Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

What are some tricks to crack T8 and up?

43 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Apparently I do kind of OK on T5-T7 ships. But for some reasons, I don't seem to get the hang of T8 ships at all. What is so different for T8? What is the suggested time so that I do not get dragged into boring T10 matches? Gimme some pro-tips.

496 posts
4,163 battles

Depends on the lines

BB is more obvious in changes

because both move to become slightly faster in comparison to their tier 7 counterparts

from what i noticed IJN's mogami is much difficult to citadel compare to myoko unless you are talking about atago who is a Citadel ship XD

DD i have no comments.

gameplay seems the same just slight more passive and defensive

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

Apparently I do kind of OK on T5-T7 ships. But for some reasons, I don't seem to get the hang of T8 ships at all. What is so different for T8? What is the suggested time so that I do not get dragged into boring T10 matches? Gimme some pro-tips.

Tier VIII-X are Campers Battles

They Camp

They Hide 

especially DDs 

hmmm

idk what's for tier VIII-X Matches though but im sure players will camp during Standard Battles, others are Domination modes 

You have to carefully look for DDs, Gearing is dangerous :hiding:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

783 posts
4,808 battles

Other than making sacrifices to MM in order not to get queue'd into a T10 match, I have no idea. :hiding:

Add a little control in aggressiveness I guess. Facing more 16incher AP shells than the 14 inchers adds a lot of pain.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

1. Ignore repair bill.
  2. Pay more attention to the minimap. DD scout ahead, CA goes behind them followed by BB. 
  3. Abuse concealment(!) If you're ain't spotted, nobody can shoot at you. You don't necessarily need to fire the guns all the time.
  4. Ignore repair bill.
  5. Don't go to the edges of the map, you won't find Pokemon there.
  6. Got overwhelmed? Retreat and kite. Don't even try shooting back with all of your guns because it will slow you down.
  7. Ignore repair bill.
  8. If you have firepower disadvantage but superior concealment (IJN DDs) permaspot the enemy gunboats and let your team deal with them.
  9. If the team are pushing, don't go too far and half throttle ur ship. I've seen many BBs being super useless because they can't catch up with the rest of the team.
  10. For God's sake, ignore the repair bill.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

1. Ignore repair bill.
  2. Ignore repair bill.
  3. Ignore repair bill.
  4. For God's sake, ignore the repair bill.

As a budget player, I find this nigh-impossible.

Even losing 1.2k is enough to make me reflect on my performance, even when in the top 3.

266 posts
5,135 battles

If you want to avoid them, play when not that many people are online. Avoid weekends. Play at midday-afternoon. I rarely got dragged into tier 10 at that time.

At tier 8, ships are faster, hits much harder, and have immense firing range. Solo yoloing might work often in lower tiers, but here you will get rekt most of the time.

As for strategies, Eurobeat already covered most of them. If I may add, I usually spend the first 5-10 minutes playing defensively and assess the situation. By playing defensively, I don't mean staying back camping and sniping at 20km. Instead try to get and hold some cap and support your DDs, but don't overextend. If your enemies pushes, kite them. If they retreat, don't chase them.

After 10 minutes mark has passed, the ships usually start to get scattered, that's when you can start pushing and pick them one by one.

191 posts
10,622 battles

Division with Tier 6 CV. Most of the time you will be among the top tier ship in the match

Even losing 1.2k is enough to make me reflect on my performance, even when in the top 3.

Haha wait till you losing tens of thousands when using Tier 10 ships :P

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Credits can be gained by playing mid tier ships and completing missions, and you can use it for buying stuff for all ships.

Exp? Exp is tied to the ship you drive and comes only from said ship. Earning more exp is more important than credits, i'd rather sacrifice 5k HP on my Fubuki to balance cheeky Bensons so they're no longer be annoyances. More exp = lesser grind.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Credits can be gained by playing mid tier ships and completing missions, and you can use it for buying stuff for all ships.

Exp? Exp is tied to the ship you drive and comes only from said ship. Earning more exp is more important than credits, i'd rather sacrifice 5k HP on my Fubuki to balance cheeky Bensons so they're no longer be annoyances. More exp = lesser grind.

I sincerely want to minimize T5 grinding as much as possible.

Even if the economy's built that way.

Especially since the economy is built that way.

Need to channel my inner unicum to not lose anything, even with the repair reduction flags.

Anything but the credit grind. Please.

