroyer because you have no ability or talent for a proper ship (now that's an emotive statement lol)

Well that was good to get off my chest :) Mind you if there were no Destroyers I wouldn't be having so much fun getting all angry and back of the buss with them.

I love this game, I think it's maybe 3 months now ( I think) and at +2000 games, it's a great way to relax or get tension.

While I'm here and at it

Team games, I tried but we couldn't get to actually play, like people would come go while we were waiting 

It's an interesting game, tier 1 , 2 .3 ships you can get good at quick..tier 6 is tricky and the Yorck V11 is a different beast altogether and no fun at all as yet because my rush in and kill attitude will not work (no kidding and to many years playing FPS)

Well I've nearly got enough (four days away) for the Hipper Tier V111 and have been reading up on it, seems "hopeless" is the talk, I care not a jot I firmly believe you can adapt/adjust a play style to "kill them all" around a ship.

I'd love a Tirps, I think I may actually start buying stuff but not till I get the hang of these big boys

What a great game this is

Oh yes "naval war tactics"

So I'm dead and 3 of us left with 1 only 1/2 damaged enemy ship and our guys sit behind an Island 5km away...I sit there thinking..what's with that so I type."go kill him", I mean... What's With That. Is "naval war tactics" a phrase for "gee I'm chicken scared and don't want to die (because I'm really a destroyer player in disguise)" I could spend much more time on these "destroyer players" but I think the point was made clearly.

From the Simpsons (or should be)

Homer: I want to play WOW

Marge: Ok dear but you know you suck at these intellectual clever games that require some thought and skills

Homer: I will be a Destroyer player dear, that takes little skill and I can get big scores and be mostly invisible so no one can see me and I can chicken kill all day with no skills and be top on the leader results.

220 posts
3,420 battles

It was all A Bit Out There :) but I expect no backlash from a Destroyer Captain, they would then be seen and they don't like that..oops I did it again, yes to the chit :)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

*Shrugs*

Join the "I hate DDs" conga line.

If you're interested, there's also the:

• "I hate CVs" line
  • "I hate CAs" line
  • "I hate BBs" line

Then there's the special:

• "I hate my team" line
  • "I hate RNG" line
  • "I hate my ship" line
  • "I hate unicums" line
  • "I hate potatoes" line

Lines for days.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Had to look it up

“Git Gud”, an intentional misspelling of the phrase “get good,” is an expression used to heckle inexperienced players or newbies in online video games, similar to the use of the phrase “lurk more” on forums.

My long term plan is to kill more of these beasties

A game yesterday

10 players per team 6 destroyers on each, tuff to get good when so many torps flying everywhere ..ya think.

So there was no value to my rant, come on it was a fair call and mostly accurate, if you take the emotion out your left with reality.

There should be a "I hate Destroyers club" :) but that would just be silly

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Had to look it up

“Git Gud”, an intentional misspelling of the phrase “get good,” is an expression used to heckle inexperienced players or newbies in online video games, similar to the use of the phrase “lurk more” on forums.

My long term plan is to kill more of these beasties

A game yesterday

10 players per team 6 destroyers on each, tuff to get good when so many torps flying everywhere ..ya think.

So there was no value to my rant, come on it was a fair call and mostly accurate, if you take the emotion out your left with reality.

There should be a "I hate Destroyers club" :) but that would just be silly

There may or may not be a cult of DD-haters in the NA server.

220 posts
3,420 battles

The real intention of the post is  "I love the game" the rest is mostly some fun and a get to know people thing as I do play a lot. The heading was a distraction mostly (but not untrue)

Now I know two of you and look forward to saying Hi in-game (unless your in one of those ships of course :)

496 posts
4,165 battles

I really Gods Honor do

When I started a few months ago the destroyers (I think are called DD's) just had me every time so I grew to hate them. I had to fix this problem so I could enjoy the game.

I learnt to shoot and to lead and got pretty good at it so now I forget about Caps etc I just go destroyer hunting, it's how one rolls I suppose, I even look at the destroyers on my own team and want to kill them all (but not allowed, a bug in the game perhaps), my own team D's have no trouble Torping me btw

I'll be engaged in a battle with a ship but as soon as I see a destroyer I don't care if the ship kills me I'll do everything to murder/maim/destroy that chicken/hiding/smoke spewing devious ship

I firmly believe if you suck at this brilliant game you get a destroyer because you have no ability or talent for a proper ship (now that's an emotive statement lol)

Well that was good to get off my chest :) Mind you if there were no Destroyers I wouldn't be having so much fun getting all angry and back of the buss with them.

