You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stein_Grenadier

Hard choices

33 comments in this topic

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Tis' simple.

Choose between suffering crippling defeats with 1k base exp, but over 70k damage dealt. You will always blow up, leaving you with repair bills.

or

Being carried in a 3-man division with unicum-level WR, but only get 300 base exp and little-to-no damage. You will always leave without a scratch.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

783 posts
4,819 battles

It's not really mutually exclusive and you can have great games while on-div.

I'm not one to talk though since I rarely div and when I do, I do worse in it since I'm the one to adjust my playstyle to my friends.

And if you go aggressive while on div, it's really good to know that you'll have 1 or 2 ships that will support your endeavor.

(No matter how "Banzai Charge! :izmena:" it tends to be)

At least, that's what I'd like to think. :teethhappy:

tl;dr: DIV!

Edited by SZYZWY

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'd prefer the first option..

Top Exp even on defeat is still a win for me, exp (and credits) matters more..

And if both team actually fighting each other, there will be more exp & credits thrown all over the place so everyone can earn decent rewards..

753 posts
8,965 battles

I'm not one to talk though since I rarely div and when I do, I do worse in it since I'm the one to adjust my playstyle to my friends.

Exactly this ^^

I rarely see divisions do well as they are to busy worrying what their friends are doing and looking out for each other rather than supporting the whole team and it's objective.

Lone wolf approach for me always, supporting those around me where possible with the match objective foremost in my mind. 

266 posts
5,142 battles

Why not both? It's not like you can't win a lot in solo nor you can't have good performance in div.

But if I have to choose, I'll pick the first one. I like seeing big damage numbers in my result screen. :3

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,475 battles

Winning is everything, it is what you are supposed to do in a PvP game.

I will look back and improve on my skill if I didn`t do so well on a particular match.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Who cares about win rates, enjoy yourself and play the game how you want it.

If the team is losing, then so be it. Play your ship and deal as much damage or outplay some of the other ships and sink them. Meanwhile stay alive, and reduce the repair bill =D.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,395 battles

Being carried in a 3-man division with unicum-level WR, but only get 300 base exp and little-to-no damage. You will always leave without a scratch.

Play with unicums and learn from them. You can gitgud very fast.

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

I prefer high win rate, high damage and high exp. They seem very related to each other. If you think you only care about high exp but not high win rate, then this is sort of contradictory. You need to have wins to maintain good exp gains. 

For example, when I try beating dead horses in:

solo: win rate 47%, average damage 49K, average xp 1K, survival 47%

2div: win rate 60%, average damage 45K, average xp 900, survival 47% (mostly because I play low tier in 2div)

3div: win rate 66%, average damage 53K, average xp 1.2K, survival 62%

So you can see, 3div is better in every aspect. I don't know why that has to be two alternative choices. (true I played only few games, and just an average, but this proves your claim is wrong).

I wonder why is this even a hard choice. You div with Unicums, you do massive damage, win the match, get massive exp bonus for your effort. All win situation is what I see. I also play only in a division of Unicums since winning is fun for me and I want to reach DeathSkyz' numbers :D

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I prefer high win rate, high damage and high exp. They seem very related to each other. If you think you only care about high exp but not high win rate, then this is sort of contradictory. You need to have wins to maintain good exp gains. 

For example, when I try beating dead horses in:

solo: win rate 47%, average damage 49K, average xp 1K, survival 47%

2div: win rate: 60%, average damage 45K, average xp 900, survival 47% (mostly cause I play low tier in 2div)

3div: win rage: 66%, average damage 53K, average xp 1.2K, survival 62%

So you can see, 3div is better in every aspect. I don't know why that has to be two alternative choices. (true I played only few games, and just an average, but this proves your claim is wrong).

I wonder why is this even a hard choice. You div with Unicums, you do massive damage, win the match, get massive exp bonus for your effort. All win situation is what I see. I also play only in a division of Unicums since winning is fun for me and I want to reach DeathSkyz' numbers :D

Pls, I'm no unicum.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Tis' simple.

Choose between suffering crippling defeats with 1k base exp, but over 70k damage dealt. You will always blow up, leaving you with repair bills.

or

i have div with you for a while... i lost count on the match we played, but this post of you really really hurt my heart. 

thanks for the past memories. sayonara, farewell, goodbye.. 

i hope you have a good time.

your ex-div teamates

Xpon

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Always carry your own weight at least. 

its a teamgame, winrate is not how to measure your play (good or bad - like football, a single player cant always carry their team) but personal performance is. 

so option 1 for me

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

i have div with you for a while... i lost count on the match we played, but this post of you really really hurt my heart. 

thanks for the past memories. sayonara, farewell, goodbye.. 

i hope you have a good time.

your ex-div teamates

Xpon

Dude, that was deep :trollface: