Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

WOWS and 32bit OS

7 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

Is the current World of Warships too resource-hungry for 32 bit Windows 7? Since patch 0.5.5 came out, the game crashes in the middle of the match. Its happening maybe once or twice a week. But then since patch 0.5.8 came out, I am experiencing this every two or three matches.

I don't want to be reported AFK by the community and I don't want to ruin other people games so I may stop playing till this is resolved. I have uninstalled the mods, run it in safe mode, tried checking the game integrity, lowering the graphic settings, and defragmenting my hard drive but it still won't work. The least I wanted to do is upgrading my system to 64 bit.

Anyone here experience this same problem and how you solved it? Thanks in advance.

error.jpg

Edited by KirstieBeau

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

Clearly not enough memory left for the game. Windows 32 bit OS cannot use more than 3GB memory. So you have to update to 64 bit OS (and hardware probably).

Meanwhile, try stopping all unnecessary windows services and all unnecessary application, specially web browser, updater and anti virus stuffs. (I cannot be held guilty for any damage done to your system).

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

maybe your hard disk is also running out of room.

maybe delete things you don't need.

make sure u delete old replays if you have them etc.

412 posts
9,236 battles

Have the same prob before and just yesterday I installed 8gb RAM, replacing my old 2gb one. The game runs smoothly 30~40 fps on all medium settings because of my laptop specs. If you can't upgrade your OS to 64 bit one, try to add more RAM max it to 3gb. I checked WoWs on all low settings it used almost 2gb of memory, so you still have likely 1gb of freedom. Also, always defrag your disk keep it below 5% or so.

EDIT : and it's still win7 rite? you can also use windows classic theme as it is not too heavy :trollface:

Ah, also try the Compressed Texture Mod, I used it before though it just because my laptop ran out of my memory so loading time is still long, have few lags, and that error screen is still coming but at lower rates hehe

Edited by kentanghalla

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I was having a similar problem. It was driving me nuts. 

I allocated more bytes to the drive that wows was in, removed replays and uninstalled unused programmes.... Nothing. Nothing worked.

As well, my pc was making odd noises  --

Turned out my power supply was on the fritz...... time for a new one.

So, i figured i may as well throw a heap of money at the pc,......... I upgraded to 64 bit, went SSD and put in a newer graphics card. 

It certainty stopped that allocation error. But i can't pin down which process fixed the fault, it just may have been the re-install that did it.

But I was happy to spend money, there may be a cheaper alternative for you. >>>    Have you tried re-installing? I think that's the first road to go down. DeadMan provides a good tip 

Thousands of PCs that run this game only use 32bits. If the game stopped for all 32bit pcs, imagine the flood of complaints!! 

Hope this helped.

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

Where did you manage to find a 32 bit machine in 2016 anyway.....

Error log says wows ran out of system memory, windows 7 takes a lot for running itself as well. Having a big pagefile on your harddrive may solve the problem, but you will have huge lags.

Another thing, disable recycle bin, and disable hibernation if that is on.

173 posts
5,332 battles

I forgot to thank all of you for the help. Finally fixed this by doing a clean reinstall. Took me a week to do that because of the crappy internet speed here in the Philippines. Anyway, thanks a bunch. :D

Sign in to follow this