I love this game, I think it's maybe 3 months now ( I think) and at +2000 games, it's a great way to relax or get tension.

While I'm here and at it

Team games, I tried but we couldn't get to actually play, like people would come go while we were waiting 

It's an interesting game, tier 1 , 2 .3 ships you can get good at quick..tier 6 is tricky and the Yorck V11 is a different beast altogether and no fun at all as yet because my rush in and kill attitude will not work (no kidding and to many years playing FPS)

Well I've nearly got enough (four days away) for the Hipper Tier V111 and have been reading up on it, seems "hopeless" is the talk, I care not a jot I firmly believe you can adapt/adjust a play style to "kill them all" around a ship.

I'd love a Tirps, I think I may actually start buying stuff but not till I get the hang of these big boys

What a great game this is

Oh yes "naval war tactics"

So I'm dead and 3 of us left with 1 only 1/2 damaged enemy ship and our guys sit behind an Island 5km away...I sit there thinking..what's with that so I type."go kill him", I mean... What's With That. Is "naval war tactics" a phrase for "gee I'm chicken scared and don't want to die (because I'm really a destroyer player in disguise)" I could spend much more time on these "destroyer players" but I think the point was made clearly.

From the Simpsons (or should be)

Homer: I want to play WOW

Marge: Ok dear but you know you suck at these intellectual clever games that require some thought and skills

Homer: I will be a Destroyer player dear, that takes little skill and I can get big scores and be mostly invisible so no one can see me and I can chicken kill all day with no skills and be top on the leader results.

not just no.

being a DD player isn't easy compared to the rest, you just gain a ton of maneuverability but lost a ton of hp, i still have a ton of trouble doing "hiding in smoke" i pop smoke turn and slow down i still git hit some games i didnt do much and dies so no being a DD is equally difficult as every other class

i only blame my mistakes or mein stupidity

or 

my team

"because my rush in and kill attitude"

^ only you can fix this yourself  we can't help change a person we can only help improve and answer questions and answers

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i use to loath CV too back in cb,. back when they are really strong. but after trying to play them i really enjoy them. maybe you should try playing DD too. they are the most fun ship too play, specially USN.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Hey Shira :)

Yes in studding the tactics of the Destroyers I do see where they can go very wrong especially in the lower tiers and I rely a lot on this to destroy them.

In the ships we can only distract in a limited way, swerve, power up/down but learning to hit 3 out of 4 shells really causes damage to you.

If I can say this..5 shots will be enough for me to stop you in the water, another 10 shots while you sit there with little engine power
and it's all over, I always try to burn to death a bit by leaving out a shot or two, slightly disturbing I know lol.

A destroyer on the other hand has several means to hide and trap while we ships are always exposed, such is the life at WOW, but it's all intense fun :)

I will be watching out for you on the seas (closely)

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,015 battles

You only play CAs exclusively. I think you need to understand the thought processes when it comes to playing DDs. Perhaps you should read up on how to play DDs so you could at least learn how to stop yourself from easily becoming DD food.

So you have a 'rush and kill' attitude while playing CAs exclusively. Is this on all your CA's other than the Yorck? Cruisers aren't meant to go rush and kill DDs exclusively. Might as well let the DDs come towards your team, you know, where a bunch are clumped up, and then proceed to attempt to spot the thing when you figure out that there's one nearby. It's a safer bet than sailing far from your team to be kited by a DD. It's all very situational.

It's not a positive thing when you go "...engaged in a battle with a ship but as soon as I see a destroyer I don't care if the ship kills me I'll do everything to murder/maim/destroy that chicken/hiding/smoke spewing devious ship."

You're reducing your usefulness that way, you're being kited by a DD whether he knows it or not.

Don't worry man, when you change your mindset and try to figure things out, things will be looking up for you

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Did a bit of shameless stat peeking.

You're using German cruisers.

They posses the best hydroacoustics consumable, with Yorck possessing 5.4km absolute detection range for ships when turned on. Simply hide behind an island where a suspected DD is in or lead a charge into smoke to flush DDs out.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Hey Derek

I do see where your coming from but I'm way more devious than the dd captains think,,I'll get amongst it with the others and play the Team Way

But what I do is chain fire on a ship and the Destroyer will think I'm dedicated in the ship battle and get close thinking I'm just distracted..I'm not distracted for even a moment as I'm really lining him/her up..they even get to 2km away in their confidence (they get this close because I'm really avoiding a torp line from them)

By the time they are 1/2 dead they must still be wondering what on earth happened.