496 posts
4,163 battles

I stop playing tier 8 after i got my Zao and i abandoned my atago cuz "tier 8" there are some wallet warriors who buy ships just to play high tier and let the team down not saying every1 just some.

anyways because  some people buy tier 8 prem ships to play at high tier they don't really understand the meta of the higher tiers and usually you could see them sailing alone or just moving ahead too fast then get picked out.

i don't usually reflect on my games because i only look at 3 points : did i do terrible(lost) or i did ok(win)
and usually blame teammates for some stupidity they did.

to assure you financial stability in the game it's still usually best to play some lower tiered games
^ seal clubbing seems bad but it's natural.

tier 4-tier 6 is usually profitable games
decent ok-ok/so-so aoba games yeild me around 70-100k
kamikaze/minekaze usually 50-75k
isokaze 40-50k

^ all IJN cuz "reasons"
edit in:
tier 7 is still profitable along with tier 8 well just be more defensive-passive

More exp = lesser grind.

lesser gind = lesser game = lesser expenses \o/ :trollface:

If you want to avoid them, play when not that many people are online. Avoid weekends. Play at midday-afternoon. I rarely got dragged into tier 10 at that time..

well midday-afternoon isn't best timing considering if one is in work or internship ( me  T_T )

Edited by ShiraYukira

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

1. Ignore repair bill.
  2. Pay more attention to the minimap. DD scout ahead, CA goes behind them followed by BB. 
  3. Abuse concealment(!) If you're ain't spotted, nobody can shoot at you. You don't necessarily need to fire the guns all the time.
  4. Ignore repair bill.
  5. Don't go to the edges of the map, you won't find Pokemon there.
  6. Got overwhelmed? Retreat and kite. Don't even try shooting back with all of your guns because it will slow you down.
  7. Ignore repair bill.
  8. If you have firepower disadvantage but superior concealment (IJN DDs) permaspot the enemy gunboats and let your team deal with them.
  9. If the team are pushing, don't go too far and half throttle ur ship. I've seen many BBs being super useless because they can't catch up with the rest of the team.
  10. For God's sake, ignore the repair bill.

Thanks man, I usually play BB, and almost all the time get overwhelmed. I do not really care about credits, I think the most amount of credit I ever managed to reach is probably 5 millions. Reason why I cannot buy Amagi even though I unlocked it 2 weeks earlier.

As for strategies, Eurobeat already covered most of them. If I may add, I usually spend the first 5-10 minutes playing defensively and assess the situation. By playing defensively, I don't mean staying back camping and sniping at 20km. Instead try to get and hold some cap and support your DDs, but don't overextend. If your enemies pushes, kite them. If they retreat, don't chase them.

After 10 minutes mark has passed, the ships usually start to get scattered, that's when you can start pushing and pick them one by one.

This is one of the problems I faced at tier 8 ships, I end up being in places that I regret. Cause ships are faster, and I am still used to 25kts of tier 7s. (Yes, only interested in battleships)

lesser gind = lesser game = lesser expenses \o/ :trollface:

well midday-afternoon isn't best timing considering if one is in work or internship ( me  T_T )

I have a fulltime day job, which often involves 10-11 hours at work and travel back and forth to home as well. So it is not possible for me to play much, or play everyday, let alone play during day time. I tried games in Tirpitz and Kutuzov before I get smashed in stock Amagi and about 90% of those games are T10 MM. Plus, it seems like division in tier 8 is almost guaranteed to be a bottom tier.

I am an weekend warrior (I believe an above average one though) and you can call me a wallet warrior too, but I legitimately grinded the full T7. Just can't afford the tech tree versions of the ships.

496 posts
4,163 battles

I have a fulltime day job, which often involves 10-11 hours at work and travel back and forth to home as well. So it is not possible for me to play much, or play everyday, let alone play during day time. I tried games in Tirpitz and Kutuzov before I get smashed in stock Amagi and about 90% of those games are T10 MM. Plus, it seems like division in tier 8 is almost guaranteed to be a bottom tier.

I am an weekend warrior (I believe an above average one though) and you can call me a wallet warrior too, but I legitimately grinded the full T7. Just can't afford the tech tree versions of the ships.

currently in internetship so i know the feeling, i only play 1-3 games at night before i have to contribute to my other games

not really a wallet warrior....

it's hard mordern times to have a good life where you have work and play games

and it's gonna get harder when you are in relationship... <- doubt its gonna happen to me :P

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

currently in internetship so i know the feeling, i only play 1-3 games at night before i have to contribute to my other games

not really a wallet warrior....

it's hard mordern times to have a good life where you have work and play games

and it's gonna get harder when you are in relationship... <- doubt its gonna happen to me :P

Well, Stein mocks me for this a lot, I buy premium ships but never play them :P

Murmansk and Mikhail are two exceptions, I actually played them. I have like 80% WR in murmansk and shocking 30% in Mikhail Kutuzov.

496 posts
4,163 battles

Well, Stein mocks me for this a lot, I buy premium ships but never play them :P

Murmansk and Mikhail are two exceptions, I actually played them. I have like 80% WR in murmansk and shocking 30% in Mikhail Kutuzov.

Hardly used : Mikasa , Tachibana , Smith, Ishizuchi , Atago

still learning maybe go to the list ^ or below : Sims

use: tirpitz, Kamikaze

yes much sitting around alot of $ there lel

i can't seem to enjoy atago nowadays but i still love her as she helped me get up :D

My fav are : atago, tirpitz , kamikaze but their win rate is way below 50%

well lets blame team like normal

another thing for your question :

There is many changes on the T7->T8 in most nation/ most classes

it will take time to learn, to be exact i find those who whine that T8 meet T10 alot abit funny because i seem to be top tier most of the time in T8 games fighting T6-7... luck ?

If you hasn't watched videos i will suggest Aerroon's

anyways just try sit-back feel comfortable and play the game normally might git salty <- blame team lol cuz rng won't help (got tired scrolling up n down so i won't repeat meinself)

my stats are public you can see i only have juan t9 game cuz i scrub lord to T10 ~_~

Edited by ShiraYukira

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

another thing for your question :

There is many changes on the T7->T8 in most nation/ most classes

it will take time to learn, to be exact i find those who whine that T8 meet T10 alot abit funny because i seem to be top tier most of the time in T8 games fighting T6-7... luck ?

If you hasn't watched videos i will suggest Aerroon's

anyways just try sit-back feel comfortable and play the game normally might git salty <- blame team lol cuz rng won't help (got tired scrolling up n down so i won't repeat meinself)

my stats are public you can see i only have juan t9 game cuz i scrub lord to T10 ~_~

I am told that the time I can play is pretty odd and T8s tend to get pulled up in T10 battles cause there arent many T10 - T9 players in the queue. General time 9PM (+6GMT) to 3AM. Only very few players are online during the time frame.

496 posts
4,163 battles

I am told that the time I can play is pretty odd and T8s tend to get pulled up in T10 battles cause there arent many T10 - T9 players in the queue. General time 9PM (+6GMT) to 3AM. Only very few players are online during the time frame.

yes its like 00:00am -> 6am  HAHAHA

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I sincerely want to minimize T5 grinding as much as possible.

Even if the economy's built that way.

Especially since the economy is built that way.

Need to channel my inner unicum to not lose anything, even with the repair reduction flags.

Anything but the credit grind. Please.

Well no matter how good your Mercedes or how efficient you drive it, the Toyotas would still consume less fuel kek.

Still, doesn't mean that it can't be done.. I had some profitable games on T10 ships but that happens when i involuntarily decided to be an unicum.. Other times i usually derped, but since i don't care about repair bills i never feel bad about it..

266 posts
5,135 battles

This is one of the problems I faced at tier 8 ships, I end up being in places that I regret. Cause ships are faster, and I am still used to 25kts of tier 7s. (Yes, only interested in battleships)

Well, I do think that playing Battleships became much harder at T8 and up. T6 battleships for example, can tank a lot of hits even from multiple enemies. But with ships like Zao, Yamato, and their friends at high tiers, T8+ battleships's HP pool really doesn't seem like much. That's why I think positioning became really important. You need to be really careful that you limit your engagement to fighting only 1-2 ships. If you start to get focused on, retreat. Because unlike lower tier BBs, you actually have speed now. Also, consider taking the concealment expert even in your BBs. My Izumo grind became much more comfortable after taking that skill.

I have like 80% WR in murmansk and shocking 30% in Mikhail Kutuzov.

Btw, do you know how to use Offensive Smoke in your Kutuzov? Because Kutuzov is imo one of the T8 ships that can fight comfortably even in T10. So I'm asking just in case, maybe you are playing it wrong.

496 posts
4,163 battles

This is my latest tier 8 match, enemy had 2 IJN CV, we had 2 USN CV in T8 MM. Then came the cyclone. We got rekt.

IEx6vf9.jpg

"cyclone" the sht weather that turn games around most of the time

i already lost 2-3 games because a cyclone came.....

but i did win one thanks to it XD

783 posts
4,808 battles

"cyclone" the sht weather that turn games around most of the time

i already lost 2-3 games because a cyclone came.....

but i did win one thanks to it XD

I like cyclone myself since it's pretty close to my 'default' playstyle. Ain't gonna change anything for me personally so I favor it a lot.

Sign in to follow this