"So you have a 'rush and kill' attitude while playing CAs exclusively. Is this on all your CA's other than the Yorck? "

Just tier 1 ,,11 and 3, I have no skills at tier 6 and above, I mean zero, just hopeless but that's only because I'm doing tier 1 and 11 a lot to get the credits for the Hipper, now that's going to be a complete restructuring on skills to get anywhere

"It's not a positive thing when you go "...engaged in a battle with a ship but as soon as I see a destroyer I don't care if the ship kills me"

Please see this as  a tactic, In learning how to shoot accurately at DD's I do play my part in killing a few ships, I do my fair share, I did screen shots yesterday of the last 10 battles and they all show me at the top two for damage (wanted to show the wife I was ok at something)

"Don't worry man, when you change your mindset and try to figure things out, things will be looking up for you"

I disagree with you on that, my rush in and die will be overcome when I rush in and kill, it works on Destroyers but will need a bit of fine tuning for the next 15 years in the higher tiers, "things" are not wrong now and when I spend the time on the Hipper it will work, or not lol..a bad tactic is always going to be bad I suppose.

I'm not broken

DD = destroyers and CA are Cruisers?

220 posts
3,420 battles

Stein ..Yes I only heard about " hydroacoustics consumable" yesterday on a youtube warships channel I joined, I'm going to have to look into that.

At least I've got 25 million to get all the upgrades etc for the Hipper, I am going to sell that Yorck though, it's being the cause of much frustration and angst 

"Simply hide behind an island "

This does go into the new Tier V111 tactics folder and goes against the grain..a lot :)

Beta Tester
906 posts

There was a ranked game I played, it was 7 DDs vs 6 DDs plus 1 BB.

DDs are the meta and contribute to the outcome of the game more than the other ships.

If you dont want to get frustrated with this game, you gota learn how to play a DD or at least play a CA and know their weaknesses to beat them.

AFAIK, a well played DD doesn't have many weaknesses other than a CV or equal skill DD.

Edited by SlamUez

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Stein ..Yes I only heard about " hydroacoustics consumable" yesterday on a youtube warships channel I joined, I'm going to have to look into that.

At least I've got 25 million to get all the upgrades etc for the Hipper, I am going to sell that Yorck though, it's being the cause of much frustration and angst 

"Simply hide behind an island "

This does go into the new Tier V111 tactics folder and goes against the grain..a lot :)

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Two cruisers taking turns with hydroacoustics can lead a push into torp-heavy territory- Can even be three if you coordinate well.

The idea is knowing when to use islands and when to push; It's not absolute.

Hydroacoustics is seldom used because everyone's allergic to CVs despite their uncommon appearances.

For instance, I've rarely equipped DfAA on Myoko, yet I rarely encounter problems involving swatting carrier-based planes in the sky; Apparently, most CV captains avoid CAs out of habit.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Ah ha it's the ones that say they are just a scrub are the ones that have to be watched the most. I am brilliant at WOW (so we know what that means) :)

Stein, mate you are talking a shell 2 miles over my head at the moment but fear not, as I learn more about the game than just shooting I'll be up to speed..and thank you but I'll still shoot you and burn you if I can to a horrid death, it's what we all do :)

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,015 battles

DD = destroyers and CA are Cruisers?

yep, that's correct. Also CV for Carrier and BB for Battleships

220 posts
3,420 battles

"OP feels bad when his game is ruined by enemy DDs

OP believes that playing DD takes little skill only but get big scores

then why don't you play DD??"

I think if I started out using just the destroyers (couldn't of course) I most likely wouldn't have moved on, but I didn't and this is way more fun really.

"USN DDs cap/smoke/help torp/hunt other DDs, scout and yet u hate us *sniff sniff, u so crule"

Finally someone who sees it my way :), I sulked the first month and took counselling the second then just cried myself to sleep ever since. It's life changing stuff this game. Hate is such a strong word but it's not personal (I really love you all in a dark way), just killed another one, that feels better :)

"There is no chicken in the game (except for people who play Atlanta)."  Permission to feel free to direct some anti-love Icy's way.

Anyway this was my intro post so "Hi" and see ya out there. I will be watching. 

435 posts
6,169 battles

One for the little guy

Never to be seen, sneaking round, hiding behind islands and stalking just 6 km of some badass battleships port side, you see him straighten up and splash, splash, splash off goings your little piranhas, then boom, boom, boom, there he’s gona, all broken up and going to the bottom.

Actually it’s not that easy in the upper tiers, everyone zig zagging, hydroacoustic, radar, those dam air planes and oh I’ve just  spawn in front of the cap I guess I better go and do my job, cap with a kill me first sign.

Edited by Yul_Brynner